Devils Vs Nomad Astana - Conti Cup - 17th Nov 23 - FO 16:00 (15:00 UK)

moggy#9

Got to give it to Nomad, you can tell they have prepped for us well, they have watched a lot of video of us
Unfortunately, if the pre tourney photos and video are anything to go by, we have a team that didn't respect the opponents and treated the event as a fun mini break. I'd hoped that attitude was a thing of the past.

Simple situation now. We have to win both remaining games by decent margins to go though as second place.

How much prep do you think we did on them? If you look at social media posts by the Devs, the players didn't even know the name of the team they were playing.
If that the case
Unfortunately, if the pre tourney photos and video are anything to go by, we have a team that didn't respect the opponents and treated the event as a fun mini break. I'd hoped that attitude was a thing of the past.

Simple situation now. We have to win both remaining games by decent margins to go though as second place.
I agree mate, you could see it, we thought they were some kids team that we would roll over

NathanG

Feels like a bit of a piss take with the berets, garlic and fake moustaches

jenks33

I'm sorry, the devils look under prepared and sloppy in this match. Judging by the fact that some if the team couldn't even name their opponents I'm concerned about how seriously they've been taking this. We're being beaten not by a better team in terms of talent, but a better organised team.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that picked up on that video the devils posted this morning. I thought it was strange at the time. Why are we posting a video of the players not knowing who we are playing in the continental cup?? I mean, I’m not surprised the players didn’t know exactly who we were playing but why post a video of it on twitter on the day of the game. I thought it made us look a bit unprofessional and it was slightly disrespectful.

Devil94

I think they were a better side than anything we've faced this year domestically. Unfortunately some lack of concentration gifted them a goal or two and that was the difference in the end. We were more than good enough to be beat them. A missed opportunity. Now we just got to look forward to the next two and see where those two wins takes us.

E.D.S.

We should never have lost that. Cox and Martin need to sit and relax. Both entirely ineffective and more of Wallers graceful skating with no end product.

E.D.S.

I think they were a better side than anything we've faced this year domestically. Unfortunately some lack of concentration gifted them a goal or two and that was the difference in the end. We were more than good enough to be beat them. A missed opportunity. Now we just got to look forward to the next two and see where those two wins takes us.
we’ve seen that game differently. I feel like we’ve lost to Telford Tigers. We had way too much for them and didn’t capitalise. You’re right, it was that lack of concentration

RedDevil17

I can take losing when I play with 100% effort and try your best. What I saw tonight was an absolute disgrace of a performance. Made far too many mistakes and they capitalised on them. That was a poor Nomad team, but we were worse.