Devils Vs Flames - League - 31st Dec 22 - 16:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
The first of our double header games against league leaders Guildford Flames. 2 wins and a favourable wind and we could be top of the league at the start of the year ..
Lets not get ahead of ourselves though ...
Guildford will be hurting after back to back losses against Manchester and will be looking to get back on track. Devils have put together a run of form and will be débuting their new signing. A proper 4 point game

voth26

We know how the flames play so we need to be aware of them obviously, but need to play our game stay disciplined and play a full 60 plus game both nights. For me with respect to Bownsy but Kozun has to start he's in hot form at the moment and deserves his run in the team.

BostonBart22

A must win home game, lose it and then lose sunday the title will be out of reach imo especially as we have shuff and giants next 2 at home , hoping for split weekend anything else a bonus

Diablo3

A must win home game, lose it and then lose sunday the title will be out of reach imo especially as we have shuff and giants next 2 at home , hoping for split weekend anything else a bonus
As the results have shown over the last couple of weeks, nothing is written in stone even if we lose this weekend. However I am optimistic we can pull off at least a split if not more.

lloyd_jeff

Win is a must, we’ve been showing our potential, the slump should be behind us, players should’ve been drilled all week on the glaringly obvious shortcomings. Management & owners have spoken, they’ve every confidence in this team, it’s coach & our style, so tonight & the remaining season its go time, the talking stops, let the pucks see the net, hopefully not our end. Flames have burnt a little too hot recently causing cracks to appear, their not unbeatable, so expecting a really tight, entertaining game, can’t wait.

moggy#9

It's going to be an interesting game tactically. The first period is going to be about dictating how the game is to be played and smothering Guilford's style. They're the top team, and we have to give them respect for that. I'd love to see some big hits early on to get the flames looking over their shoulders but, given the weakness of our pk, we're probably going to need to be disciplined and stay out of the box.

I'd certainly give kozun the start, based on form - but given the run of games we have, he needs to get a rest at some point. Bowns still gives me kittens when he's in goal.

If Fournier is going on a line with brittain and Waller, that could be very interesting. Those two could create a lot of space for Waller to enjoy, and make sure that he has protection from cheap shots.

moggy#9

Well that was an entertaining period of hockey. I'd be shocked if this match doesn't end without a toe to toe. Hopefully someone will sort out that PoS Ferguson.

The devils really do need to sort out their defensive assignments though. They look a mess 4 on 4.

Really entertaining game so far.

We seem to be avoiding the collapse in front of the net as much as we were 5 on 5 (we have done it twice though).

Fournier seems like a very useful addition, and his presence is annoying them/getting us a goal already.

Run of games seems to have done Kozun some good. Still seems odd to see Bownsy sat on the bench though.