Devils Vs Panthers - League - 5th Feb 23 - 18:00 FO

august04 2.0

I heard that Calle Ackered has become available, not sure how true that is. Head and shoulders above any of our import D men at the moment.
£532 for my season ticket this year, to watch a short strength team for months on end. We must be mugs! Not making that mistake again next year.

Why wouldn’t you bring Kozun back? Playing great and best save percentage in the league. Even better a stat when you look at how poor we’ve been defensively and the amount of shots we allow on goal.
There are much better netminders out there than both of what we have now.

lloyd_jeff

Both Brandt and Fournier need to improve to secure their places, I’m repeating myself, those people want to come at me again fine. The simple fact is, both to date have only proved fans want their personalities, what the club needs is those personalities combined with talent. That’s why they need to improve, if the club want to keep fan engagement the owners need to stop talking & act.

Ejercito Rojas

We had enough chances tonight to win 3 games, and 4 goals against a very poor “Nothingham“ Panthers should be more than enough to win. But no, we absolutely gifted them 5!!! goals.
Nothingham scored more goals in one game tonight than they usually score in a month!
Ringing the iron 5 times counts for nothing when you continually turnover the puck and your netminder looks so far out of his depth he needs a snorkel!

Panthers offered nothing except that they hung in and capitalised on some horrendous mistakes. We actually had some good individual performances tonight, Sanford, Waller and Cox I thought were great but ultimately and based on chances and Ozone time we should’ve scored 7or 8 and won that game comfortably but when you continually lose the battle of special teams you’re probably gonna lose the game.

Our PP scraped new depths tonight, 2 shg’s is unforgivable and OT was a 4 minute 30 second synopsis of the previous 60 minutes if not this season to date!

Can we now please put to bed any lingering thoughts of actually winning any silverware because a team that can play such naive hockey coupled with some abject netminding and defending in general with the sort of regularity this team does will win nothing.

Finally and genuinely, I sit in block 5 so I was 200ft + away but wtf was Bowns doing for their OT winner?

Wannabe2

See what I mean about a roller coaster ride, this is the most consistent inconsistent team I have ever watched, and that trite is what puts us behind Giants and Steelers in the run in. Unfortunately we ain’t a League title winning team, sorry to say, but we have too many average players for a marathon, we ain’t bad one on one now and then but we ain’t got the balls or class for the long run. Myself I am only going now to watch hockey, the game I love, but with no expectations thankfully. As for aspirations that’s for the 23/24 season now, unless we keep most of this years team in which case I will probably turn my attention to bog snorkelling, or fossil hunting, as I need a Andrenalin rush every now and then like most youngsters.

Both Brandt and Fournier need to improve to secure their places, I’m repeating myself, those people want to come at me again fine. The simple fact is, both to date have only proved fans want their personalities, what the club needs is those personalities combined with talent. That’s why they need to improve, if the club want to keep fan engagement the owners need to stop talking & act.
Fournier made a massive difference if you ask me

Ejercito Rojas

Bowns is shite he came back to sell jerseys that’s it I went this signing announcement at the rink and when bowns was announced I wasn’t happy, it’s easy for him to come back here where his home is earn a wage and run his business. Honestly some of the softest goals I have ever seen have been against him this season all he cares about is being close to home so he can walk his dog
Maybe he was taking his dog for a walk when they scored the OT winner???
Fitting that we were wearing the Clown jerseys tonight!

Swarley

Looked like the puck got stuck in Bowns padding, He thought he'd saved it, spun round and the puck just dropped to a Panther. Comedy of errors tonight
I was stood at the top of block 10 and honestly Bowns had no clue where that puck went he must of though it was either up his padding secure or put of bounds, can't blame him for that because no one can say they'd of saved it with ease, I'm not Bowns fan by any means I prefer Carruth who's signed in for Herning again but our defence is exhausted and it's obvious they are running on empty, we never should give up 2 short handers why Kelly hasn't been called up and given Jardines spot baffles me because I don't see Jardine or Coughler back at all this season, and if Fournier is done as well that's our season wrapped up because his big body in front of the net is what gave the players that scoring opportunity

Zero chance of Carruth coming back next season. Signed for another year for Blue Fox where they actually appreciate him on and off the ice. Too many rumours and 'my friend said this' painted a bad picture around him sadly.
I would have built the Devils team around Carruth going into the future - an absolute winner, competitive as and clearly did not settle for any less than 100% effort. Sadly that opportunity has passed us by.

Swarley

I would have built the Devils team around Carruth going into the future - an absolute winner, competitive as and clearly did not settle for any less than 100% effort. Sadly that opportunity has passed us by.
I said the same thing not so long back, a team built around Carruth would of been absolute nightmare fuel for any team we came up against