Devils Vs Panthers - League - 12th & 13th Feb 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils have back to back games this weekend against the Panthers, at home Saturday then away at the library on Sunday. Panthers have been suffering a bumpy season, recently scapegoating their coach Wallace. They've now recruited friend of the Devils Dave Whistle as bench coach to help them out. Really not sure what to expect this weekend. We should see them off fairly easily but they've had our number a fair bit this season. With Steelers and Giants showing no signs of losing games though we really do need the full points to keep ourselves in the running.

Wannabe2

Yep we sure need 4 points out of these encounters, but as you say Panthers will be far from easy especially at their gaff. Just hope we don’t leave it till the 3rd period to start playing, Russian roulette ain’t good for the heart. Play our A game and we will be fine, anything else could be worrying times.

moggy#9

I watched a bit of the panthers TV game the other day and they looked absolutely dire. There seemed to be a complete lack of chemistry and understanding between them. I have no doubt that Dave whistle will get them organised and playing to a system, but I'm not sure if they have the tools to take the next step.

I would expect them to try to frustrate the devils and try to punish our mistakes. If the devils can score early it could be a very long night for Nottingham.

ASHIPP

Dave Whistle is helping out with training now and it could be Edwin Hedberg's moment to shine. He was brought in a couple of weeks ago.
Whatever the situation now, can't write the Panthers off in their place. They are never an easy team to play.

NathanG

Panthers have looked very poor this year and they have 3 games this weekend, I think they'll be on their knees come Sundays game. I'm going for a 4 point weekend for us.

Mazzoak

Gotta be a 4 point weekend, although they do have a habit of turning up against us. Should be an eventful weekend......