Devils Vs steelers - League - 15th Oct 22

Hockeymad

Even if they get the win, and I hope they do, it does nothing to address the real, and fundamental, problems that this team has. Any your to succeed involves addressing them.
Look at giants they lose tonight they will have lost 2 out of the first 3 games.

I think people don't give other teams enough credit and expect to win every game.

And it isn't happening.

Even in the nhl over the course of a season the Stanley Cup winning team loses around 15 games.

moggy#9

Look at giants they lose tonight they will have lost 2 out of the first 3 games.

I think people don't give other teams enough credit and expect to win every game.

And it isn't happening.

Even in the nhl over the course of a season the Stanley Cup winning team loses around 15 games.
It's not just about losses, it's the manner of them. When, as a team, the devils look disorganised and lacking in a plan - that's what's hard to swallow.

Hockeymad

It's not just about losses, it's the manner of them. When, as a team, the devils look disorganised and lacking in a plan - that's what's hard to swallow.
Possibly and I understand the frustration.

But I think we will be fine we proved we can compete and beat the best teams in the league that's good enough for me.

moggy#9

Possibly and I understand the frustration.

But I think we will be fine we proved we can compete and beat the best teams in the league that's good enough for me.
But that's the thing. If the problems go unaddressed, we won't. At present I just don't see better than 3rd, possibly 4th. With our resources, that's just not good enough.

I would also add that if the points total were close, even that position might be acceptable in some way. We're miles behind where we should be, evidenced in last year - and I don't feel we've closed the gap.

Hockeymad

But that's the thing. If the problems go unaddressed, we won't. At present I just don't see better than 3rd, possibly 4th. With our resources, that's just not good enough.

I would also add that if the points total were close, even that position might be acceptable in some way. We're miles behind where we should be, evidenced in last year - and I don't feel we've closed the gap.
Only time will tell.

Devils always prove us wrong.

3 playoffs in a row? Top 3 in the table for the last 5 6 seasons?

Challenge cup finals.

I think some fans think we are man city of hockey and we are not.

Oh and they lost today too.

E.D.S.

Only time will tell.

Devils always prove us wrong.

3 playoffs in a row? Top 3 in the table for the last 5 6 seasons?

Challenge cup finals.

I think some fans think we are man city of hockey and we are not.

Oh and they lost today too.
I’d give Devils fans more credit. No one thinks we are Man City or are entitled. Impassioned views, yes but entitled?? Not for me. For one, this forum is no where near representative of the entire fan base. It’s a group of people who like to come on here and debate and want to put their opinion forward. Yes, some can be a tad emotional and go over the top after a loss but fundamentally they want this team to do well. You seem to come on to dismiss and antagonise. ‘We win and no one posts, we lose and it’s forum melt down’. Block those that wind you up or ignore those that frustrate you but to constantly dismiss and provoke makes little sense. From what I can see there isn’t one person on here wishing for the Devils to fail (except maybe Wagstaff and even then he or she is so balanced in their view that they positively contribute),
If a fan wants to say they are struggling with X player and wishes player Y was still here then fine. Have that debate put your point across but the condescending comments just add zero value to this.

TL91

This forum does crack me up on times. No one likes losing but we have no entitlement to win. Yes there’s a lot to be said about being at home and against our big rivals but we don’t have a divine right to win. The petulance some show as well…claiming to love the Devils but then also saying if we continue losing they won’t come along anymore? Sounds more fair weather than love. For anyone who has played sport, amateur or professionally, sometimes you just have a bad night and there’s nothing you can seem to do about it. Yes the stats for the league are pretty solid so even at this early stage we’re on for the top of the league on that basis. Challenge cup has been gash but many posters here openly say they’re not arsed about it…so if you aren’t arsed don’t worry about the results in that eh? Just get behind the coach and the team.