Fournier Released

august04 2.0

Explains why we reverted to type last night at least. After the addition of Fournier, we appeared to get more nasty and play with an edge. Back to the previous tosh now then….and God help our power play! Endless passing (with no-one in front of the net), for Brodie Reid to shoot and miss, fantastic! Incoming interview with Kelman tomorrow anyone? Wonder if he'll still us tell there’s no-one available in the transfer market? Everyone seems to fall for that one.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Such a shame as he has changed things up since arriving in Cardiff and he certainly was entertaining to watch. There will be a lot of speculation but we may never find out what has happened.

I can see another EIHL team picking him up and any team will be lucky to have him. Wishing him all the best for the future.
He almost joined Panthers last season, I can see that happening now.

E.D.S.

Just got to trust the management here. Not very often they talk of breach of contract. Like someone said it’s usually thank them for their time and wish them well. I don’t think even Kurka got a breach of contract mention.

They never usually release the actual reason it's always "Thanks for his contribution but its time to move on" and then we're left with the same old rumour mill of "I've been told that......." and "A friend of a friend said....", ah well.
£500 for Fournier jersey last night and gone today, keep an eye on Ebay ;)
So that would be me who bought the jersey last night and obviously I wouldn’t have paid the amount, if I had known he was going today. However I’m not going to sell this lovely pride jersey, as it love them all and collected them all over the years. I only hope I can get it signed before where ever he goes.

matbur

Anyone 'itk' actually care to share what they believe happened? Club can't really go into details as employers but we can discuss within reason.

Devils86

For me it implies one of two things: refusal to play; or inability to play.

He was listed on the 4th line on the game sheet so if anything happened at Blaze then I'd suggest he wouldn't have been included at all.

If he told the org that he wouldn't play in a Pride jersey they could have told him to play or else be in breach of contract, list him in the team and put the ball in his court. Naming him on the game sheet helps evidence that he would have played.

If he turned up to the arena and couldn't play because he wasn't in a fit state then the org wouldn't have known about that prior to putting in the game sheet (in theory?) - to be clear there's no evidence to support that, just wild speculation.

If the Org knew before the game then putting him on the game sheet may have been an attempt to pass it off as an injury until Pride night was over. You don't want the news breaking and ruining or distracting from Pride night. Even more so if it's for not wanting to play in Pride night!

Again, if they didn't want to draw attention to the fact he was being let go the next day they would carry on and auction his jersey off. Don't want to put a downer on the evening, bids and drinks.

But today you'd contact the winner and offer a refund. No legal reason to do so, definitely a moral or PR reason to do so.

Whether winner wants to keep the jersey is different matter - but would presume they wouldn't want it and it would be filed next to the Parisi jersey

Diablo3

So that would be me who bought the jersey last night and obviously I wouldn’t have paid the amount, if I had known he was going today. However I’m not going to sell this lovely pride jersey, as it love them all and collected them all over the years. I only hope I can get it signed before where ever he goes.
Just wait til he comes back with the Panthers;)

Wannabe2

Nah that ain't it. If the rumour is correct it was a very serious incident.

Tbh the club would have known yesterday he'd played his last game & probably shouldn't have auctioned his jersey in my view. Not fair on who bought it.
Spot on, A ,the club should refund whoever bought that shirt, and maybe they already have, and B he has been released thru breach of contract, no other club surely would want to sign a player released because of that.Myself losing Fournier is a shock but no big deal, he ain’t our toughest player, he certainly wasn’t our best player, he was a fruitcake who the fans liked he was a character that this league lack, hopefully now that he has gone, and his wage couldn’t have been small and with 9 days still to deadline signing day, we can bring in a tidy D MAN. We are still in the mix so who knows.

Devils86

I'd ask for a replica/blood as a replacement - signed by the team...

Personally.