Devils Vs Storm - League - 9th March 23 - 19:30 FO

Steveo86

boring, terrible ,shocking. This team are shit simple as. I’ve come to the decision to renew my 4 season tickets next year as I don’t want to waste my money on another season of guttless no clue idiots

ASHIPP

Lost tonight, Blaze up next. God help us when we get to play Steelers and Giants. Tonight is dent in our chase for a top 3 finish. At least the Owners can see how truly lousy our pp is.....and against a team with a statistically poor pk record this season. It's effective special teams that win tight games.

Credit to the Storm, or rather their goalie, who had an outstanding game.

Always knew it was going to be too much pressure wearing those retro jerseys....and living up to the Greats who wore the original ones.....

Last edited:
Brodeur was excellent but 0/5 against the worst PK in the league just isn’t good enough for a team with league title aspirations. PP looked one dimensional and the absence of a Fournier-type player was glaring today.

Jonesy83

At least the owners can see what shit we have to watch
Exactly what I said to my mate on the way out.
what utter garbage. 0/5 on the power play again, which is unbelievable.

But judging from the Q&A, everyone who has said in here they aren’t going to renew their season ticket if DuPont is here next season are going to save a few quid, as he’s definitely back from the way he was talked about as “a seen winner”

august04 2.0

Awful performance. Having heard the ownership group in the bar before the game stating they were 100% behind DuPont and convinced he would be a winner for us, plus that they only saw the need to “tweak” this team next year, well I’m glad they got to witness that crap in person tonight. They might just realise there’s plenty wrong with this team and this coach. Just not good enough I’m afraid.

moggy#9

Well the only positive to that is that I didn't pay for a webcast to watch that shit. There was a comment that over the last 7 games our pp is about 5%. It's usually inexcusable. Dupointless must go.

moggy#9

Awful performance. Having heard the ownership group in the bar before the game stating they were 100% behind DuPont and convinced he would be a winner for us, plus that they only saw the need to “tweak” this team next year, well I’m glad they got to witness that crap in person tonight. They might just realise there’s plenty wrong with this team and this coach. Just not good enough I’m afraid.
I've never criticised the owners in the past, but that is the most f**king ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I realise that they have to back him until the end of the season, but he can't stay.

august04 2.0

Exactly what I said to my mate on the way out.
what utter garbage. 0/5 on the power play again, which is unbelievable.

But judging from the Q&A, everyone who has said in here they aren’t going to renew their season ticket if DuPont is here next season are going to save a few quid, as he’s definitely back from the way he was talked about as “a seen winner”
It was a worrying comment from Brian Parker!

jenks33

Shambles. I thought our tempo was good for the first 10/15 minutes (as you’d expect with the owners in town) but Storm were the better team in the 2nd and we were toothless in the third.

The Powerplay? Dear god. 9th in the league is an embarrassment for Dupont and for the players. I appreciate that a few players have lost their confidence but some of these players must be handsomely paid (for this level) and you simply need them to perform. That’s why they’re on the PP for a top 5 team and not Fife or Dundee.

I’ve stuck up for Dupont many times this season but our PP is 9th and penalty kill is 6th. The players deserve criticism for that but you have to question the coaching as well. We persist with Reid or Sanford on the one timer from the off wing (usually a ridiculous angle) and it’s clearly not working. Goalies know what’s coming week in week out.

august04 2.0

Shambles. I thought our tempo was good for the first 10/15 minutes (as you’d expect with the owners in town) but Storm were the better team in the 2nd and we were toothless in the third.

The Powerplay? Dear god. 9th in the league is an embarrassment for Dupont and for the players. I appreciate that a few players have lost their confidence but some of these players must be handsomely paid (for this level) and you simply need them to perform.

I’ve stuck up for Dupont many times this season but our PP is 9th and penalty kill is 6th. The players deserve criticism for that but you have to question the coaching as well. We persist with Reid or Sanford on the one timer from the off wing (usually a ridiculous angle) and it’s clearly not working. Goalies know what’s coming week in week out.
I was stunned when having pulled Bowns, who does he replace him with, the busted flush that is Brodie Reid! What was he thinking?! Might as well have my Nan out there!

jenks33

I was stunned when having pulled Bowns, who does he replace him with, the busted flush that is Brodie Reid! What was he thinking?! Might as well have my Nan out there!
I’m sick of saying it but if Reid and Crandall are re-signed next season it will be a complete joke. Don’t get me wrong they’re not the only ones but those two have been woeful. And both are probably on very, very decent money for EIHL level.