Devils Vs Braehead - September 20th - 7pm - Chat Updates

Finny

There was definitely a player in the crease interfering with their netminder. Pity it was one of their own defencemen.

Gough60

What a game of hocky.
Two (one yet to lose) skillfull teams thrashing it out, with one of them getting beat for the first time. WELL DONE DEVILS. :D
Couple of minor observations that I'm sure will not be to everyones liking:-

1. Keep Todd on the mic. Fresh, enthusiastic, passionate, and mixed up the music (though that may not have been down to him).
2. WHY oh WHY does Matt ALWAYS give away a 2 min. minor behind their gaol when the puck is mid ice.
3. Ref was ok though missed some big calls. (Plank leaving the ice as he charged Doug. though we all know how that ended.)
4. Why are we not showing the game promo's (on youtube) before each game. Are the people who prouduce these vids not being allowed to show them due to copyright or some other reason.

Will keep it at that as dont wish to ramble.
This ownership/management/coach/team/fans, have turned this club around. What a joy it is to look forward to being entertained each weekend. With a new rink we are a club that will have it all. Who knows even a trophy (that would be nice). But if the product remains as good as it is now, they WILL come.
In bucket loads. :RAWK

KaneDevils

I saw the hit from Hudson. My initial thought was, huge hit but fair. Would have to see it again though to be sure. The player caught reacted like he was hurt and then got up as soon as the fight broke out. I guess that kind of influenced the refs decision?
Brilliant game, thoroughly enjoyed on the webcast. Thomas the tank is a jerk btw, did some silly things throughout the game, got ko'd by Clarkson, horribly slashed Lord and lost his team the game. Cheers Frank ;)

Comments from me are:

1. Always missed Frank the Tank and had a quite nostalgic view of him; a nice guy off the ice and a very hard hitter on the ice. However, he cost his team the game with that silly slash in OT. No idea what he was thinking, maybe he thought he would get away with it. It made me remember the real Frank the Tank - someone who could hit well, but took far too many silly penalties that cost us. I'm glad he's not on our team anymore for that reason.

2. Kelman on the mic was good! He's a real salesman. Was expecting the cinema tickets giveaway, but it was a great idea to get the pizza man involved as well! You can just imagine him going up and doing his sales pitch to anyone and everyone. We are very fortunate to have him and have lacked in this department for a long time. But as others have said, please turn the volume down a bit if you do it again!!

3. The Clan Fans. Brilliant. Always love them coming down. In the past they have out-chanted us, but last night both sets of fans were going for it. It made for a fantastic atmosphere.

4. I noticed a lot of newbies there last night, couldn't have watched a better game that should entice them to come back! I prefer Sunday games, but you have to wonder if the bumper attendance was due to the fact it was on a Saturday night.

All in all, fantastic. I'm really enjoying hockey again for the first time since the record breaking season!

Ocko

Game to forget for Frank the plank. KO'd and cost his team the extra point with a dull needless penalty. I wouldn't have him over any of our D.

Great game of hockey from what are the two most intense teams this year. Perfect game for a big attendance to get fans coming back, of those 1900 or so I doubt if any had any reservations about coming back. Todd was also great on the mic.

Dougie deserves a mention, gave Frank a pasting and his fight sparked the team for a few quick goals, for the second week in a row. Shame he is hurt, hope it's nothing serious as I think it's his hand that has kept him out in the past. He is a real catalyst for this team.

Myers was also good again, the amount of dirty work he gets through is crazy. I'd be amazed if anyone throws as many hits as him per game. He may not throw massive hits like Hendrikx, Mychan or Lord but he certainly gets through a lot more than anyone else.

What an entertaining team we have, skill, physicality and work ethic in abundance. A great feel good factor amongst the fans is back and a passionate owner who strives to make things better not just for a quick buck for himself but for the enjoyment of home and away supporters. What a difference.

Ocko

Also, our powerplay is on fire. I've not seen us with such potent special teams in the EIHL era. Previously we've always been quick to defend past coaches and players blaming the size of the rink for our misfiring PP but Lord has managed it perfectly fine this year.

Ocko

I'd like to think we'd have the foresight to think he may get cleared. Afterall even if the ban stood the worst that would've happened would be that he'd just watch the game and support the team.

drainage

Ocko said:
I'd like to think we'd have the foresight to think he may get cleared. Afterall even if the ban stood the worst that would've happened would be that he'd just watch the game and support the team.
He told his Mum and Dad they wanted it reviewed last night .....am guessing he travelled hoping it would be. He said he hit him in chest not head so seemed to think it would be revoked

Finny said:
As I said earlier, a fantastic game with a great atmosphere generated by both sets of fans, and Todd Kelman. A crowd of 1972 was our biggest of the season so far, things are looking very good in Cardiff at the moment.
Thought I'd change that for you Finny :lol: