Final Squad Predictions

osh

Boom Boom said:
With Zach announced as leaving and now requiring an extra euro player could the rumours of Jeffery Szwez be correct.

So;

Jeffery Szwez (euro)
Sean Bentivoglio (euro)
Jeff Ulmer
Big power forward

All the above players are forwards, we need a defencemen don't forget.

Devil_Abroad

osh said:
Boom Boom said:
With Zach announced as leaving and now requiring an extra euro player could the rumours of Jeffery Szwez be correct.

So;

Jeffery Szwez (euro)
Sean Bentivoglio (euro)
Jeff Ulmer
Big power forward

All the above players are forwards, we need a defencemen don't forget.
Definitely Bentivoglio and Ulmer. Don't think Swez as we still had Hervato until this week. So another D and an F - one of which holds a Euro passport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Pure guesswork: Lines not in any order - they all serve different purposes

Asselin-Bentivoglio-Power Forward
Lord-Martin-Morrisette
Haddad-Myers-Doucet
Jones-Culligan-Big Forward

A Hotham-Richardson
S Hotham-Big D Man
Fournier-Batch
Buglass (2 way)

Bowns
Murdy

Wow!

Devil_Abroad

I'd go;

Lord Martin Morrisette
Asselin Bentivoglio Doucet
Power Forward Myers Power Forward
Haddad Culligan Jones/Pigott

Same D

Yowzer! I think we're going to compete with this line up!

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Pure guesswork: Lines not in any order - they all serve different purposes

Asselin-Bentivoglio-Power Forward
Lord-Martin-Morrisette
Haddad-Myers-Doucet

A Hotham-Richardson
S Hotham-Big D Man
Fournier-Batch
Buglass (2 way)

Bowns
Murdy

Wow!
Or even....

Bentivoglio-Martin-Power Forward
Asselin-Lord-Morrisette
Haddad-Myers-Doucet

Any combo look great so far - as long as they are balanced - and still 2 more forwards to sign.

matbur

Devil_Abroad said:
I'd go;

Lord Martin Morrisette
Asselin Bentivoglio Doucet
Power Forward Myers Power Forward
Haddad Culligan Jones/Pigott

Same D

Yowzer! I think we're going to compete with this line up!

Really like this, so much scoring potential on that top six. :cool:

Ocko

My take:

Betivoglio Martin Ulmer
Haddad Asselin Doucet
Lord Culligan Morisette
tough guy Myers Jones

I think you'll see Myers and Jones together as both are good forcecheckers with a tough guy for back up giving us an energy line and also a good pairing on the PK.
Also think you'll see a real 3rd line of role players, decent offensively but made for a defensive game.
Top 6 could fit in any combination but I think we'll see Martin with Bentovoglio; if they click it'll rain goals.

wildthing74

I wouldn't want to see us revert back to that Lord Martin Mo line. Martin has outgrown that line now and if we are serious about winning the league I would like to see Martin on a line with a goal scorer and Mo/Lord potentially as low as the third line.

Hopefully Lordo can start to lessen his role on the ice to have more input on the bench.I would hope Myers is higher than fourth line I see him making a huge contribution and would pair him with Haddad on the third potentially with Culli.

Or this might work for the forwards

Bentivoglio Martin Ulmer
Asselin Lord Doucet
Haddad Culligan Mo
Jones Myers tough guy
Piggott

Seems well balanced and gives the option of Lord and Myers switching at times if Lord wants or feels he can take a step back and doesn't have to produce numbers later in the year.

Devil94

Maybe the Ulmer situation has changed now Hervato has left? If he signs we have one forward and one d-man to sign, and we are hoping that those two will be big bodies, one of which who can drop the gloves. Hard to find those type of players anyway, especially ones with EU passport.

Wannabe2

I think we will sign two tough guys, one a power forward and one a D Man, I also think the toughest guy will be announced last, and think it will be a known name that will have us all aghast. That's just my gut feeling and nothing that I know about. The new signings so far have been pure class, like our Management, and I don't believe the remaining signings will be mediocre. It really does freak you out to have owners that really want to take our club back to former glories, and these guys I believe will do just that, look out KHL, the Welsh/ Canadian mafia are gunning for you and our domestic silverware.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Get your tongue out of there bum mate!!
Nottingham and Sheffield owners have been pumping money in to there club for years.
We have just been unfortunate under Regan that all.
Look out khl? Ok.

Wannabe2

They have been pumping money in as its a lucrative business for them, as for the tongue business be careful what you insinuate pal. Passion is one thing Rudeness is another, be careful.

IfJeff Ulmer doesn't work out, how about Layne Ulmer, no relation but had been at Asiago with Sean Bentifoglio for a number of years and looks to be leaving.

Wannabe2

Rabbitohs4 said:
Get your tongue out of there bum isn't a personal insult far from it.

Just saying.
To me it is, your comment is directed at me, that's a personal attack. I repeat what I have already said,

KaneDevils

Wannabe2 said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
Get your tongue out of there bum isn't a personal insult far from it.

Just saying.
To me it is, your comment is directed at me, that's a personal attack. I repeat what I have already said,
Agreed, but must you continually comment on how good the management are? It has become extremely tedious. Passion is one thing, repetitive patronising is another. Try to relax. :oops:

Thank you Kane Devils. He mentions the management every week.
They are here to do a job and we appreciate it but no need to go on about them all the time.

They do exactly what every other management do!