Devils Vs Braehead - September 20th - 7pm - Chat Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Hey Hey, this week the Devils take on the Braehead Clan at home in Cardiff Bay on Saturday night.

You can check out our preview of the game on the front page

The Devils will we guess have a web cast running ( will add link when thats confirmed).

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting can be reached during the game as always using matchnightlive@gmail.com or possibly the twitter account - https://twitter.com/theInfernoCoUk

Have Hope#35

What a fantastic game, it had everything... Even yet another useless referee! Things seemed to completely change for the Devils after Big Doug completely owned Frank! A couple of sloppy goals to allow Braehead back into it but so glad that we pinched it in O.T after Frank the Plank took a stupid penalty for Slashing Lord! Anyone see Hudson's apparent Check to the Head only I missed it and wondered if the ref actually got a call right?

BostonBart22

thought the ref had 2 good periods then missed a lot 3rd. nice to see the plank get tanked after a cheap shot on clarkson behind the net, deserved win in the end. mr finnerty got quite aggresive as well after the game down by the referees room, he was :x :x :x

jimmy snels

KaneDevils said:
Apart from jumping the gun a bit in the third, I thought the ref did very well.

Missed a couple both ways but let it stay physical without getting stupid. Would rather him than Darrell or hicks!!!!

drainage

Have Hope#35 said:
What a fantastic game, it had everything... Even yet another useless referee! Things seemed to completely change for the Devils after Big Doug completely owned Frank! A couple of sloppy goals to allow Braehead back into it but so glad that we pinched it in O.T after Frank the Plank took a stupid penalty for Slashing Lord! Anyone see Hudson's apparent Check to the Head only I missed it and wondered if the ref actually got a call right?
Hudson said he hit him in chest ........not head , guess we wait and see

Slartibartfast

Finner has trained his team well in how to play dirty, chippy hockey but also how to play with intensity.
That was a good team who worked as hard as the Devils always do. And the Devils work damn hard every game.
The standard of the opposition has been excellent this year but no matter what is thrown at them (including a lot of 5 on 3s) the Devils find a way to win. I love this teams spirit and determination.
Speaking of 5 on 3s they are not really a disadvantage when your 3 are Hudson, Marsh and Lord. How good are those three guys defensively.
Also how good was Joey Martin tonight. Finnertys clones just couldn't handle him so they resorted to trying to batter him instead.
I know Im rambling now but I just lurve this team.
Not enjoyed my hockey this much since the Lawless Moria McEwen days

Earnie

Nitra said:
Can we PLEASE keep Todd Kelman on the mic, he was like a breath of fresh air.
I agree - but please turn the volume down a bit. When you can't communicate with the person next to you then it''s far too loud.

As for period breaks volume - needs to be 50 per cent down on tonight's volume.
Great result.
Wonderful spirit and effort by the team. I hope on appeal the match penalty will be withdrawn but other incidents need review by the Dept of Player Safety or whatever!

Slartibartfast

Earnie said:
Nitra said:
Can we PLEASE keep Todd Kelman on the mic, he was like a breath of fresh air.
I agree - but please turn the volume down a bit. When you can't communicate with the person next to you then it''s far too loud.

As for period breaks volume - needs to be 50 per cent down on tonight's volume.
Great result.
Wonderful spirit and effort by the team. I hope on appeal the match penalty will be withdrawn but other incidents need review by the Dept of Player Safety or whatever!
Yes it was a tad loud. My 4 year old had his hands over his ears. Liked the OTT North American style announcing though.

kettdevil1

Slartibartfast said:
Finner has trained his team well in how to play dirty, chippy hockey but also how to play with intensity.
That was a good team who worked as hard as the Devils always do. And the Devils work damn hard every game.
The standard of the opposition has been excellent this year but no matter what is thrown at them (including a lot of 5 on 3s) the Devils find a way to win. I love this teams spirit and determination.
Speaking of 5 on 3s they are not really a disadvantage when your 3 are Hudson, Marsh and Lord. How good are those three guys defensively.
Also how good was Joey Martin tonight. Finnertys clones just couldn't handle him so they resorted to trying to batter him instead.
I know Im rambling now but I just lurve this team.
Not enjoyed my hockey this much since the Lawless Moria McEwen days
Totally agree.

jimmy snels

Although lord was our obvious MOM, two other candidates stood out Fitzgerald and frank cost their team that game. Some of the stupidest pim's I've ever seen

mazza03

Finner was going mad at the end because he said there was a man is the crease (so I heard) weather true or not....who knows but he went nuts. :eek: :eek:

drainage

mazza03 said:
Finner was going mad at the end because he said there was a man is the crease (so I heard) weather true or not....who knows but he went nuts. :eek: :eek:
He was outside refs room faster than Usain Bolt would have made it!! Saw couple clan fans doing the "in the crease" movement too ......still he gave the goal result stands :D

Finny

Did anyone actually see the Check To The Head incident? Everyone I spoke to missed it as they were watching the scuffle behind the net behind the play.

I wonder whether the Frank check was caught on camera and if so whether the Devils will ask for that to be reviewed too. It was late, both his feet clearly left the ice as he jumped into it to ensure his elbow made full contact with Clarkson's head.

As for the game, it was again fantastic entertainment and although the Clan deserved their point the Devils definitely deserved the win. Braehead started the better and bullied us a bit in the opening exchanges to take a deserved lead and it took us about 10 minutes to really settle. Once we did though we played some devastating hockey and the Clan lost all their discipline.
Having been caught by Frank's flying elbow, Clarkson dished out another beating and although it was his last action of the game it had the desired effect. Just 9 seconds later Ben Davies was caught napping at the face off to allow Martin to waltz straight through and setup Lord for the equaliser on the PP.

Clan were rattled and on the very next shift Fitzgerald went chasing a personal vendetta behind the net, leaving loads of space in front for Marsh to glide into and fire home for the lead.
Still worked up, Fitzgerald then gave away a silly cross checking penalty and on the PP Devils went 3-1 ahead when Hotham was left in space after a well worked move.

Devils faced a 5-on-3 pp at the start of the 2nd, both penalties looked soft compared to what had previously been let go, and just as they got back to 4 skaters Kavanagh fired a one-timer from the slot.

The game got increasingly niggly and nasty and it was only a matter of time before another player got hurt. As I said I didn't see the hit that earned Hudson a match, but Fitzgerald took out his own retribution and got 2+5+10+Game for fighting and continuing to fight an unwilling opponent.
It gave the Devils a powerplay and some tic-tac-toe passing saw the excellent Lord tap in for the 4th.

The Devils were starting to look comfortable with their two goal lead but with seconds left of the period a defensive lapse in concentration saw Ben Davies steal the puck and somehow it was bundled home by Haywood.

A Braehead powerplay early in the third saw the Clan get their equaliser when Bowns was unable to hold the first shot and Aarssen was first to his own rebound to knock it home. Both sides had chances with Morissette hitting the post in the dying minutes but the game went deservedly to overtime. With two minutes gone Lord was mouthing off with a Braehead player only for Frank to stupidly slash him from behind on his legs. It gave the Devils another pp and after several chances Haddad fired through traffic for the winner.

As I said earlier, a fantastic game with a great atmosphere generated by both sets of fans. A crowd of 1972 was our biggest of the season so far, things are looking very good in Cardiff at the moment.