Gerad Adams

Mooney#16

Just to clarify this. G puts up a tweet fishing for compliments and people want to throw a coach who is in first place who has coached the league leading special teams throughout his coaching career so far whilst nursing the leagues fourth largest budget under the bus. Don't let facts interfere with prejudice people.

august04

Thread starter #22
Just to clarify this. G puts up a tweet fishing for compliments and people want to throw a coach who is in first place who has coached the league leading special teams throughout his coaching career so far whilst nursing the leagues fourth largest budget under the bus. Don't let facts interfere with prejudice people.
I suggest you read the posts again. How many have said throw Lord under a bus and replace him with G?!

Electro

It's the nature of the business, one which has always relied on and always will rely on results of its employees, far more than your average career. As a professional sports player Lord will be well used to the comings and goings of people and the harsh realities. If he isn't, is uncomfortable with that reality, he's in either the wrong career or has got lucky and the Devils owner group are happy to take the revenue sell out crowds produce and don't care much for the success in trophy form.

G voicing his intention or simply messing around on Twitter with those comments is interesting, on both counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mooney#16

You think those in Cardiff with motives would not crow from the roof tops if G came in and Cardiff finally won the league. Take your head coach and destabilise him bringing in G. A head coach you just resigned to a contract. No it's a great signal to give him. The comments are naive conjecture at best. People are clinging onto anything possible to get the Devils over the line. This is a thread representative of fan nerves. Nerves are justifiable. Bringing G in wouldn't be.

august04

Thread starter #25
Do you really think G will be brought in to assist Lord?! It won't happen in a million years, neither Lord nor G would accept that situation I would suggest. Some here have welcomed the idea of him assisting in some capacity but that won't happen. But I am interested in where he could end up in some sort of coaching capacity. Why wouldn't we be, hence the thread? It certainly wasn't created from fan nerves, that's bizarre. I'm not nervous about winning the league. If we do great. If we don't, I'll still be here next year watching as I have done for 30 years. As sometimes then occurs, threads go off topic slightly and a few, myself included, talk about viability of the player-coach role. Quite how you reach your "clarification" in your previous post about throwing Lord under a bus and replacing him with G (when I don't think anyone suggested that at all), and your summary in your last post about people with motives in Cardiff crowing from the roof tops, God only knows?! I think you're reading far too much into this.

Last edited:

Rob Batch

Agreed, my previous post was unnecessary. The way my brain was thinking was more along the lines of-----great group of players, great coach and management, great chance of winning the big shiney cup ! Talk about shuffling things at this moment in time seems harsh. I'm not disrespecting anyone, nor would I. Apart from Thatcher maybe.

I know that Dundee offered G the job before Marc LeFebvre. G took so long to make up his mind they lost patience and then asked LeFebvre. As a club it looks like they are surviving on small crowd's and a small budget (that's a guess by the way). Now G has punched above his weight several times under those conditions and if I was in charge at Dundee would be asking G if he was interested. I cant see LeFebvre seeing out the season up there.

ASHIPP

With Clan's season well below expectation and growing fan discontent with Finnerty, rumours have been rumbling about whether he will be there next year. An opportunity for G?

Mooney#16

Do you really think G will be brought in to assist Lord?! It won't happen in a million years, neither Lord nor G would accept that situation I would suggest. Some here have welcomed the idea of him assisting in some capacity but that won't happen. But I am interested in where he could end up in some sort of coaching capacity. Why wouldn't we be, hence the thread? It certainly wasn't created from fan nerves, that's bizarre. I'm not nervous about winning the league. If we do great. If we don't, I'll still be here next year watching as I have done for 30 years. As sometimes then occurs, threads go off topic slightly and a few, myself included, talk about viability of the player-coach role. Quite how you reach your "clarification" in your previous post about throwing Lord under a bus and replacing him with G (when I don't think anyone suggested that at all), and your summary in your last post about people with motives in Cardiff crowing from the roof tops, God only knows?! I think you're reading far too much into this.
I read at least 5 people say he could do a job assisting Lordo. I merely shot down that train of thought stating a couple of facts. To believe letting G anywhere near the team would have anything but a destabilising effect on Lordo would be really blinkered. Hence you'd be throwing Lordo under the bus. There was a circle of influence that surrounded the club predominantly during G's era and some of those people still try to lobby for influence to this day. I'm not over analysing it. I'm pointing out the flaws in others opinion. Have your opinion. Just be open to having it critiqued and corrected.

august04

Thread starter #32
I read at least 5 people say he could do a job assisting Lordo. I merely shot down that train of thought stating a couple of facts. To believe letting G anywhere near the team would have anything but a destabilising effect on Lordo would be really blinkered. Hence you'd be throwing Lordo under the bus. There was a circle of influence that surrounded the club predominantly during G's era and some of those people still try to lobby for influence to this day. I'm not over analysing it. I'm pointing out the flaws in others opinion. Have your opinion. Just be open to having it critiqued and corrected.
So 5 were open to G assisting Lord? How on earth did you reach "clarification" of a complete thread, with numerous posters expressing differing opinions, that people wanted Lord thrown under a bus and replaced by G? No-one has suggested that! I never suggested that either and I don't believe that Lord would stand for such an appointment anyway and frankly, I don't think G would either! I think I made it clear too that I don't think it would ever happen, not in a million years. Critique my opinion all you like, it's a forum, that's what it's for - but at least back up your sweeping generalisations with a bit more accuracy in terms of what's been posted in this thread, which is after all, what most of us are discussing. Frankly, I couldn't give a stuff about behind the scenes politics and who is lobbying for what. I'll leave that to others.

Mooney#16

I'm pretty sure I did answer it. You let G anywhere near the team and you'd be throwing Lordo under the bus as you will have essentially given him a vote of no confidence in what he's done to this point and believe he needs G to get him over the line. That would unquestionably be throwing Lordo under the bus as like you said he wouldn't stand for it and most lightly would walk as his position would become so destabilised. Hence people saying it I believe we're wrong. I backed it up by saying people are wrong because you'd like to risk losing a first placed coach with the league best special teams working of the leagues fourth biggest budget for the sake of getting G in.

Kal

I think its the wrong time to make any coaching changes. I'd love to see Lord back on the ice but like someone said its unlikely to happen apart from injury cover, that's not to say I want him removed as Head Coach either. I think possibly if we do miss out again at the end of the season let Lord find himself an assistant so on match nights he can be a player first coach second, i highly doubt G would be looking for that kind of role tho

kingmo19.1

Oh gosh ..... and in, and out, and in, and out, and in, and out .... and relax, there we are!

A courteous anti-hysteria calmer provided by Kingmo19.1 - for those getting slightly carried away on this thread!

Did G even mention the UK? Don't think so.

Good to see Electro released back into the wild - don't hold back son :)

And Rob, the lady is not for turning (one for the oldies there) :)

Gazza272

I think possibly if we do miss out again at the end of the season let Lord find himself an assistant so on match nights he can be a player first coach second, i highly doubt G would be looking for that kind of role tho

Lord already has one in Jamie Elson.

And remember when g was our coach were couldn't score on the power play once load took over we had the best power play in the league

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mooney#16

Do me a favour Paul. Put the pitch fork down. No I don't know G. But it's Twitter. People read and respond. You put up a tweet saying you want back into the game you are inviting people to either blow smoke up your jacksy or call you every name under the sun. It wasn't a slur on the guy by the way. He's entitled to a bit of lovin after leaving the game in the way he did. I've zero issue with G's tweet. I purely pointed to five people that him turning up in Cardiff would be a bad idea because of the impact it would have on Lordo.