Elite League Discipline from Devil V Blaze

drainage

cupcake said:
These bans only refer to the match penalties that were awarded on the night.

The bottom of the report states:

The Elite League are also finalising their investigations into off-ice incidents which took place after the game and will issue a further statement in due course.

I would imagine this could lead to more suspensions - (and probably should)
Thats the bit I spotted - mind now makes me think it will be against us not them.

I AM FURIOUS

How do the league expect to encourage people to watch and play hockey when the lunatics in charge make it so hard to....... I knew we would get bans but for them not only not get anything but have Olsons removed screams corrupt to me

Can I sue them for me buying a ST and them making sure I dont get to see what I paid for ??????

Skippy

Finny said:
I've not heard anything about this?

I did see on one of the videos though a lot of stewards running behind the bench to the Coventry block. Did something happen there?
I've only heard second hand but some abuse and someone apparently had a pint of something thrown over then.

skippy said:
Just spotted this tacked on the end of the announcment

The Elite League are also finalising their investigations into off-ice incidents which took place after the game and will issue a further statement in due course.
Would this be relatining to the abuse given to the Stewards by the Blaze fans ?

Or more condemnation for Devils ?
Hopefully both. Been to the blue tent before. There's more then just some colourful language being thrown around at that rink.

Think Deeds and Danton have a lot to answer for this season. The Blaze v Devil games have always been heated, but they've wound the fans up a lot this season and it's reached a new and much uglier level. Hope it stops soon. I usually have such a good laugh with Devil fans..

DWD

For those mentioning the Olson v Fan incident. Re-read the ruling.

DWD said:

We have reviewed the incident with Benn Olson and the supporter when leaving the ice and it shows Olson acted in self-defence, so have wiped this penalty from his records.

“The area where the fan confronted Olson is out of bounds to the public and the supporter had no right to be there.

DWD said:

Match ban for Olson already overturned for this incident it will only relate to club officials not controlling the fan "for him being somewhere he shouldn't have been".

Only more trouble for club not players

Gazza272

DWD said:

I think that part is only there to suggest they are going to fine us as a club for not controlling our fans.

DWD

Gazza272 said:
DWD said:

I think that part is only there to suggest they are going to fine us as a club for not controlling our fans.
Fair enough. My bad.

KaneDevils

MK18 - his beyond a joke now, the league are making it look like fighting a coach and fan is perfectly fine now! How does Olson come away with nothing but a match penalty being erased from his record?
This is what winds me up in particular. You can attack a Bench coach AND a spectator, and not receive any punishment. That is seriously shocking :!: :!: Justin Sawyer got into a fight (I believe) during a night out and was released/deported? Olson attacks and fights a fan, nothing? Total shambles.
They even have the audacity to remove his initial punishment of a match :?:
Which do I do, laugh or cry?

The league set up is seriously dodgy if you ask me. There's more than enough proof !!!!!
roll on next season because I'm done with this one. :cry:

The bans for Deeds and Max are fully what I expected as harsh as they may seem, Olson despite his antics, having his ban rescinded I agree with too - The fan was lucky Olson didnt smash him in all honesty I applaud him for not! I didn't see the incident with Max to comment on that. What I'm suprised with is Egener getting off scott free (so far anyways).

Is it just coincidence but the last game of maxi's ban is against.....the chavs. Only surprise is it wasn't 9 games as we play the squealers next after that!

Think Deeds and Franny were dealt with harshly to be honest, but was expecting something hefty for Max. What I don't understand though is how back in September Max's check to the head penalty carried an automatic 3 match ban, but now what appears to be the same penalty carries an automatic 5 match ban - how are they different?

Loving the idea of going to Nottingham for playoffs but not buying a ticket!

mariposa said:
What I don't understand though is how back in September Max's check to the head penalty carried an automatic 3 match ban, but now what appears to be the same penalty carries an automatic 5 match ban - how are they different?
Max's 3 game ban was for checking to the head, this was for the different and it seems more severe penalty of cross checking to the head (i.e., hitting him in the head with his stick)

august04 said:
I couldn't care less about league positions now. We made an error in not recruiting a bigger deterrent to guys like Olson at the start of the season. Didiomete is a good, game middleweight but nobody would have dared attacked one of our star players in our barn in the days of Ware, McWilliam and even Voth, without fear of major retribution. The likes of Birbraer shouldn't have to take things in their own hands against opposition tough guys. It's time to rectify that now and sign the meanest, toughest guy we can (even a meathead from the NHL for a couple of months) and re-pay Olsen on the 25th November (and anyone else who wants to take liberties with us). With this announcement, the EIHL have inflamed passions for that night, I'm sure.
I like this plan!!

We are disappointed by the @officialEIHL decision & are seeking clarification regarding the balance & fairness of the suspensions. -- Cardiff Devils (@cardiffdevils)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DevilDom

danhall76 said:
We are disappointed by the @officialEIHL decision & are seeking clarification regarding the balance & fairness of the suspensions. -- Cardiff Devils (@cardiffdevils)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Roughly translated - we are getting the lube out and are preparing to bend over and take it again.

Looks to me that what the discipline committee has done is try and look at instigation, the alledged Olson hit on Birbraer wasn't called so has been discounted. Players who have returned to the ice, and in Devin's case lashed out at Hirsch as he skated past should simply know better, particularly as Birbraer is already marked. Coaches shouldn't be seen to be ring leaders as Francis was, so the result is a shed load of bans for the Devils and nowt for Blaze. The whole atmosphere at Devils v Blaze games has been toxic this year, in part down to the whole Danton v Didiomete thing, Danton isn't in the UK so the EIHL can't touch him, Didiomete is and unless he wises up about his tweeting and his blog he's going to come a cropper. The statement in his last blog about there being a bad atmosphere at Devils v Blaze games for some reason was either irony beyoun irony or plain stupid, trash talk amongs players is fine, attacking fans for their size, looks, medical problems is puerile. The signal is clear, just like it was after the Panthers v Blaze bench clearance when the instigator - Cruickshank - got a ban, if, in the eyes of the EIHL, you start it or act stupidly to inflame a situation, then you're in trouble