Devils Vs Storm - League - 9th March 23 - 19:30 FO

Swarley

Someone needs to teach the team the Heimlich because it's getting boring watching us choke at home games, the fact Louis yet again benched while Reid continues to get ice time when he's not produced anywhere near his best this season is frustrating beyond belief.

If the owners are really happy with the team and the way they're being coached they must really love the idea of silverware being kept in Belfast for the long haul because that's exactly what's gonna happen if they stick with what they have signed right now.

moggy#9

We'd have been better off keeping skalde. At least he could run a powerplay.

Murphy commented tonight that it was like the Manchester goalie knew what was coming on our pp. He bloody well did, because it's the same every time and we don't have anyone writing 6 feet of the net.

Ejercito Rojas

As has been said many times already this team has no character, no resilience and very little fight.
I have seen NO EVIDENCE of DuPont being a winner and how do you ’tweak’ a team with so many flaws if you want to win a league title?
I will wait until the team has been signed before I make a decision on renewing my ST but if it’s a ‘tweak’ then
forget it, there’s plenty more enjoyable ways to spend a Saturday evening!

And as for a Q&A, that’s just words I’m afraid. Well past the time for words, only interested in actions now!

Last edited:

AJ73

The worrying thing for me, is in a sports team if one or two players are off form and have lost confidence you can take that as a one off. At least half the team have been off form and that can only be systemic from coaching and management.

Hedd Wyn John

There must big questions to the Management about this team now. We keep hearing to trust the players & coach and things will work out. However there's been no real improvement. We get a short run of form followed by poor performance here, poor performance there & a dire PP. I can't really see any silver lining here. We might at a push finish 2nd in the league above last year but without a functioning powerplay we won't be winning the play-offs.

Hedd Wyn John

As has been said many times already this team has no character, no resilience and very little fight.
I have seen NO EVIDENCE of DuPont being a winner and how do you ’tweak’ a team with so many flaws if you want to win a league title?
I will wait until the team has been signed before I make a decision on renewing my ST but if it’s a ‘tweak’ then
forget it, there’s plenty more enjoyable ways to spend a Saturday evening!
The team had a run of form late last season and Dupont carried it through the playoffs. I don't think the current malaise is entirely his fault- clearly a bunch of the early season signings haven't performed upto expectations and the mid-late season signings just haven't matched what our rival teams have brought in.

osh

Went along tonight more to find out what the owners response would be to questions asked from the floor. Obviously they were not going to be critical of any individuals in public, but they definitely gave the impression that we will have the same coach next year with only minor tweaks to playing staff. I think they may regret going public with those statements after watching what was served up by the on ice product tonight. I would hope they reconsider and make wholesale changes. Another dismal performance when I expected so much more especially with the owners in the house. Speaking to people who have been going for many years and they are as disillusioned as myself with lots of them saying they will not be renewing season tickets and simply pick individual games to suit.

BostonBart22

Well that was dire, in front of our owners as well, absolutely gutless performance, it made storm look good and they were bad..firmly believe the coach has lost the locker room well before Xmas and nobody has done anything about it. Been a long time we heard booing at the buzzer, owners will not be happy..

august04 2.0

The team turning up in 80s tracksuits, Kozun wearing a wig on the ice etc doesn’t look so great when you lose 1-2 to Manchester at home…
Couldn’t agree more. Hardly showed up with our game faces on, did we? That kind of thing should be kept for testimonials not when you’re hunting down a league title. Not a good look and whoever came up with that idea should be very embarrassed.

Last edited:

voth26

Exactly what I said to my mate on the way out.
what utter garbage. 0/5 on the power play again, which is unbelievable.

But judging from the Q&A, everyone who has said in here they aren’t going to renew their season ticket if DuPont is here next season are going to save a few quid, as he’s definitely back from the way he was talked about as “a seen winner”
There will be people saying their not going to renew ST but some will. I've learnt over the years on here that there are an awful lot of sheep!!

Wannabe2

Well that was one big shit show in front of our owners, storm deserved that win big time, their goalie must have had a bullseye on his chest. Fortunately I wasn’t expecting a lot tonight because we are a poor team, with lousy leadership. This is the first season for many that I can’t wait for the off season to begin. The league has gone but that was weeks ago, we won’t make Nottingham unfortunately, great shame as the fans have turned up in their droves.