Devils Vs Panthers - League - 12th & 13th Feb 22

Wannabe2

This really is garbage, £15 for this crap. Every player playing lousy on the same night. When you get destroyed by a lousy team it ain’t good. Still we might start playing at 58 mins.

august04 2.0

We’ve had some ups and downs this season, mostly ups lately - but that’s the worst I’ve seen the Devils play this year. Absolutely hopeless in all areas. League title chances were slim anyway, but we’ve thrown away any remaining hopes tonight.

Slartibartfast

Very sloppy. Never have I seen so many passes to behind the player, into the skates of the opposition or just fanned on altogether.
I don't know if the Nottingham ice is sticky or something but we just can't seem to string a few passes together.
On a brighter note at least we won all the fights and it was good to see them sticking up for the team mates. (Game was lost by then anyway).
Love the fire in Cox. We have had feisty little guys before but they don't normally back it up with the fists.

Pembo

League is almost certainly Sheffields. We look in general a much better unit since the winter, more dangerous from more lines. Today not greatest performance, but after the early season wobbles league wasn’t really realistic this time around, especially with Sheffield being so consistent and with a fairly easy run in. Aim surely would be to hit the playoffs in some sort of form, and we’ve been a form team recently. We’ve shown on our day we can beat/compete with Belfast and Sheffield home and away. They will be the teams to beat in the playoffs. Nottingham away is always a bit weird. Not sure why we often fail to show up there.

august04 2.0

Very sloppy. Never have I seen so many passes to behind the player, into the skates of the opposition or just fanned on altogether.
I don't know if the Nottingham ice is sticky or something but we just can't seem to string a few passes together.
On a brighter note at least we won all the fights and it was good to see them sticking up for the team mates. (Game was lost by then anyway).
Love the fire in Cox. We have had feisty little guys before but they don't normally back it up with the fists.
There was no brighter note tonight. I thought the last 5 minutes was embarrassing. If you’re going to fight, do it a bit earlier to try to spark some life to get back in the game.

Samael

I think even if Sheffield and Belfast take points off each other and we somehow go undefeated for the rest of the year, the way we have played this season l think it would be a travesty if we won the league, that's hugely unlikely though. We just don't play consistently, rarely put in a 60 minute performance and feel flat for long periods for too long. Shuff deserve it this year, as disgusting as l feel saying that, they are the best team. I just hope they don't win the cc and playoffs too.

Devil94

This game was just what Nottingham would have wanted. A home game against a top team to end the slump, they would have been well up for it. And they played well, deserved the win. We weren't at the races, that's all, it happens occasionally.

To anyone saying 'this team isn't clicking', get a grip. 14 wins out 16 before this game, with some of the most entertaining hockey we've seen in a while. Still a lot of hockey to be played.

jenks33

What a rotten record we’ve got in Nottingham. I never expect us to win there. Even when we’ve had great teams and they’ve had average teams you can usually guarantee a defeat in Nottingham.

Wannabe2

There was no brighter note tonight. I thought the last 5 minutes was embarrassing. If you’re going to fight, do it a bit earlier to try to spark some life to get back in the game.
Exactly, showing passion and grit in the last 5 mins of a 60 min game is a joke, especially when it dont mean sod all because your completely down and out. Losing when you have played well and gave it everything ain’t a problem one iota, but when you have lost because there’s nothing there is another thing.