Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 22 - 16:00 FO

moggy#9

That period didn't feel quite as intense, but this is still a very good game. The devils pk looks so much better when they just concentrate on clearing the zone rather than looking for a SH opportunity.

On a random thought, although he's a defenceman, does lalonde remind anyone else of Denis chasse in the way he skates and stick handles?

Mooney#16

Crawford is a ‘turn over’ machine!
He’s also a points machine and went into tonight as teams top points scorer in the league. What point are you trying to make? Assume you’re not proposing to gas the teams top points scorer and league leading defence man so what is your getting at. Seem to remember Hotham, Fournier, Register all suffered the same criticism as in they are risk v reward players but there is no disputing they produce.

moggy#9

He’s also a points machine and went into tonight as teams top points scorer in the league. What point are you trying to make? Assume you’re not proposing to gas the teams top points scorer and league leading defence man so what is your getting at. Seem to remember Hotham, Fournier, Register all suffered the same criticism as in they are risk v reward players but there is no disputing they produce.
Crawford's production is great. The usual question is whether the pairing are right, and if the forwards have the awareness to cover for that sense if adventure.

That’s a big win that. Guildford really pressed at the end there, and whilst we did concede the one on the power play, I thought we looked quite solid.

We’re still outsiders for the league, but that win was the absolute minimum for staying in touch. If we can get another win of any kind tomorrow we are in the mix.

Really enjoyed that! Leaving with a spring in my step and at 60 that's not a bad thing!! Seen the comments about Crawford. Very similar to those about Gleason at the start. To me Crawford is a keeper, will only get better! The other Fournier is not bad either! Happy New Year my Devils friends!!

E.D.S.

The point I’m making is that he gives the puck away a lot. Pretty clear from what I said really. Places us under unnecessary pressure.

E.D.S.

Good win. One way traffic for much of the third. Locke is a cracking defender for them and Tait has some serious speed. Still not retaining the puck as much as we should but we hung on in there. Waller was superb tonight and I thought Penny defensively was great.
Fournier will need time but what a way to make your debut. An assist and the kind of goal we’ve all been craving.
The right call to send Martin for two for illegal equipment but when the Flames player is behind the net with the puck with his chin strap undone and EVERYONE is looking at him that is the most bizarre call to miss - or is that not illegal equipment?
I’ve not heard a clipping call for a while either and kudos to Todd for the shirt off his back prank.
Steelers top of the league. The Giants back in the mix too. Should be a cracking half of the season if we can keep taking points from one another.

Swarley

Great result, my only one complaint is the fact Kozun was ran twice and nothing was done about it, flames number 18 should of been tilted soon as he was out the penalty box.

The team finally looks like it's firing on all cylinders, just gotta keep it going now.

E.D.S.

Great result, my only one complaint is the fact Kozun was ran twice and nothing was done about it, flames number 18 should of been tilted soon as he was out the penalty box.

The team finally looks like it's firing on all cylinders, just gotta keep it going now.
Tough one given the precarious score line and the opportunity to take a power play but may be its one for tomorrow.

Wannabe2

Really enjoyable game today, flames are a huge threat but we’re never in charge today, great to see Sanford back Kozun is certainly on a roll with another class performance. When we play as we can this team is as good as anyone, but need to be on our A game against Steelers, obviously I am no coach but I would hit anything that moves from the get go against Steelers, and try to throw them off their game. Obviously we need maximum points tomorrow which is no given thing against a very good team, and we need the Storm to play out of their skin tomorrow. But what a turn around at the moment to be talking about we are still in it as opposed to wondering if we will finish 4/5th. Anyway happy new year all you lush people, have a great night and the best new year ever.

TL91

Brilliant result tonight. Atmosphere was great as well after what felt a few quieter ones the last few home games. Everyone seems to be playing for each other now, lots of bodies blocking shots whereas before it was so easy to get round certain individuals.
Another solid game from Kozun too…really glad to see him have a run of games. How he plays the puck out gives us another dimension and a quick opportunity to attack.
Role on tomorrow!

Diablo3

Crawford's production is great. The usual question is whether the pairing are right, and if the forwards have the awareness to cover for that sense if adventure.
As you say Crawfords production is great, with his type of player, his good work outweighs any defensive errors. He is also young and only going to get better. I thought the D was pretty solid tonight against a very good flames team.