Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 22 - 16:00 FO

Rempel16

Some people on here are looking a bit foolish now after recents comments condemning DuPont to be sacked and likewise comments this team won’t challenge and is the worst in Devils History or very near to that !!!
In fairness change was needed… we were cantering towards the remainder of the season being dull, uninspired, uninteresting and likely unsuccessful.

Something needed to be done. The team, a couple of weeks ago, looked like they were playing for their jobs. And now we’ve had two solid additions, one of whom looks like he’s going to liven the hockey up.

So I’d suggest those criticising Dupont included (internally) the management / owners as something has clearly changed.

Swarley

Tough one given the precarious score line and the opportunity to take a power play but may be its one for tomorrow.
Fingers crossed they deal with it tomorrow, how he got away with it twice baffled me because the refs showed once again just what clown shoes they are with the b/s calls and dopey positioning

Wannabe2

Some people on here are looking a bit foolish now after recents comments condemning DuPont to be sacked and likewise comments this team won’t challenge and is the worst in Devils History or very near to that !!!
It’s a different scenario now though, the team were threatened with sackings unless things changed, additions that were hugely needed were made, players that were passengers got their arse into gear if they wanted to stay. Watching the last two home games as opposed to past games is like chalk and cheese, so no one needs to look foolish as they were spot on, and the management also seen it and responded in the professional manner that sorted it. So now we move on as one Red Army and it’s looking pretty bloody neat from my seat.

moggy#9

The improvement that have happened have been to do with new personnel and motivating, by whatever means, those who were underperforming. Had the issues not been called out, I don't they'd have been addressed, and the predictions would have played out. Problems remain however, though things like the pp and the PK appear to be getting better.

When we talk of new additions, I really think Fournier can be a game/season changer for the Devils but Herrman I don’t see doing much at all and definitely being scratched as soon as someone gets back.
I understand that someone has got to have the mantle of lowest rated player but I don’t think he would get an import spot anywhere in uk. Just being someone with a passport that could come straight in and fill out the roster
Hoping to be wrong on this obviously.
How much ice time did he get today??
Watched webcast and can’t remember seeing him and definitely not mentioned in commentary.

moggy#9

When we talk of new additions, I really think Fournier can be a game/season changer for the Devils but Herrman I don’t see doing much at all and definitely being scratched as soon as someone gets back.
I understand that someone has got to have the mantle of lowest rated player but I don’t think he would get an import spot anywhere in uk. Just being someone with a passport that could come straight in and fill out the roster
Hoping to be wrong on this obviously.
How much ice time did he get today??
Watched webcast and can’t remember seeing him and definitely not mentioned in commentary.
As a matter of interest, how much ice time did Brandt get? I don't recall seeing the 4th line very much at all on the webcast.

Kevlar68

I said that this team was the worst I've seen, dull, Grey, boring with little chance of winning anything and up until start Dec I stick by that opinion as you can only judge what your watching at the time.
Great win against a team we really needed to beat, let's keep this good run going.

august04 2.0

Good game that, as they usually are against Flames, who I thought played well too. Very pleased with the contribution of Fournier, who seems to play with an edge but is also very aggressive and a real menace in front of the net, something we've been crying out for. He could get a lot of goals for us. As for kingmo's comments, I stand by every criticism I’ve made about this team. We badly needed to bring in a player or two to halt the malaise being shown way too often, but also needed a change of mindset too - fair play to the club management, they look like they’ve found someone decent but also with a positive attitude which I think will help this team no end. We're now seeing a much more committed team who look like they want to play for this club now. Will we win silverware? Who knows, but I think we'll be seeing much more entertaining hockey from this team in the weeks/months ahead. This was the first Flames game that I’ve seen IAW this year where I felt we had them physically, great to see that and long may it continue! And Kozun should start tomorrow too. He’s our hot goalie right now and we should stick with him while his great form continues.

As a Devils fan, all I want is to be given a team that plays Devils hockey. Most of the members on here understand what Devils hockey is: hard, fast, skilful and very physical. We don't play dirty but we put out fires remorsefully. When we play this brand of Devils hockey we win games and ultimately titles. I don't expect to win every game or trophy, but I do expect to see Devils hockey! Before tonights game, this season was devoid of Devils hockey. Tonight...it came back!

Fournier is the big bad winger we have been crying out for all season! But with him arriving, we have seemed to have been given another new player. Brittain moving to centre is a revelation. I have heard from people who will remain nameless that he is not a crash bang winger but a centre who wanted that role. He had a very good game tonight and I will hold my hand up...I wanted him gone!

This team now Fourns has arrived, has been given the balance that was so desperately needed. The management saw it it, and all of us saw it, and it was addressed!

Remember when Weller arrived, when Strachen arrived, they kick started a vanilla, languishing Devils season. I'm excited again!! If we beat Guildford tomorrow, which we can...let's have you Sheffield!!!

OJLloyd2

Guildford are currently the measuring stick, so tonight was good.

I think Hermann will grow into his position, bring a new pro. It would be unfair to judge him on his first few games in a mens league.

Fournier has been there and done that, and so his immediate impact makes sense. But his willingness to get in front of the net and be a pain is what we’ve been missing on the power play.

I think Crandall has showed a lot this season, and particularly today.

I’m hoping this awakening in the team is going to translate into a deep run towards the end of the season. But with Louis and Fournier I’d be surprised if many times want to mess with us going forward.

BostonBart22

Great result, my only one complaint is the fact Kozun was ran twice and nothing was done about it, flames number 18 should of been tilted soon as he was out the penalty box.

The team finally looks like it's firing on all cylinders, just gotta keep it going now.
Agree, but at that time the first incident, we were only 1 up I believe and the flames player was given a penalty against him ,so we were on the pp, if it had been 3 or 4 goals up , yes pummel the player responsible but we needed the result first against a very good flames team. Points in the bag first then give that player a slap with about 2 mins to go.

BostonBart22

Great win against at the time top of lge team, that last 6 mins was edge of seat stuff as I thought we were tired and flames had a buzz about them but glad we got the EN to calm us down...now the officials, what is it with any incident the 4 of them got to have a conflab by the sin bin, it happened more times last night than any other game this season, 1 of the refs was awful, not rose the other 1, think he's a newbie to the scene, at 1 point rose had to have a word with him about a call on a devils player waller I think, and rose waved the play on at the time, those conflabs just slow the game down , just saying.

lloyd_jeff

We arrived at it was a joy to behold, we can only get stronger from now and it’ll be a very good run in. I think the gantry needs to be lowered, the lack of oxygenation, not good.

The_Stick_

Great win against at the time top of lge team, that last 6 mins was edge of seat stuff as I thought we were tired and flames had a buzz about them but glad we got the EN to calm us down...now the officials, what is it with any incident the 4 of them got to have a conflab by the sin bin, it happened more times last night than any other game this season, 1 of the refs was awful, not rose the other 1, think he's a newbie to the scene, at 1 point rose had to have a word with him about a call on a devils player waller I think, and rose waved the play on at the time, those conflabs just slow the game down , just saying.
James Ions. Was a linesman previously.

fridaysfingers

To be fair, it’s not an easy job and we are not overrun with referees in this league so although it isn’t ideal if it’s a way of getting things right while on the job, then so be it.
Unless they were actual reasons for their conflabs.

Getting prepared to put my tin hat on for sticking up for the referees lol