Giants v Devils - 30/08 @ 7:00pm - Preseason - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

Re: Giants v Devils - 30/08 @ 7:00pm - Preseason - Chat/Upda

solid period from the Devils, minus a poor PP and a few awful turnovers.
Not sure why Phillips went for Mychan as he was pushed/checked into Murphy by a Giants D man.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Quality is excellent, shame it took almost 15 minutes into the period to go live.

Commentators on the other hand are abysmal. One guys calls himself the coach which is embarrassing. Both just constantly blow smoke up their players backsides, at least try and be a bit impartial you clowns!
Camera work isn't the best, quality pictures but cameraman bit dodgy. Good entertaining game though, think it might just kick off tomorrow, hopefully.

Good quality webcast. Very impressed!! Shame that the cameraman doesn't seem to have ever watched a hockey game before. Missed half of the Hotham fight whilst pointing his camera at nothing.

KaneDevils

Enjoyable game, a period each the third a draw. Hotham looks very decent, not sure about Jeremy Clarkson.
Hendrikx looks good too but was guilty of some poor giveaways.
Murphy made some wonderful saves especially that one near the end. Thought our finishing through out
wasn't great.
But early days, think the season will be quite good. :)

(post above was in reference to the sudden video of grease/Mr Bean and co. What was that about?? Crazy s**t !! )

Wannabe2

danhall76 said:
Good quality webcast. Very impressed!! Shame that the cameraman doesn't seem to have ever watched a hockey game before. Missed half of the Hotham fight whilst pointing his camera at nothing.
Exactly, on another planet at times.

KaneDevils

Wannabe2 said:
danhall76 said:
When the fight broke out wasn't the camera following the puck at the other end? Fancy following the puck? Whatever next. :lol:

drainage

According to twitter some Giant fans booing Devils at end ...... Guessing we are doing something right and they were upset they didn't get a 7 nil win!

Devil94

Watched the last two periods on webcast. Thought we were good again, taking into consideration no Lord, Culligan, Marsh, Hudson. Hendrikx again was good, Haddad also. Didn't see Walton's goal but he looked very good on the puck. Could have easily won, Murphy with some cracking saves. Was nice to see us out do Belfast on the physicality too, something I hoped last year would happen.

Finny

I was impressed in the Coventry game with our transition and skill, but a bit disappointed that the Blaze were more physical than us. We put that right tonight.

On Wednesday a Blaze player went in late on Bowns and nothing happened. Tonight when Roberts (?) went in late on him he was shoved around and face washed. When Lloyd hit one of our players off the puck we hit him harder. When he blindsided one of our players we went after him and when Keefe jumped in 3rd man we went after him too.

As soon as Keefe was gone, Lloyd was as quiet as a mouse. Ok he nearly scored, but I didn't see him throw another check all night. By the end of the game we were starting to win the physical battle that Belfast have dominated over us in recent years.

I'm guessing Keefe will try and get some revenge tomorrow and I think there could well be fireworks. The commentators were going nuts at Clarkson which can only mean he is doing his job brilliantly. At one point the one guy was going nuts shouting "Did you see what Clarkson just did then?" Yes I did. He hammered your guy into the boards legally.

Ok we lost the game but I'm not convinced their second goal crossed the line. I didn't see the goal judge put their light on either.

Can not wait until tomorrow now.

KaneDevils said:
Wannabe2 said:
danhall76 said:
When the fight broke out wasn't the camera following the puck at the other end? Fancy following the puck? Whatever next. :lol:
I thought he would go back after the whistle, just a little slow.

Great game though. I think Hendrikx is the stay at home we've been waiting for for years. Was sloppy at times but a very intimidating presence. I'll give Clarkson a few games to get into his stride before commenting as he is likely playing a lot more minutes than he is used to. Haddad was very good again. Walton and Martin are both very good skaters. Hotham had a fantastic game and I think we have found a new fan favorite in Mychan.

Devil94 said:
Watched the last two periods on webcast. Thought we were good again, taking into consideration no Lord, Culligan, Marsh, Hudson. Hendrikx again was good, Haddad also. Didn't see Walton's goal but he looked very good on the puck. Could have easily won, Murphy with some cracking saves. Was nice to see us out do Belfast on the physicality too, something I hoped last year would happen.
The goal was very good. I though he held it up for too long but he then rounded Murphy and slotted it home. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

DevilDom

Decent pre-season game for 2 periods although the intensity dropped off substantially in the 3rd which I guess is to be expected with both teams short benched and it being a nothing game.

Very impressed with the majority of the new Devils, particularly Hendrix, Hotham and Haddad. Obviously some will take longer to settle in than others. Really impressed with the physicality shown and willingness to take no crap from the Giants.

Really looking forward to the rematch tomorrow!

Didn't see the game just followed on here and twitter. Loving the anti devils tweets so far. We must be doing something right. Can't get over how people can be judging players after 2 games and not even a week in the country.

Really pleased with the team, it's early days things will settle down, on another note I think CJ and Piggsie are stepping up well and helping the team out

Anyone know if our new owners would have watched the webcast? I don't know if it is available abroad.

Ocko

Also worth mentioning; who was the first player to be straight in and grab hold of Keefe in the altercation?

... Josh Batch - again. Big year for this lad I think. Definitely the toughest Brit in the league and not scared of anyone by the seems of it.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Also worth mentioning; who was the first player to be straight in and grab hold of Keefe in the altercation?

... Josh Batch - again. Big year for this lad I think. Definitely the toughest Brit in the league and not scared of anyone by the seems of it.
Bit like Nicky Chinn reborn, Josh just gets better and better like a fine wine.i also noticed that Ocko and it was truelly a sight to behold. Bring on tonight.

Finny

For those of you who bought the webcast last night, if you log back in you can now download the whole game to rewatch.