G Sacked?????

Gazza272

G is only 36 years old. It's crazy how long he has actually been coaching. However I would suggest it's only his time in Sheffield where he has had real time to coach properly.

His time in Cardiff was rife with real outside influences which would have made coaching difficult. He has to have time to grow as a coach in a settled environment. Dundee could be a great fit for G at this point.

Gospel

I think G would be better off becoming an assistant coach in another country to understand a different way of coaching & playing. His teams are one dimensional with no plan B so when plan A fails there's no way to change things.

I think whats happened to G just shows how Mr Smith operates. He thinks & no doubt believes that Shuff are 'the' team of the UK and when another upstart team out shines them in terms of performance & exciting hockey he wants it.

As for Shuff not being physical, isn't that the European way? Hardly any big hits, not allowed to be physical or intimidating so good luck in getting that mix to work in Europe and here.

Maybe there will be a rule change to the league now so its even less physical & intimidating with less fights and longer bans imposed. mmm I wonder who that would suit this coming season mmmm

Gospel said:
Maybe there will be a rule change to the league now so its even less physical & intimidating with less fights and longer bans imposed. mmm I wonder who that would suit this coming season mmmm

There usually is some sort of clampdown by officials in the seasons where Sheffield have signed no tough guys. Perhaps it is time for the league chairmen to rotate again at least it would look fairer even if it wasn't the case

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Gospel said:

There usually is some sort of clampdown by officials in the seasons where Sheffield have signed no tough guys. Perhaps it is time for the league chairmen to rotate again at least it would look fairer even if it wasn't the case
Total and utter rubbish.

Have Hope#35

robbo2306 said:
Gospel said:

Total and utter rubbish.
Don't worry... We agree with you, it is utter rubbish that this is allowed to happen!

Have Hope#35 said:
robbo2306 said:
Gospel said:

Total and utter rubbish.
Don't worry... We agree with you, it is utter rubbish that this is allowed to happen!
how about the chairman to be independent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Steelers announce press conference for Thursday morning, they anticipate new head coach will have signed by then.

Taking place at Royal Victoria Holiday Inn. This had better be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

A press conference? That's hilarious. What press are going to be there? The Sheffield Star's Bob Westerdale and BBC's Seth Bennett? They could've managed all that from Tony Smith's office!

A press conference in the EIHL. I've heard it all.

Ocko said:
A press conference? That's hilarious. What press are going to be there? The Sheffield Star's Bob Westerdale and BBC's Seth Bennett? They could've managed all that from Tony Smith's office!

A press conference in the EIHL. I've heard it all.
Beginning to find all of this laughable now. We shouldn't have let G go in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gospel

Doesn't Thompson still have business interests in the Chavs? If so how can he possibly then step into this shower of shite to put in place what Tony Smith wants without there being a conflict of interest?!

Skippy

Gospel said:
Doesn't Thompson still have business interests in the Chavs? If so how can he possibly then step into this shower of shite to put in place what Tony Smith wants without there being a conflict of interest?!
From what I've seen posted on other forums he apparently has yes..

"Mr Paul Nigel Thompson Coventry Blaze Ltd Company Director - Active Date of Appointment February 2nd 2004 Nationality British Date of Birth April 05, 1968 Mr. Paul Nigel Thompson is the company director of Coventry Blaze Ltd"

Which makes this "amusing"

Thommo : “I have a good amount of shares but I’m not a director and I’ve not been involved in the day-to-day running for two years. A clash of interests? No. I am a professional”