Devils Vs lusanne

jenks33

What a brilliant night. To be honest I wouldn’t say I was particularly looking forward to tonight after the Mannheim result and just the 7 shots on goal for the Devils in that game. Nobody likes to see their team being outclassed and I turned to a friend before the match and said 6-1 to Lausanne. What a great performance by the boys tho! Carruth, Richardson, Sanford, Cox all outstanding. I also thought we saw a few glimpses from Reid tonight to suggest he’s going to be a handful in the EIHL. He’s got great vision. Brilliant pass to Sanford for the first goal.

matbur

Honestly, one of the best night's I've had at the arena. Big performances all over and it's sparked a connection between the new team and the fans.

Love how much zip we had going through the neutral zone and Carruth is already making a bit of a name for himself. I'm so pleased for all the players.

I'm also really pleased for Jarrod Skalde as he's come into the role at such a difficult and unprecedented time due to Covid and the roster rebuild, then to top things all off, the guy is stuck at home for our first competitive games. I really hope he took a lot of joy from that performance and it's a result that gives him a great platform to work from.

Feeling really proud of the team and it just felt great to be back watching Devils hockey again. Man, I love this team.

Agree with a previous point that all being considered that has to rank as one of the greatest devils victories! Terrific performance with the odds stacked against us. It's frightening to think what the Cox, Lammon, Sanford line can do in the EIHl this season when they had an NLA team chasing shadows! Sanford especially was immense!

"First line" is showing signs of clicking and in particular Dupont looks a handful, seems a more physical player than I expected. Duggan seems like he may have a breakout season and who knows could even force his way up the lines as the season goes on!

Very impressed with all D and although Register doesn't appear the quickest he has an air of quality to me and I was dare I say it getting some Hotham vibes today! Carruth seemed to be really enjoying himself and if he keeps on putting in these performances long may it continue!

jenks33

Agree with a previous point that all being considered that has to rank as one of the greatest devils victories! Terrific performance with the odds stacked against us. It's frightening to think what the Cox, Lammon, Sanford line can do in the EIHl this season when they had an NLA team chasing shadows! Sanford especially was immense!

"First line" is showing signs of clicking and in particular Dupont looks a handful, seems a more physical player than I expected. Duggan seems like he may have a breakout season and who knows could even force his way up the lines as the season goes on!

Very impressed with all D and although Register doesn't appear the quickest he has an air of quality to me and I was dare I say it getting some Hotham vibes today! Carruth seemed to be really enjoying himself and if he keeps on putting in these performances long may it continue!
Agree with you about Duggan. He appears to be a much different Sam Duggan than we last saw 18 months ago. Clearly Skalde thinks a lot of him by giving him the ‘A’ but he also looks a better more experienced player. We’ve already seen him on the PP but he also looks bigger and more confident to me. Could well be his breakout year

Ger-Devils

Register will need a few games to get going I think.

His usual pre season before heading to his team is playing in the “da beauty” league with a load of NHL players. He played a few games but not the usual numbers

rocketbob

What a performance. I was fearing a big loss and going for the Devils to snatch a goal of two in a spirited defeat. The guys however performed well beyond my expectations and create an amazing display to take the well deserved win.

Such an amazing display from so many players and I have to say Register impressed me immensely with his positioning and hockey IQ. Have a good rest boys, you have earned it.

E.D.S.

Richie was superb tonight. Saw him play a whole 2 minute penalty kill, making three blocks in the process. Proper leadership. Defensively superb as a team tonight. We shut out the neutral zone well but as a result we didn’t commit too much forward so we didn’t spend a great deal of time recycling the puck in their zone. We seem to be happy to let them come at us. May be that’s how you play these better teams with deeper rosters. No idea but when we did go forward we looked a handful. The forecheck was aggressive as well. Everyone seemed to finish their checks. That Dixon line looks a belter.
The season is looking very bright. Speed, skills and tons of commitment. Love it!!

Devil94

Richie seemed to play a different game to everyone else on the ice tonight, different class. And considering the pedigree on the opposition line up that is some feat. The man is different gravy and #17 will for sure be up in the rafters.
With just 4 defenders + Sullivan, to put in that defensive display was outstanding. And then we go on to Cox + Sanford. Wow.
Has to be in the top 5 all time Devils wins that I reckon, when you consider the past few weeks, or even past 18 months.

