Devils Vs Panthers - League - 5th Feb 23 - 18:00 FO

jenks33

Let’s be honest, I think everyone’s written off this season. This teams no where near championship calibre. Get Jards & Coughler back and maybe have a crack at the playoffs.

Mass clear out is needed in the summer, new faces and hopefully a new coach.
And if we do win the play offs (which I really hope we do) let’s hope we don’t do the same mistake as last year. When re-signing players let’s look at the season as a whole…

Let’s be honest, I think everyone’s written off this season. This teams no where near championship calibre. Get Jards & Coughler back and maybe have a crack at the playoffs.

Mass clear out is needed in the summer, new faces and hopefully a new coach.
Dups
And let’s hope we don’t do the same mistake as last year if we do win the play offs. When re-signing players let’s look at the season as a whole…
theres a few id bring back bowns and kozan defo not bowns shouldnt of came back anyway
sanford
Coughler
Jardine
Crawford
Cox
Brandt
Fornier
Keep them

Kevin roog

Personally I wouldn’t have the 2 crocks back or they will be injured again all next season, and jardine was bang average before the injury

We really missed Fournier we were on the pp with no one in front of the net, brittain is shite only reason he’s had success recently is because Fournier is playing the game we expected from him but without Fournier he was nothing just a 6ft5 wet tissue

august04 2.0

Well after a disastrous 6-0 shut out last night, I was expecting much more of a response and a win against a game, but ultimately very limited Panthers side. But we were terrible, poor netminding and the most inept defending. As soon as I saw Crawford on the ice in OT, I knew we’d lose that game. An absolute liability at the back but he’s not on his own.

Kevin roog

Well after a disastrous 6-0 shut out last night, I was expecting much more of a response and a win against a game, but ultimately very limited Panthers side. But we were terrible, poor netminding and the most inept defending. As soon as I saw Crawford on the ice in OT, I knew we’d lose that game. An absolute liability at the back but he’s not on his own.
excuse me, you are not allowed to criticise Crawford , think about the plus minus and girls on Twitter really fancy him

august04 2.0

Dups

theres a few id bring back bowns and kozan defo not bowns shouldnt of came back anyway
sanford
Coughler
Jardine
Crawford
Cox
Brandt
Fornier
Keep them
No way would I want Jardine and Coughler back next year. I like them both as players but we can’t afford another season where they are on the sidelines for so long and that's quite likely again, if they’re susceptible to concussion injuries. Not convinced by Fournier yet either, would like to see more action than words. Mass clear out for me, next year, including a new coaching team.

E.D.S.

I understand Fournier has injured himself quite badly too. he was useful to give the squad a much needed boost but for me that's where it ends. We need more than a mouth piece.
Brandt worked his ass off tonight and hit everything but bottom line... we are woeful defensively. I'm not interested in Crawfords +/- The guy is a liability when he has to defend and you're guaranteed one of his petulant penalties most games. A stupid slash or cross check for no reason. I'd rather his points were shared amongst three lines of scoring - which we don't have - and he focussed on not turning over the puck or taking unnecessary risk when we're short handed.
Batch tonight was shocking. His giveaway for the Nottingham second goal (I think it was the second) was poor. Not only did he give it away but he then charges to blue line out of position to try and win it back only for panthers to end up passing it to where he should have been stood in front of goal for a tap in. Proper amateur stuff.
My biggest disappointment is Crandall. Absolutely loved watching him last season but this season he's not been at the races. We've carried him. Such a shame as he set such high standards last year. Waller had another of his games where he has no end product but looked threatening. Brittain is made of glass. We won very few face offs and our general lack of composure kills us. We seem to score, win the puck back at the face off and then ice it, putting us straight back under pressure. We look old and tired.
Interesting use of a time out in O/T. less than a minute to go in what was arguably the most placid and lack lustre over time. I get that Dupont may have wanted to call a time out to get his players some rest before a final push but he said absolutely nothing to the team during the time out. Very bizarre. Poor performance tonight. The international break is welcomed. I need a break, forget about the players.

Only positive for me was the team fight back to get a point.

To give up one short handed goal is bad, to give up two short handed goals is appalling. It should be screaming at the coaching team that there is something that drastically needs doing with the defence. Bowns was noticeably keen to stay within his blue paint, which is a trait often associated with a goalie lacking self belief - How soft were the goals that we gave up tonight?

Our offence is not firing for one reason or another, and there is little interest in the Powers that be in doing something about the situation we find ourselves. Playing 2 imports short for over two months, reluctant to make use of Injured Reserves, which Steelers, Panthers and Giants all sign up to And get quality players in at the drop of a hat - Devils insist in playing 2 imports short - it didn’t work out well for the Devils in previous seasons for playing short - What’s changed to make them think doing the same thing over will achieve a different result

Final moan is why oh why do we think it is sensible to dump the puck on a line change when there is zero pressure our own puck possession? Effectively saying to the guys coming on, we couldn’t be arsed to keep possession of the puck for you - you’ll find the puck in the opposition defensive zone. Keep the sodding puck and break out with positivity. Playing with a puck is way easier than having to chase to regain possession all the time. This is stuff I used to coach u14s to do, yet the Elite League players give away possession week in and week out - Rant over