Fournier Released

jenks33

What’s he done then? To be honest he always seemed like the type of character that could do something silly off the ice.

James

Administrator
Rumour last night he wasn't happy with wearing the pride shirt. I have no idea if there's any truth at all to it and would like to think it wasn't the case. You hear lots of rumours at the rink. It would fairly constitute a breach of contract if he refused to play though.

Eynonz

I've seen one rumour that he refused to wear the pride night jersey.

Now this is pure twitter speculation so could most likely be absolute nonsense.

BostonBart22

Rumour last night he wasn't happy with wearing the pride shirt. I have no idea if there's any truth at all to it and would like to think it wasn't the case. You hear lots of rumours at the rink. It would fairly constitute a breach of contract if he refused to play though.
Refused to play , I agree, as for refusing to wear the shirt that shouldn't come into it...his choice and the club should respect that.

Kevlar68

They never usually release the actual reason it's always "Thanks for his contribution but its time to move on" and then we're left with the same old rumour mill of "I've been told that......." and "A friend of a friend said....", ah well.
£500 for Fournier jersey last night and gone today, keep an eye on Ebay ;)

Refused to play , I agree, as for refusing to wear the shirt that shouldn't come into it...his choice and the club should respect that.
I particularly enjoyed the three year stint in which Richardson wore a Hawaiian shirt and cowboy hat. Adds a bit of colour to the kit.

BostonBart22

If he didn't want to then why join a club that is noted for its commitment to Pride? Doesn't make sense, I really hope that is not the reason as I enjoyed watching him play
Shame about the outcome, no doubt the result would've been different if he was allowed to play last night, was bound to affect the players .

Pope#42

Such a shame as he has changed things up since arriving in Cardiff and he certainly was entertaining to watch. There will be a lot of speculation but we may never find out what has happened.

I can see another EIHL team picking him up and any team will be lucky to have him. Wishing him all the best for the future.