Devils Vs lusanne

Got to give Jamie Eldon a big shout out, I felt for him when the club released him. Last week at the drop of a hat he turns up to help out the club. First class bloke in my eyes, he was the one making the calls last night , I'd love to see him back at the club on day however I expect him to take e similar direction to Peter Russell, go under the radar and somehow end up in Europe. Thanks Jamie hoping your class brings you the success you deserve. I know it's elson not Eldon not rewriting this

Never said they’d not won a CHL game. The back up evidence is the Twitter membership to Devils compared to the Inferno, nothing to do with being scared, just content. ;)
Are you a devils fan ? You seem to have problem with the club, or do you just enjoy fishing and waiting for replys

First class win last night by a first class team, thanking the owners and management for putting this team and coach together. Skalde has gone in the direction of hockey I love to watch, similar in some ways to what paul Dixon did with Guildford, I've a feeling this might be my favourite team in the last decade, I'll reserve judgment on that for a few months, I was watching the players Sheffield and Belfast were signing and thinking they'd be to strong for us, after just two games I fear no one in our league , loving being back. Let the games begin

Gavevs88

Superb win, one of the best performances I have ever seen from a Devils team. Cox and Sanford are going to terrorise the rest of the league this season, Carruth was immense, Richie seems to be an even better player since he got the C. Very excited for what this season can bring! roll on the start of the league!

Mazzoak

How is that evidence? You’re comparing followers of a recognised brand on a global social media outlet, to an independent forum, which many have never even heard of.

You specifically said that people are scared to come on here, yet your evidence shows nothing of the sort.

But if you’re insistent on it- then people must also be too scared to join steel talk and the cage- both of which get less subscribers than their club Twitter accounts.
Absolute nonsense.

You clearly had a personal vendetta against Lord (who’s record speaks for itself).

As for your other comment about never saying they’d not won a CHL game - I can’t wait for your explanation of what you meant then… bear in mind the Devils have never played Lausanne previously so obviously won’t have done what they did last night before.
Keep to the topic FFS.....

Mazzoak

Guys we just had one of our greatest results in a long long time, let’s keep to that euphoria please, they don’t come around every 5 minutes.
Fully agree, I’ve made no secret on my opinion of Lord & his coaching, I’m not going to apologise, those that disagree will just have to suck it up.......

Last night showed a new era has arrived, I’m surprised it came so strong, so soon in these circumstances, the owners im sure feel really bummed out for not being present last night. Having said that that performance may just be one of several. One comment l did make a few yrs ago was the Devils without Lord would fall apart , last night proves how wrong l was. Credit where it’s due, so far this appears to be the beginning of a very successful period in our history.

Wannabe2

Amazing night last night, certainly in the top 3 seen in the IAW and what a beautiful sight seeing our fans having a blast after all the crap everyone has had to put up with, This team are going to be so good, not that we ain’t already, but we are going to get better and better. Every player on that ice last night are going to be fans favourites, but can I just point out one player that never ceases to amaze me, Cool Hand Luke, Mr Unflappable, the unbelievable Senor Skipper, Sir Mark Richardson never before have we witnessed a British Player Defensman who has been as good as any import DMan to ever play over here, the man is different class in every which way, Mark has played 14 seasons with Cardiff and 20 seasons all told unbelievable,and is still if not better than ever and we fans are honoured to call our legend Skipper. We have a great future in front of us, and a huge debt to Jarrod Skalde for putting this amazing squad together, it’s looking mighty good folks. Happy Hockey Days.

Amazing night last night, certainly in the top 3 seen in the IAW and what a beautiful sight seeing our fans having a blast after all the crap everyone has had to put up with, This team are going to be so good, not that we ain’t already, but we are going to get better and better. Every player on that ice last night are going to be fans favourites, but can I just point out one player that never ceases to amaze me, Cool Hand Luke, Mr Unflappable, the unbelievable Senor Skipper, Sir Mark Richardson never before have we witnessed a British Player Defensman who has been as good as any import DMan to ever play over here, the man is different class in every which way, Mark has played 14 seasons with Cardiff and 20 seasons all told unbelievable,and is still if not better than ever and we fans are honoured to call our legend Skipper. We have a great future in front of us, and a huge debt to Jarrod Skalde for putting this amazing squad together, it’s looking mighty good folks. Happy Hockey Days.
As good as Richie is, and he’s very good, don’t get carried away making a claim that he’s the equal best Dman ever to play in Uk please.
It’s a daft comment.
You’re a regular on other forums and you know this will be all over them, and it’s just ammunition for other club’s fans to be calling us arrogant etc

Rempel16

Guys we just had one of our greatest results in a long long time, let’s keep to that euphoria please, they don’t come around every 5 minutes.
Yes that’s fair! Not going to get further involved with someone who makes discrediting statements and then can’t back them up. There’s definitely a personal issue with Lord in there that must be non-hockey related. Enough said. Apologies all.

As for the game, this teams identity looks positive so far, the speed is excellent and they seemed to back that up with tenacious forechecking and solid defence.

Cox, Carruth and Register were the standouts for me so far, but every one of the new guys looks like they’ll bring a little something.

Looking forward to the season ahead.

Gavevs88

As good as Richie is, and he’s very good, don’t get carried away making a claim that he’s the equal best Dman ever to play in Uk please.
It’s a daft comment.
You’re a regular on other forums and you know this will be all over them, and it’s just ammunition for other club’s fans to be calling us arrogant etc
Everyone is entitled to an opinion................

mjh

Personally, Richie just inspires confidence. He may not be the most exciting or showy guy on the ice but I've never seen him let us down. Players who go hot and cold are all well and good but it's the guys who perform at a consistently high level night after night that are truly special. He's an awesome d-man. Privilege to watch him do the job.

nicky27

Can I just comment on the steward between block 7 and 8. He really impressed me asking people to put their masks over their faces and people obliged to be fair. I have to admit that I was quite anxious about going to first game but I lover every second and can't wait for next game!

moggy#9

Thread starter #97
How was mask usage generally last night? From TV it looked like most people were wearing them, but there did seem to be done behind the visitors bench and in front of one of the drummers with no masks. We're the stewards consistent?

How was mask usage generally last night? From TV it looked like most people were wearing them, but there did seem to be done behind the visitors bench and in front of one of the drummers with no masks. We're the stewards consistent?
Constant calls on the speakers during breaks for masks to be worn. Had hockey newbies all around me in the middle of block 9 with no masks on which wasn't great.

Kevlar68

Block 4 was 90% masks with a few not wearing masks who seemed a bit precious as it may have spoilt their hair and fake tan who also seemed more interested in selfies and being on phone than watching the game.

BostonBart22

There were more fans wearing them last night, The girl steward block 2/3 on the ball as well going into the crowd and telling a group of boys off for wearing them on the chin, good for her...defo an improvement, be interesting when we play nottingham in 2 weeks as fans in england are exempt from wearing masks..i can see corky making a killing with masks that night, better get an order in for 100 panthers masks and 50 storm masks the following week..