Devils Vs steelers - League - 15th Oct 22

So Jardine didn't play the 3rd either, and even before he stopped playing. I questioned how much I'd rather register or fourns instead both able to carry a game at times. Maybe Jard will come good later half of season like his first reason, but that doesn't work well in UK league.

Brant also looked to have taken a knock when he put connelly in the bin in the 3rd, went into dressing room but back out quick seemed in pain, why his checks slowed down. Also cougler looked to take a nasty knock on one of his wrists during the game, could be quite a few injuries but that's ice hockey to an extent, and we will never know how banged up the team is.

august04 2.0

What I don’t get though is that we were the team with the big advantage of having only 3 or 4 players new to the league , I hope this isn’t a 15 point behind Belfast by Xmas and new coach situation, I think this team needs to get settled quick,
The problem with that is we weren't particularly brilliant last year! Yes, we won the play offs in a short series which anyone can win if you hit some form, and we had a goalie who stole games for us that we didn’t deserve to win. We don’t have that anymore.

ASHIPP

Who’s this big physical player he’s talking about
Well he's due in on a plane next week.....in our dreams. Even fans can identify weaknesses in individual performance, some caused by ongoing injuries.

The Devils got in an impossible mess for 8 weeks last season not being able to bring in 2 defencemen to cover McNulty and Mikkleson. That situation doesn't appear to be an obstacle at this point....so bring in some injury cover now.

(Steelers wasted no time getting a temporary replacement for Mosey's injury)

Great game to watch despite the result.

Steerers forecheck caused us problems all night, it was immense. They look like one hell of a team.

My main concern is Dupoint. When things aren’t working he struggles to adjust. He’s getting outcoached a lot this season. Our PPs been dire for weeks and we’re still trying the same things we were against Guildford. We never seem like we’ve got a plan B. I know he’s a young coach and only going to better but I do worry it was too big a step up. Hope I’m proven wrong.

We need to make a call on Brittain too. If he’s injured we need cover, so he can recover. I applaud him for playing injured but it’s hurting the team playing him
Dupont is still in his early days as a Coach, and I think he currently has the Dressing Room on side, but as more games are lost when we were as competitive as we were in the first period, keeping the dressing room won’t last long - it never does.

One interesting observation from last night. Horn wanted to call a time out shortly after the Devils struck back to 4-2. They had some momentum in the game at that point. DuPont overruled Horn and the next shift we conceded the ENG - and that as Commentators would say “was the game”

Key lessons:
1/. Need to play for 60 minutes, not just 20-25
2/. It’s OUR barn, no team should be out muscled, out skated, out skilled, out thought in their own barn
3/. if there is a plan B, please let the Devils players know what it is

Hats off to Sheffield they played a very good road game - Devils need to focus on their own game, it’s as though they have become easy for other teams to read.

Hedd Wyn John

“When you lose a guy as big, as dominant, as physical, as Brittain”….what is DuPont talking about?! And did I really hear that he thought Sheffield stole that game last night. Absolute bullshit, the better team won I’m afraid. Don’t take us for fools Brodie.
The key thing with that interview is don't listen to Duponts words, look at his face & in particular his eyes.

His words said one thing but his face was completely different. The look of a coach thinking "we got properly beaten here"

MA18

I do love this forum. I didn't see the match, but from this thread I've learnt we lost because of:
The net minder
The D
The forwards
Special teams
The coach
Retaining too many players from last season
Not retaining enough.

I'm fairness if we can improve in all of those areas we'll probably be looking pretty good
So in conclusion it was a bit of a shit show, against our biggest rivals, in our own barn.

D

Deleted member 1337

Two very average forward signings, both new. And I’m not sure that the dynamic in defence is there either. We need to be bold now and make a change or two if we want to compete with the best, before it’s too late.
As for the defence I don't know why we keep bringing Batch back. He seems lethargic and almost afraid to use his body, constantly chokes on the puck and bad passes. Aside from a long reach on a poke check with his height I don't see what he brings to the team.

E.D.S.

“When you lose a guy as big, as dominant, as physical, as Brittain”….what is DuPont talking about?! And did I really hear that he thought Sheffield stole that game last night. Absolute bullshit, the better team won I’m afraid. Don’t take us for fools Brodie.
Yep a poor interview from DuPont. I respect that he wants to back his players but don’t treat us like fools and talk about dominance and physicality