G given a month

phildavies21 said:
phil PLT said:
BostonBart22 said:
bet mumbles cant even speak welsh. :RAWK
What the hell has that got to do with it? As a non-welsh speaker should I stop supporting the Devils :DWD
Bet Mac comes out from that dressing room and thinks to himself id score a hatrick today if only I could here a rendition of Sosban Fach!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #43
Like I said if our ambitions wasn't so high and we wasn't expected to win anything no one would complain!
The fact that G has said we will compete for trophies and we will try not to lose any home games doesn't help him at all!!

He shouldn't say he has signed the best goalie and players etc and then perform the way we have without repercussions!!

It's part of business and he has to deal with it!

Would u rather a coach like ferguson or a coach like wenger??
I know my answer.

James

Administrator
Zack Kassian said:
Like I said if our ambitions wasn't so high and we wasn't expected to win anything no one would complain!
The fact that G has said we will compete for trophies and we will try not to lose any home games doesn't help him at all!!

He shouldn't say he has signed the best goalie and players etc and then perform the way we have without repercussions!!

I know my answer.
You are aware we haven't had our starting nettie for most games, yes? Just checking.

Zack Kassian said:

I know my answer.

I am sure the Devils would prefer Wenger, doesn't spend loads of money see

Jones72

Can't argue with what was said, no.

It's a shame that such an emotive subject had to be first aired in a rag run by Media Wales (be that the Echo or Wales Online).

The statement should have been released by the club via the club website, and not left at the mercy of subjective journalism backed by ill-informed editorial decisions.

Let's be honest...they don't have a great record for accuracy (wrong game times, photos of the wrong named player, etc.).

Hopefully that lesson will have been learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

osh

Well, PR's statement certainly makes his thoughts very clear and answers a few questions for sure.

There still seems to be contradicting views on the live stream for games, but that's an IT problem that I'm sure can be resolved. We have got to accept that he does things his way and if that produces on ice results that's good enough for me, and I have certainly been amongst his critics in the past.

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #54
Well said!
I'm on his side for sure.
He is definately a ferguson not a wenger :)

James

Administrator
Firstly, I want to make clear that there is no ultimatum that we must be in 4th place by the end of October or Gerad will be dismissed. This is simply a benchmark that we highlighted with Gerad during our meeting Monday afternoon that needed to be our end of October focus to maintain being realistic about winning the League Championship.

Secondly, I reiterate, Brent Pope the professional ice hockey player is retired, and will not be the new Player Coach for the Cardiff Devils. Brent is the Cardiff Devils Managing Director and is responsible for leading our business in the right direction for the good of the Club. It isn’t his aspiration nor is it mine and I already have a Coaching Team in Gerad and Neil who I remain committed to, as I do all the players in our 2013/14 roster.

Thirdly, FACT - results have been poor for the past 12 months despite improving budgets. This is a well-invested team that I expect more from after last year’s poor season. No wins at home to date and a 7-0 defeat in Dundee is unacceptable in my book, and plans are in place to continue improvements upon a much better performance in Sheffield this past Sunday.

If fans wish to be critical of me and choose to ignore the business transformation of this club since taking ownership in 2010 I am forced to leave them to it. We are focused on continued progress and that starts with having a vision for being better and committing to being better. I believe in reporting facts and I expect to be judged by results, on and off the ice!

Fact, the business of the Cardiff Devils continues to improve, crowds and revenues are again up this year, which is a testament to the hard work and leadership of Brent Pope and the off-ice team. We continue to raise the bar with improving merchandise products via the cardiffdevils.com shop and despite some teething issues; our new match night team has been outstanding in their commitment to make better our product for our paying customers.

Unfortunately, there are those who enjoy criticizing our club like people do in any professional sports organization, the Cardiff Devils is no different. Our live stream has increased game on game from starting with 40 customers to now over 300 viewers per game after only 5 games broadcasted. We continue to source solutions in order to counter the issues faced by a lack of a fixed line internet connection available at the BBT. We are doing the right things for the right reasons, which is making our club better and a business capable of supporting the demands of a championship winning mentality. Fans are encouraged to support this income stream in addition to shopping on-line, as these are fundamental to improving our team on the ice even further this season.

It may be that some fans are content with not winning anything, finishing mid table and believing that there is some inbuilt “monkey-on-our-back” which makes it ok to accept the sympathy of “poor old Cardiff, coming up short again.” That mindset or approach is not for me fortunately and nor should it be from our fans if they truly care about what is good for their beloved Cardiff Devils.

Lets be clear, my role is not to be popular, but to bring success back to the club, and if that means making tough decisions to make us better, then I will.

For the record, I am satisfied we have made great strides in the Off-Ice Business, and this will continue to improve as we progress towards our new home.

However, I will be clear, the On-Ice performance must improve, and it’s time for Gerad and Neil to prove why they warrant so much faith from me and the fans that they can and will deliver.

Finally, what is important is that the club remains transparent. So here goes:

- Yes, I am unsatisfied with the start to our season
- Yes, I do expect a much better performance
- No, I do not want to make any coaching changes
- Yes, I will make coaching changes if results don’t improve considerably
- No, I will not be making Brent Pope Player Coach
- No, I will not sack the Coaching Staff if we are not in 4th Place come October 31st but we must be in a position to still compete for all Championships this season

I remain 100% committed to Gerad, Neil and the players, and with the support of our fans and improving performances, I hope we will be seeing Gerad and Neil take our club through a much needed and overdue successful season.

Our focus is now Belfast this Saturday and I wish them the very best of luck!

Paul Ragan

Good statement. It certainly blows out the water you dont have a good budget argument which is often trotted out.

Adams has to put in the results that match what the owner spends its as simple as that. No room for sentiment in sports.

voth26

Ive been critical of Ragan at times but this statement is crystal clear and honest, and not as dramatic as first reported!!, we all need to turn up on sunday and cheer and support the guys and hopefully the team will respond, play well and get the win.