G given a month

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #1
Seems Ragan has noticed what fans have been saying??
Good luck to G and I hope we turn the poor form around!!

Kipper

Nothing like getting the backing of management when you have had to start the season without a starting net minder. Bizarre time to get the ultimatum just as the goalie regains fitness

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #4
Stated in echo mate!
Ragan wants as many fans to turn up every week as we all know it's a business thing with him.

No one is going to turn up if we are losing all the time??

voth26

Zack Kassian said:
Stated in echo mate!
Ragan wants as many fans to turn up every week as we all know it's a business thing with him.

DO you ever post anything remotely positive sounding? We all know results havent been brilliant but hopefully with a fit starting nettie things will turn around but if pope takes over then the five of us that support the team will be no more so maybe people should be careful what they wish for.

I wont attend either, I will not go to a devils game if pope is in charge. My reasoning is that I believe he's been after it for years using tactics that are not sportsmanlike.

What absolute crap, alright results aren't great. is sacking your coach midway through a season going to help that? hell no.
If come the end of the season we finish in a substandard position then maybe start a fresh. but to do it now would be madness.
I really hope things turn around for G, players that have played for him seem to have nothing but great things to say about him. that speaks volumes to me.

Skippy

Earnie said:
Surely no one should take notice of the rubbish on the forum?
Free market research no one would look at that right ?

If they don't have the odd look I'd be surprised.

Surely you'd want to know.

We have just got our starting net minder back, public ultimatum ........ Was that the right thing to do, personally I think not.

Shame we can't give a public ultimatum to the off ice product....... It's pants and destroys the atmosphere especially when we are trying to get the team fired up and keep them going through tough times. It's the whole package, let G worry about the team and perhaps ragan and pope should focus on the off ice sh!t.

Finny

If G has been told he has a month to get into the top 4 else he will be sacked, then that is utter madness.

However, the quotes in the article don't seem to say anything so specific. A case of poor sensationalism journalism from the Echo?

Tyke Devil

Finny said:
If G has been told he has a month to get into the top 4 else he will be sacked, then that is utter madness.

However, the quotes in the article don't seem to say anything so specific. A case of poor sensationalism journalism from the Echo?
If G has been told that then the whole organisation needs to take a long hard look at themself. Utter madness if that has been said to G.

Don't think Adams comes out of the article particularly well either. It is one thing to have confidence in his abililty but you have to win things to back it up. If he is looking for improvement, maybe he needs to have a bit of a look in the mirror.

Wannabe2

Only 2 teams out of 10 have had a good start to the season, 1 of them won the whole shabang last season, and the other 1 is a surprise to everyone, jesus steelers with there budget are ready to commit hari kari, but are sticking with there average coach. We have had to deal with injuries and suspensions and guess what its the coaches fault, then he starts to turn things around with a great win in sheffield and is told you have a month mate, and just to turn the screw tighter its made public knowledge how professional is that, great bit of moral building for the on ice team not. 9 other clubs are rubbing there hands with glee at the moment wonder why. There aint a coach in this league I would take over G and thats fact, so far we have lost at home to the 3 teams who are expectd to finish above us, and one bad loss to a clan team and thats without our top nettie, come on talk about a witch hunt give me a break. My trust is 1000% behind G and Franny, its going to get a lot better I really believe that as long as people get on with there jobs and leave others to get on with theres.

Wannabe2

J.B said:
Don't think Adams comes out of the article particularly well either. It is one thing to have confidence in his abililty but you have to win things to back it up. If he is looking for improvement, maybe he needs to have a bit of a look in the mirror.
Soderstrom will be gone next season then

drainage

Finny said:

Makes us look totally stupid and whoever sanctioned that article needs a chat with themselves .....beyond stupid thing to do

Zack Kassian said:
Stated in echo mate!

Well if ragan does read this then. Paul the simple reason that you have lost my following & the 7 mates (in person) that attended week in and week out is because of the ludacris ticket prices. I have faith that G can be the coach to allow us to succeed and yep we aint had a great start. But I don't think the results on ice are why nobody's attending.

voth26

Regan may be a business man but he has no idea about man management and seemingly no idea about business or employee/employer eithics!!! I understand its his money but for me he has just heaped a whole pile of crap on to G's already pressured shoulders, surely the better way would have been to agree with G a more realistic improvement eg moving from say 8th to 4th and then review it

voth26 said:
Regan may be a business man but he has no idea about man management and seemingly no idea about business or employee/employer eithics!!! I understand its his money but for me he has just heaped a whole pile of crap on to G's already pressured shoulders, surely the better way would have been to agree with G a more realistic improvement eg moving from say 8th to 4th and then review it
What he said

DevilDom

Finny said:
That would be my take on it. When you actually read the article its not quite as sensationalist as the headline.

We have played 3 competitive games with our starting netminder and won 2 out of those 3.

G being told that anything less than top 4 is not acceptable is fine by me, however this should be judged at the end of the season and not after 3 weeks or even 3 months. Just a thought though, what happens if we finish 5th or lower and win a cup?