Final Squad Predictions

wildthing74

To be honest those 2 guys opinions on players are probably 2 of the least I respect.Not 1 pro game between them but being mates with Thommo seems to make them both experts.

ASHIPP

jenks33 said:
I think this signing could go either way. I know you could say this about every new signing but I think Brine more than most. I think we'll either be praising him for his work ethic/penalty killing/face offs or like simms says he could be gone by Christmas ( yes I appreciate simms is an idiot).
According to Craig Summerton on twitter (Who followed Aalborg when Thommo was there) he heard that Thommo didn't feel he was a great fit in the dressing room and a bit of a plodder on the Ice. Another thing that concerns me slightly is the devils will be his 6th club since 2014.
Having said all this I personally feel he will be a success. Lordo did play with him briefly in Rochester and Lordo strikes me as the type that wouldn't go there if he felt Brine could be a plodder or negative in the dressing room. He might have just though Thommo was a fool, he wouldn't be the first :)
Many harmless reasons why players end up in different clubs.Simms will have come to the wrong conclusions and taken Thompson's word without personally knowing circumstances or the fact that other coaches and clubs do talk to people who have previously worked with players. He doesn't even know the player! What a tool Simms is....remind me which current Steelers' player is the one with the controversial history at a Danish club again? Looks like Simmsey has forgotten all about it. ;)

Devil_Abroad

I'd prefer to go with Lord/Francis/Kelman - they've done their research and know what type of character as well as player they want - though having not had much time to find him they wouldn't take a big punt. I tend to believe Brine will do a Russell type job - and he's a bigger body in front of the net as well. Todd is probably laughing again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil94

The reason his German team let him go was that their German net minder got injured, so they needed to bring an import nm in, meaning they were over their budget and import limit. They had to let a high earning import to go. He was going nearly at a point a game, which is good going for a defensive forward in that league.
And that team was the club Lordo played for two years earlier, with the same coach and captain that Brine played for. I'm sure he still had contacts there to reference.
I'm not worried.

Devil_Abroad

Devil94 said:
The reason his German team let him go was that their German net minder got injured, so they needed to bring an import nm in, meaning they were over their budget and import limit. They had to let a high earning import to go. He was going nearly at a point a game, which is good going for a defensive forward in that league.
And that team was the club Lordo played for two years earlier, with the same coach and captain that Brine played for. I'm sure he still had contacts there to reference.
I'm not worried.
another good positive post - now just to sort out the lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finny

Until he played for Thommo, Brine had never left a club mid-season other than for being called up to AHL or NHL.

Obviously it has to be Brine's fault as its not like Thommo has a history of chopping and changing his team or blaming everyone but himself for a team's poor form......