Devils Vs Bison - 21st Sept - Updates and Chat

Damn right Hinks is injured - he's playing with a sprained fanbase !

In 20 proud years of watching the Devils I have never seen a time like this. We are either the Detroit Redwings or the "worst team in the EIHL era" depending on results. It's pathetic ! Less than a month in and players are getting either worshipped or crucified (sometimes both) and some of the critiques of individual performances are laughable. Players being criticised for shipping goals without being on the ice, top point scorers being insulted because they did not convert all their chances on a night when none of their team-mates did either - it all smacks more of what some of us criticise the Blaze and those teal & orange guys of, not what the proud and loyal Devils fans are known for ! We have the finest owner in the league, and in our own history. We've got a strong, committed squad. We are in a fantastic financial position.
Apparently though, the fact our top scorer isn't Mike Bossy, our intro doesn't work as well as one that has been around for 15 years, our rink is not the Air Canada Centre, we are not already running away with the league and we generally do not crap trophies every shift seems to be a problem. Without wanting to be criticised for being all ra-ra and such, is it not just time we all "went for it" and gave it 100% ?

I may well be mad but I just don't see the problem with the 2008 / 09 Cardiff Devils. Maybe we should try turning some of our insight on ourselves and our own behaviour ?

Hutch

I may well be mad but I just don't see the problem with the 2008 / 09 Cardiff Devils. Maybe we should try turning some of our insight on ourselves and our own behaviour ?

Hutch - all due respect - this is a place where opinions are aired.

The Devils are, granted, in a very favourable position right now and I think every fan is thankful for this, but that doesn't mean fans cannot provide some constructive criticism regarding the teams or individual players, or even just vent their anger, just as you have done now. What would be the point in an open forum otherwise??

OK, it's early days but opinions can still be formed - first impressions and all that. We only need to look back at last season and see the lambasting Sly had from some of the fans! Sometimes support waivers, it's natural.

The nature of sport is to enjoy it, but when your team loses it is very difficult not to deconstruct the performance and find fault.

Just my thoughts.