Elite League Discipline from Devil V Blaze

Skippy

Gazza272 said:
TO be honest our bans are fair.

Coventry to get away with nothing though? Scandalous!
Yeah thats about right, I think the Bans our guys got were fair, apart from Franny which seems a bit over the top.

The Blaze getting nothing is crazy

Trouble with this though, is aren't we going to making Cardiff devils even worse off! Maybe playoffs, but as you said, every team needs to be in on it
And that's why I made my point in reference to the point made by Panthers Dave who had said that there are are teams fans in disbelief that Blaze players got away with nothing.

If there are other fans at other clubs who are of the same opinion perhaps it is time to put team alligiances aside and get together to get a game leadership that is better run.

Absolute distance!!!! Honestly thinking about jacking it all in, season ticket or not!

I can deal with the bans but for Coventry to have nothing and even a match rescinded is a joke.

EIHL - joke of a league

Although we've suffered some travesties in the past this really tops the lot.

I agree enough is enough. While I'll continue to support the team at home and away when possible, I think we should hit the elite league where it hurts by boycotting the playoffs. I don't mean miss out on a weekend away, but not buy tickets and stand outside - it will be just like bnl days!

I estimate we put at least £50k in the elite leagues pocket, so maybe they'll start to take notice of who pays them.

Martynwo said:
Clearly the league would be better off without us, so let them stuff the "Elite"
and move down to a more finantially stable and enjoyable league without all the politics and self egos.

How can it be a transparent committe with owners sitting on it.
It has to be an independant committee open to allegations of hidden agendas.

Off for a cofffee to chill

+1

It won t happen though because the ice time deal for the new arena states 'Cardiff Devils team playing in the British Elite League get free ice time for matches and training'

august04

I couldn't care less about league positions now. We made an error in not recruiting a bigger deterrent to guys like Olson at the start of the season. Didiomete is a good, game middleweight but nobody would have dared attacked one of our star players in our barn in the days of Ware, McWilliam and even Voth, without fear of major retribution. The likes of Birbraer shouldn't have to take things in their own hands against opposition tough guys. It's time to rectify that now and sign the meanest, toughest guy we can (even a meathead from the NHL for a couple of months) and re-pay Olsen on the 25th November (and anyone else who wants to take liberties with us). With this announcement, the EIHL have inflamed passions for that night, I'm sure.

DevilDom

elite farce said:

I agree enough is enough. While I'll continue to support the team at home and away when possible, I think we should hit the elite league where it hurts by boycotting the playoffs. I don't mean miss out on a weekend away, but not buy tickets and stand outside - it will be just like bnl days!

I estimate we put at least £50k in the elite leagues pocket, so maybe they'll start to take notice of who pays them.
I like this idea.

StevenBletsoe said:
Ingramator said:
StevenBletsoe said:
Well the only things that fans can do is to actually get off our arses and do something about it. Not just sit on forums bitching about it.

Be a catalyst for change and not accept this dross. If we all want a better game it seems to be up to us lot to engineer it
And how do we do that?
Extreme I know but there is no game without the fans. Remove the revenue streams for the League. Don't attend play offs, don't pay any money into the League coffers. Put pressure on the clubs to action change.

But this can only be done in numbers and not indivdually.
Remove or tape over elite league branding on shirts etc, stop publicizing these morons, Stop watching Simmseys Sky show, stop visiting Sky Websites or pages related to hockey on sky sites.

This league is run in Sheffield and Nottingham and unless the other owners have the balls to leave nothing will change. Then Sheffield and Nottingham could play each other week in week out ad infinitum, which is what they would have been doing if Devils and Blaze hadn't left the BNL causing its eventual demise

elite farce said:

I vote for staying in the pub, with a little bit of standing outside

These bans only refer to the match penalties that were awarded on the night.

The bottom of the report states:

The Elite League are also finalising their investigations into off-ice incidents which took place after the game and will issue a further statement in due course.

I would imagine this could lead to more suspensions - (and probably should)

Martynwo said:
Clearly the league would be better off without us, so let them stuff the "Elite"
and move down to a more finantially stable and enjoyable league without all the politics and self egos.

How can it be a transparent committe with owners sitting on it.
It has to be an independant committee open to allegations of hidden agendas.

Off for a cofffee to chill

And how would our ownership fit in to that ? :lol:

So what do we think the official statement from the Devil's will be??

I really hope that for once they actually come out and say how bad the lack of punishment for the Blaze is. I'm actually fed up of the way we seem to roll over and take it. Lets face it, the league already hate us so what damage is saying it how it is going to do?

One last thing...... why the hell was Dave Simms allowed to be stood where he was at the time??? The game was nothing to do with him - he could of watched from any other place in the rink. Why the hell was he allowed to be in a 'restricted area'???? I feel his biased and quite clearly wrong account of the Olson-fan incident has really affected things. He had no right to be there in the first place.

cupcake said:

The Elite League are also finalising their investigations into off-ice incidents which took place after the game and will issue a further statement in due course.

Just a footnote, Olsen won't hear any more about it

gandl said:
So what do we think the official statement from the Devil's will be??

I really hope that for once they actually come out and say how bad the lack of punishment for the Blaze is. I'm actually fed up of the way we seem to roll over and take it. Lets face it, the league already hate us so what damage is saying it how it is going to do?

One last thing...... why the hell was Dave Simms allowed to be stood where he was at the time??? The game was nothing to do with him - he could of watched from any other place in the rink. Why the hell was he allowed to be in a 'restricted area'???? I feel his biased and quite clearly wrong account of the Olson-fan incident has really affected things. He had no right to be there in the first place.
Josh Batch has already said this on Twitter, so it is obviously the feeling of players

jodysstillagirlsname said:
cupcake said:

Just a footnote, Olsen won't hear any more about it
Guidice for obscene gestures?
Egener for fighting with Francis?

Olson may not hear anything else but there are still unresolved issues that weren't addressed with match penalties on the night.

Skippy

Just spotted this tacked on the end of the announcment

Would this be relating to the abuse given to the Stewards by the Blaze fans ?

Or more condemnation for Devils ?

Mooney#16

And this is why at the time of Kirkhams continued appointment being announced I tweeted EIHL to ask for player representation on the committee also. If left to the officials they simply administer what they see fit in accordance with guidelines. No interpretation used hence they always come to such bizarre decisions. Kirkham is a robot of the rule book. He has no interpretive ability. Sorry but you give Max five for a cross check to the head due to the possibility of it causing injury. The cross check on Max's back can just as easily cause an injury to a guys back or neck with a whiplash injury. It's a sucker move just the same as a sucker punch which as we know carries a five game tariff. Olson should have been assessed a match for cross checking with an upgrade to five games. Then I think everyone could have potentially stomached the outcome.

Afraid the committee need to stop hiding behind the rule book and actually administer supplemental discipline across the board not just the easiest and most easily justifiable way for them.

Finny

cupcake said:

They're saving those for Voth.

Finny

skippy said:
Would this be relating to the abuse given to the Stewards by the Blaze fans ?
I've not heard anything about this?

I did see on one of the videos though a lot of stewards running behind the bench to the Coventry block. Did something happen there?