Devils Vs Nomad Astana - Conti Cup - 17th Nov 23 - FO 16:00 (15:00 UK)

Devil94

we’ve seen that game differently. I feel like we’ve lost to Telford Tigers. We had way too much for them and didn’t capitalise. You’re right, it was that lack of concentration
I agree that we were the best team for a lot of that game, and that's why I thought the performance as a whole wasn't bad at all. Just a few blips from us cost us.
Not sure where your comparison of Telford comes from. Maybe it's because we know very little of that team and Kazakhstani hockey in general. But there was over 300 games in that side in the 2nd best league in the world. Their goalie was a regular starter in the KHL last year. And most of their team were kids who will undoubtedly play many KHL games in their careers. So some hugely talented players there.

Bowns made some top saves tonight.
And let in 5 he should of saved with his eyes closed don’t know why everyone sticks up for him so much yes had a much better season this year but he is not the Nettie we use to have and he won’t win us anything , wall needs a run and see how things go

Devil94

And let in 5 he should of saved with his eyes closed don’t know why everyone sticks up for him so much yes had a much better season this year but he is not the Nettie we use to have and he won’t win us anything , wall needs a run and see how things go
Even though he has the joint best save percentage in the league at the moment, and an even higher one in the CC?

And literally last week he played a blinder to beat our main rival?

E.D.S.

I agree that we were the best team for a lot of that game, and that's why I thought the performance as a whole wasn't bad at all. Just a few blips from us cost us.
Not sure where your comparison of Telford comes from. Maybe it's because we know very little of that team and Kazakhstani hockey in general. But there was over 300 games in that side in the 2nd best league in the world. Their goalie was a regular starter in the KHL last year. And most of their team were kids who will undoubtedly play many KHL games in their careers. So some hugely talented players there.
I just felt we lost to an inferior team. We dominated in most areas of the game. Ully was superb and Bowns did well. Not sure what it looked like on the webcast but at ice level we dominated. I just didn’t see us losing that…. But we did. One of those games unfortunately

Even though he has the joint best save percentage in the league at the moment, and an even higher one in the CC?

And literally last week he played a blinder to beat our main rival?
Not saying he don’t have a good game and 100% has improved but he still won’t win us a tile palying him all the time ! So because he had a blinder last week we ignore he was piss tonight ?

Not saying he don’t have a good game and 100% has improved but he still won’t win us a tile palying him all the time ! So because he had a blinder last week we ignore he was piss tonight ?
He didn't have a great game. Two soft goals he would want back.
But definitely wasn't helped by a few D not up to it. Batch couldn't keep up with the young whipper snappers

Devil94

Well he wasn't piss poor was he. Made some good saves, I can't remember all their goals but there was 2 breakaways/ 1on1 and a free shot right in the slot right in front wasn't there?

He won't be playing every week, but he should be playing right now as #1 as he is the in form goalie in the league, as the stats and standings suggest.

Well he wasn't piss poor was he. Made some good saves, I can't remember all their goals but there was 2 breakaways and a free shot right in the slot right in front wasn't there?

He won't be playing every week, but he should be playing right now as #1 as he is the in form goalie in the league, as the stats and standings suggest.
Honesty you’re boring me one of the Bowns lovers and he carnt do anything wrong ! Everyone entitled to an opinion so cool beans ! We clearly see things different want to get into an argument no problem.

Wannabe2

Bowns wasn’t great tonight, but did pull off some good saves, as has been said he is 2 nd in the goalie rankings at the moment, and has had some great games in the league so far. On his day he is still very very good, his stats so far are better than Besko and 7 other netminders. Tonight certainly wasn’t down to Bownsy we played lousy and that’s a fact, and the final score line flattered us.

Not saying it all was down to Bowns ! But he didn’t help ! Yes he had some brilliant games this season and I’m not a hater but some people have blinkers on and think he is the worlds best ! Personally I think he could of saved a lot of them goals tonight but it is what is is would like to see wall get the start tomorrow

This weekend was always gonna be a bit of a watershed for me, particularly after last season’s no show in this competition’s final round.

So far this season we have by and large been playing a much more entertaining brand of hockey but we’re still displaying alarming inconsistency no only from game to game but also period to period.

PR needs to turn us into a 0.800 ppg team if we gonna have a genuine chance of winning the league.
Last season we had a few passengers, this season we have a few ghosts.

Kevlar68

I think as I said last season it's the inconsistenty with bowns. It's all or nothing, great spectacular flailing saves or howlers. He us having a far better season than last season but when he's on a bad day it's quite bad not just poor.

Wannabe2

Not saying it all was down to Bowns ! But he didn’t help ! Yes he had some brilliant games this season and I’m not a hater but some people have blinkers on and think he is the worlds best ! Personally I think he could of saved a lot of them goals tonight but it is what is is would like to see wall get the start tomorrow
And I think he will, Bownsy would like to see a few of them shots back agreed like most keepers do. We were lousy today and looked disjointed, and very Amateurish. Maybe watching it at the Arena was better, after a few beers and the terrific Devils support and atmosphere. But watching it at home was dreadful, and why did they put the cameraman with one eye on the main camera. But at the end we got what we deserved, and that was Zilch.