G given a month

TheStub

ASHIPP said:
bluedevil said:
That clears things up...I don't know why PR is wishing Belfast luck for Saturday though?
But it doesn't clear things up and close down the debate does it?

Read very carefully in one of the middle sections that coaching changes might still be made ifresults dont improve down the line.

And STILL talking about challenging for the league title! PR shares the same dreams that we do for our team......but do the maths. The most consistent team with minimal losses is
usually the League champion. Devils have already lost 3 league games in the first month. A And 2 of those were against non-arena teams. .Nottingham and Belfast are already demonstrating the consistency required to be the Champions.

If Devils can do well in the other competitions it will at least provide extra revenue for the Clu b. And fans would be happy.
I'd hope that they haven't ruled anything out. I want Ragan to come out and say "things are in hand" but not "we will not change anything and expect things to change".

They have spoken to the coach, they aren't happy with results (can't see why everyone complains, I haven't seen us lose yet) and want to see improvement.

We can't write off title hopes after a month - otherwise what's the point?

I'm glad coaching changes would be made if results don't improve! Now Lacosta is back if we continue with the results we've had that would be unacceptable...no problem there.

Ragan said we need to be in a positon to challenge for the league, that doesn't mean level pegging e with Nottingham and Belfsst, but bring near the top not 20 points adrift imo. A team that appears to be in touching distance is easier to market than one languishing mid table with the leader out of sight. We'd know that the chances of catching were slim, but maybe it would get done newbies in.

TheStub

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice- ... er-6135802

Yet more quality reporting from the Echo. Sensationalist headline and opening before just selectively quoting from the Devils website statement. Is this what reporting has come to? Has the club done something to upset Terry, or is he just having a bad time at home?

I'm tempted to write to the Echo and see what they'd pay a freelance hockey journalist - as it seems to be money for old rope.

TheStub said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/ice-hockey-cardiff-devils-owner-6135802

Yet more quality reporting from the Echo. Sensationalist headline and opening before just selectively quoting from the Devils website statement. Is this what reporting has come to? Has the club done something to upset Terry, or is he just having a bad time at home?

I'm tempted to write to the Echo and see what they'd pay a freelance hockey journalist - as it seems to be money for old rope.

Or does he know more than he is publishing ?

Terry does football as well and that will get priority with being first Premier season

BostonBart22 said:
the new off ice entertainment doesent help, month into the season the players dont even know the new intro yet, or is it still being made, the players should have been coming out to a new intro from day one, you be surprised how it pumps up players b4 a game, in my opinion mumbles and co. have gone backwards since paul was released, big mistake that, bring back paul and see how pumped up the players and crowd would be, fight fire with fire, born free, etc and even paul singing anthhem would give us a goal start. bet mumbles cant even speak welsh. :RAWK
only just had the pleasure of reading this and its almost as funny as the Echo article. What has welsh language got to do with anything? mumbles is a classical singer and sung anthem at rugby internationals. best atmosphere i have experienced was cup final in 2006 which he was working on. its not a competition. both guys have different styles and who is on the mic is irrelevant to me. its us fans who should be making the noise.

TheStub

jodysstillagirlsname said:
TheStub said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/ice-hockey-cardiff-devils-owner-6135802

Or does he know more than he is publishing ?

Terry does football as well and that will get priority with being first Premier season
So his aim is to get the Devils fan based worked up because he knows something that he can't say, but wanted to allude to it.

Of guess it is the football angle, and the Cardiff media aren't used to football at that level.

In any case, it is hardly a shining example of high quality journalism.

Diafol

This was included in the "Big Match Preview" email I received today:

"Gerad Adams has felt the heat this week from Devils management about the need to string a huge month of victories together in October. "

Talk about continuing to air your dirty laundry in public !

Diafol said:
This was included in the "Big Match Preview" email I received today:

"Gerad Adams has felt the heat this week from Devils management about the need to string a huge month of victories together in October. "

Talk about continuing to air your dirty laundry in public !
Kind of makes you think where the truth actually is or did Terry write the match preview, no scape goats here, it is so amateurish its untrue

For all of those posters calling for G to go, genuine question What belief do you have that the management of the club can recruit and retain a proven coach ?

I think this may be difficult to replace a player coach with a player and a coach so therefore feel it would be a player / coach.They have no experience at recruiting a coach and I feel the process would be based mainly on cost

IF WE LOSE TONIGHT TO SUCH A WEAK TEAM THEN I THINK ITS TIME TO TAKE BIG CHANCES.if the devils get a comfortable win them maby just maby they will bounce back with a good run of wins.if they dont win we all know the answer.

Wannabe2

Colezy77 said:
IF WE LOSE TONIGHT TO SUCH A WEAK TEAM THEN I THINK ITS TIME TO TAKE BIG CHANCES.if the devils get a comfortable win them maby just maby they will bounce back with a good run of wins.if they dont win we all know the answer.
We all move to Scotland.