Devils Vs Storm - League - 9th March 23 - 19:30 FO

BostonBart22

As of time of writing there is not even a report of the game on devils website, says it all really, and benching waller for 2 periods is madness, if it wasn't for the greatest player ever to wear a devils shirt in HOTHAM, I would not be turning up for the blaze game and rather stay home in the warm watching the rugby with a few sherberts, anyone know who mom was, as there is no report, I would give it to penny , oh and I still got flashbacks of coughler getting punched to the face around 6 or 7 time on the boards and not 1 player took Retribution, in the 90s retro there would have been close to a line brawl.

jimmy snels

Didn't bother going because I knew it was going to be the same crap I've seen all season, so I watched the footy instead from my warm house. It's just not an attractive Thursday night out to be honest. If they stick with this coaching and this team then don't expect anything different. Thompson Crawford sanford Waller Brandt duggan justify staying. The rest? Living on past glories or simply not good enough imho

moggy#9

The team turning up in 80s tracksuits, Kozun wearing a wig on the ice etc doesn’t look so great when you lose 1-2 to Manchester at home…
They looked like clowns and played like it. They seemed to have spent more time considering their outfits than their tactics.

moggy#9

The team had a run of form late last season and Dupont carried it through the playoffs. I don't think the current malaise is entirely his fault- clearly a bunch of the early season signings haven't performed upto expectations and the mid-late season signings just haven't matched what our rival teams have brought in.
That seems overly positive. It was evident that teams had figured Reid out by the middle of last season, and DuPont's systems at the end of last season where the ones he inherited from skalde. Now I know we suffered two big injuries, but other teams in such circumstances filled the gaps. The only true impact signing we made was Fournier and he was fired for rather vague reasons.

That seems overly positive. It was evident that teams had figured Reid out by the middle of last season, and DuPont's systems at the end of last season where the ones he inherited from skalde. Now I know we suffered two big injuries, but other teams in such circumstances filled the gaps. The only true impact signing we made was Fournier and he was fired for rather vague reasons.
You need to read earlier in the thread. The reason for his dismissal is pretty widely known and justified.

moggy#9

W
You need to read earlier in the thread. The reason for his dismissal is pretty widely known and justified.
Well if the suggestion on this thread (and it's the first time I've heard that one) is correct, then I'll agree - getting rid was appropriate. Is there more confidence than the other rumours though? What is unbelievable is the fact that we didn't get a similar replacement or at least adjust our tactics to compensate.

W

Well if the suggestion on this thread (and it's the first time I've heard that one) is correct, then I'll agree - getting rid was appropriate. Is there more confidence than the other rumours though? What is unbelievable is the fact that we didn't get a similar replacement or at least adjust our tactics to compensate.
The owners allegedly said last night it involved him being arrested. I wasn't at that part of the Q&A but I'd argue that's concrete evidence enough.

Wannabe2

Good to see the team pulling together when one of their own gets levelled, so good to see our Muskateer attitude last night, all for one, and one for all, after Coughler who has only just come back from Concussion gets levelled, and again when the going gets tough, everyone buggers off, it’s a bloody disgrace. This ain’t a team it’s 19 players pretending to be one.

Pembo

Good to see the team pulling together when one of their own gets levelled, so good to see our Muskateer attitude last night, all for one, and one for all, after Coughler who has only just come back from Concussion gets levelled, and again when the going gets tough, everyone buggers off, it’s a bloody disgrace. This ain’t a team it’s 19 players pretending to be one.
I was surprised that there wasn’t a reaction to that although same thing last time with Bowns being taken out. I think other teams seem more comfortable making dirty plays when we don’t have an obvious enforcer as no fear of payback. Was a shame because it was around that time that the game started getting away from us. Seems to have been uptick in dirty hits since Big Lou out. That said in fairness there was a reaction and a melee when Crawford got cheap shotted which was encouraging. May be another area to think about next season when recruiting?

I have to be honest I kept my eye on Carter once he came out of the box early in the 3rd, as I thought someone was going to go straight for him. Must be nice to know you can take liberties at certain points with zero come back.

Rempel16

I have to be honest I kept my eye on Carter once he came out of the box early in the 3rd, as I thought someone was going to go straight for him. Must be nice to know you can take liberties at certain points with zero come back.
Ekman-Larsson was the guy that made the hit on Coughler. When it all kicked off (ish) and Carter punched Crawford, Ekman-Larsson was on the ice watching the melee from afar. It was a perfect opportunity for someone else on the ice to make a beeline for him... But nope, there's no fight in this team at all.

Swarley

Ekman-Larsson was the guy that made the hit on Coughler. When it all kicked off (ish) and Carter punched Crawford, Ekman-Larsson was on the ice watching the melee from afar. It was a perfect opportunity for someone else on the ice to make a beeline for him... But nope, there's no fight in this team at all.
There is fight in this team, its just he was up in the gantry to make way for the new small guy, fans are getting more and more angry and fed up with the lack of big physical hockey.

august04 2.0

It was more than positive. Compared him to Lord not winning initially and basically said ‘he’s our guy’
Brian Parker got that wrong too. He said Lord didn’t win anything in his first year as coach, when in fact he won the CC in 2014/15, and in my opinion, could well have won the league that year too if the players hadn’t gone on such a bender after the CC final in Sheffield. Oh and that team played some of the best hockey I’ve ever seen in watching the Devils since 86. You can’t compare Lord v DuPont using that first year as an example, the teams are miles apart, as are the abilities of those two coaches.

august04 2.0

Brittain was first on the ice at the change after that hit - skated straight past Ekman-Larsson, not so much as a glance or a harsh word, never mind anything else! I couldn’t believe it!!!