NathanG

Can't believe it! Immense performance! Not the same watching it on freesports. Part of me wishes id called in sick to work tonight!

sjkelly07

At 1 nil, I actually took a photo of the scoreboard, just to prove we led a game against top Swiss team Lausanne. But the team were relentless, to a man they battled for every puck, finished their checks.

You can already, at this early stage see the style of hockey coach Skalde is wanting this new Devils team to play. High tempo, speed, composure are a few points. The transition from defence to attack is superb, I barely recall the Devils dumping or icing the puck. It's so so exciting for the season ahead, that this team can come together under all the adversity and put in a 60 minutes like that.

Also credit to the off ice team, sound was definitely better than Thursday, the CHL anthem audio worked. The Welsh anthem was much better. I could see an improvement from Thursday with regards to mask wearing, the marshall on entry to the building told us to keep the masks on for the duration of the evening, more announcements from Sully, messages on the big screen, also credit the steward stood by us, she put the question to anyone passing without a mask.

Rempel16

And they never did what happened tonight. ;)
They never won a CHL game? I think you need to recheck the results.

Your previous comment made me laugh. ‘Lots of people criticising but I can’t back it up with evidence so I’ll pretend they’re too scared to come onto the inferno’. Hahaha- such a scary place, this.

BostonBart22

Amazing turnaround from thursday, think the devils were boosted playing against a team wearing steelers colours, thats a 2 goal start to any devils team... like another post a great thanks to our coaching duo, also anthem, announcements for mask wearing and most of all players and fans, big improvement all round, good to see stewards going into the crowd as well asking to put masks on instead of chin wearing them, drakeford will sleep better now..Iwas one who thought we will get thumped last night, so i will do the same thursday and hope wrong again...wink wink..cant wait for the lge season to begin..

Mazzoak

They never won a CHL game? I think you need to recheck the results.

Your previous comment made me laugh. ‘Lots of people criticising but I can’t back it up with evidence so I’ll pretend they’re too scared to come onto the inferno’. Hahaha- such a scary place, this.
Never said they’d not won a CHL game. The back up evidence is the Twitter membership to Devils compared to the Inferno, nothing to do with being scared, just content. ;)

Eynonz

To not concede 6 v 4 on the penalty kill, against that calibre of opposition, and with tired players was also special to watch.

Going to have to buy a CHL shirt now, as I told myself I would if we manage to pull off a CHL win this season.

Slartibartfast

Richie was superb tonight. Saw him play a whole 2 minute penalty kill, making three blocks in the process. Proper leadership. Defensively superb as a team tonight. We shut out the neutral zone well but as a result we didn’t commit too much forward so we didn’t spend a great deal of time recycling the puck in their zone. We seem to be happy to let them come at us. May be that’s how you play these better teams with deeper rosters. No idea but when we did go forward we looked a handful. The forecheck was aggressive as well. Everyone seemed to finish their checks. That Dixon line looks a belter.
The season is looking very bright. Speed, skills and tons of commitment. Love it!!
I also noticed that it was a very different style of play to Lordos time. I wonder if that was due to the opposition being so dangerous, Skaldes approach or Kelman/Elson. There wasn't the usual cycling the puck in the corners. It was a much more defensive game playing on the break. It reminded me of how Dundee used to beat us. Frustrate the hell out of us with solid defensive then score when we were mentally broken.
I think we are going to see some exciting hockey this season. I can also see Ben Davies fitting in well with this style when he returns.

Rempel16

Never said they’d not won a CHL game. The back up evidence is the Twitter membership to Devils compared to the Inferno, nothing to do with being scared, just content. ;)
How is that evidence? You’re comparing followers of a recognised brand on a global social media outlet, to an independent forum, which many have never even heard of.

You specifically said that people are scared to come on here, yet your evidence shows nothing of the sort.

But if you’re insistent on it- then people must also be too scared to join steel talk and the cage- both of which get less subscribers than their club Twitter accounts.
Absolute nonsense.

You clearly had a personal vendetta against Lord (who’s record speaks for itself).

As for your other comment about never saying they’d not won a CHL game - I can’t wait for your explanation of what you meant then… bear in mind the Devils have never played Lausanne previously so obviously won’t have done what they did last night before.