Devils Vs lusanne

I think I mentioned in a previous post, I thought the mask situation had tightened since Thursday. We were told as we entered the building, the steward between 10&11 was in conversation with non-mask wearers, some of which then put them on. There were more announcements and on screen messages. Hopefully this continues and people will adhere to the rules.

ASHIPP

You are always going to get precious prima donnas who think they are entitled not to wear a mask. And those who are stupid enough not to remember to carry a mask with them when we have been living like this for over 12 months.... and what will happen to people who determinedly refuse to wear them after being asked at the Arena?

But travelling fans of the English teams in the League will be dealing with a different set of rules. Perhaps their clubs and ours need to be heavily pre-warning travelling fans about the need to wear masks in the Arena.

Gaz G

Heck of a result.

Outstanding from start to finish. Despite the lack of shots on net on Thursday I did say to the other half that the speed from defence to offense was rapid. Much quicker again last night. At one point Mikkelson even (possibly/probably played a lob pass), chucked it up so high our forward, got past the d man and took it down.

I used to play a little cricket as a wicket keeper. The best compliment you could ever receive was that you weren't noticed. In essence you're neat and tidy, not making a meal of things etc. Mark Richardson is the equivalent of this. Of course you notice his blocked shots but the rest of his game, cool, calm, collected. He keeps it simple and doesn't make mistakes. Mistakes are what people notice.

To me, this team looks hungry. The fact that our first league match isn't for almost a month can't be a bad thing. By then lots of training and systems practiced, lots of games played and hopefully confidence through the roof.

Roster numbers are crazy though and need to be looked at. Net minders spend an awful lot of time together. My suggestion would be that if one gets covid, so does the other, what happens then? Likely to be cases all year so surely the longer bench the better?

But I am being realistic in my opinion, name me a better D Man. As for other forums who cares what they think, they can have their opinions and me mine.
Hotham, Fournier, Strachan, Morrisson, Weller, Munn, Martin, Lindman, Paek.
The fact that in my opinion I think there are plenty more takes nothing away from Mark Richardson. He is top quality but I cant agree with you saying there's never been anyone better than him to play in this country.

drainage

Hotham, Fournier, Strachan, Morrisson, Weller, Munn, Martin, Lindman, Paek.
The fact that in my opinion I think there are plenty more takes nothing away from Mark Richardson. He is top quality but I cant agree with you saying there's never been anyone better than him to play in this country.
TBF he was talking about British D men……and in that context Richardson is up there.

Gaz G

If that was the case then it would be a good conversation but he states 'as good as any import'
Regardless, I think he has a point.

D men whilst obviously d men take up so many different rolls. To compare Richardson to Hotham is insane. To compare Hotham to Louis is insane.

Richie is the best I've seen at his roll in 20 years. Add to that he was a forward when he first started.

Regardless, I think he has a point.

D men whilst obviously d men take up so many different rolls. To compare Richardson to Hotham is insane. To compare Hotham to Louis is insane.

Richie is the best I've seen at his roll in 20 years. Add to that he was a forward when he first started.
I’m not doing that, I’m comparing Dman with Dman as per the original claim.
Hockey’s scouting system has gone to pot obviously.

Mazzoak

Yes that’s fair! Not going to get further involved with someone who makes discrediting statements and then can’t back them up. There’s definitely a personal issue with Lord in there that must be non-hockey related. Enough said. Apologies all.

As for the game, this teams identity looks positive so far, the speed is excellent and they seemed to back that up with tenacious forechecking and solid defence.

Cox, Carruth and Register were the standouts for me so far, but every one of the new guys looks like they’ll bring a little something.

Looking forward to the season ahead.
Careful, you don’t want to sound too positive.

Mazzoak

But I am being realistic in my opinion, name me a better D Man. As for other forums who cares what they think, they can have their opinions and me mine.
Opinions don‘t require facts, they neither require evidence or argument, there simply opinion and we are all entitled too voice without prejudice......

drainage

If that was the case then it would be a good conversation but he states 'as good as any import'
He is entitled to his opinion …..personally Richardson has been a never ending stalwart of the game for me. Is he better than imports in some cases yes but is he an outstanding Brit ? No doubt about it

These last few posts are kinda making me sound like I don’t appreciate what Mark Richardson does for our team and am bashing him just because I don’t agree with wannabes Statement
I most certainly do and we are very lucky to have him!!!
Ive underlined statement as that was what it was, he didn’t say “in my opinion” in his original post
Mazzoak, your definition of an opinion is spot on, unless I say it’s my opinion that a £5 note is worth £10 pounds. My opinion is factually incorrect. That’s just me being pedantic though.
I know players have different roles and styles, and playing with Ritchie has definitely made his defensive partners be better, there’s no doubt about that!
I’d love a few actual answers to whether anyone else agrees with wannabes statement/opinion that there’s never been a better defence man to have ever played in the UK.
p.s
Sorry wannabe, I know it sounds like I’m attacking/bashing you (I’m not) but I think you just say things when you are excited which are over the top, gushing with passion etc and this time I’ve voiced my opinion.
I also think I remember you saying Hotham was the best Dman we ever had but not 100% sure
Cheers