Devils Vs Bison - 21st Sept - Updates and Chat

3-3, devils are firing on all cylinders by the sounds of it but cant get past reiter. in the 2nd and 1st period they out shot basingstoke 38-16.
If you'd like to follow the game just go to mnl

oneill said:
Mike how do you think Goulet has done for yous so far this season?
Steady is probably the best way to describe him at the moment, although he did start to play the body a bit more against you lot last night, has been a bit of a gentle giant.

Still waiting for him to drop the gloves, looking at some of the guys he's fought it could be rather interesting :)

Not a great game Stupid call on Cornish 2 min slashing 2 mins roughing would have been more like it, but that call turned the game into a joke. What a great net minder the Bison have landed could have been a cricket score if not for him.

steve

Flame me if you will, but...

If Silverthorn is here to be our first line centre, he has got to put the puck in the ****ing net!!!! I don't know how many chances he needs - yes he created some great chances, but if you can't finish them...!

I still cannot understand why Stone is getting so much ice time! Why have we signed 4 import D? From my viewpoint Stoney failed to clear for their first 2 goals.

Good to see Jay tonight, i think he looked pretty tired after the 1st, but i don't think we can blame him for that.

I think the lads thought the win was in the bank before they stepped onto the ice. Oh, and why did it take until 10 seconds left for Aubs to get pulled?!?

Chris

Administrator
Reiter - Christ what a netminder, made some bloody brilliant saves and generally a brick wall in our way, the Bison didn't play great and i'd say Reiter is the only reason we didn't end up with a score like yesterday.

Stone - Just what does he do, Adams said recently that "Adams plays the same game everynight, and that's what we need" Not if he's a liability we don't, at least the import D seem to have more to their game than just dumping the puck, which Stone doesn't even pull off everytime.

Finishing - The amount of chances we created is unreal, but we just can't finish anything, quite possibly the most fustrating game i've ever seen. We should've scored at least 10 tonight with the amount of chances we had, 22 shots on goal compared to 6 for the Bison in the 2nd period...

The team seems to be working, and we have flashes of brilliance, they're just overwhelmed by the flashes of mediocracity, hopefully as the season progresses we can improve on things.

Chris.

Wannabe2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing no one could fault tonight was the effort, there was plenty of that. Bisons netminder was awesome, and it just turned out to be one of those games, have seen many like this one before, and probably will see more again. Like the look of Latulippe, he looks the business

Skippy

Good close game.
I think we all expected a repeat of last night but the Bison really stepped up a gear. Reiter looked awesome he got some lucky bounces but he still did really well.

Wannabe2

Actually the game tonight was enjoyable, there nettie did stand on his head, and it was a pretty fast game, yes we lost, and we will lose again, but i for one am glad i went ,as i watched a good game of hockey, and some good goals and hits

Snifferdog said:
Not a great game Stupid call on Cornish 2 min slashing 2 mins roughing would have been more like it, but that call turned the game into a joke. What a great net minder the Bison have landed could have been a cricket score if not for him.
As cf38 said Cornish hit Prpich in the face with the but end of his stick, fair enough Prpich was probably mouthing off at Cornish but thats what he is there for :)

Not sure about stone being at fault for the goals, but I know I would put anderson down for 2 of their goals due to being completly out of position. He looks like a great player when we are on the powerplay, he controls the play and looks very comfortable receiving passes on the blue line and also has a cracking slapshot. But he does seem to leave a great big gap in defence quite frequently which in my opinion led to 2 of the goals tonight (I think he knew it for at least one as he gave an apologetic look over to the bench.)

Overall I don't think we played badly, we should have scored a truck load today but didn't due to a mixture of bad luck the goalie being outstanding and some below par shooting. But it is good to see that the team can pass the puck and look dangerous and are creating chances. Our powerplay looks like a real pp now unlike previous seasons where we dumped the puck then lost the puck then dumped it again.

why is it that when the team loses people moan and make out their terrible, then when we win everyone says how amazing the team is??
Give them a break, i missed the game but it sounds to me if it weren't for the goalie it would have been a wipe out.

Unfortunately, while we created a lot of chances our shooting was woeful!! Reiter played very well, but we missed so many rebound chances in particular.

It seemed as though the team expected to win in the first, played superbly (as we should have played throughout) in the second, and once we were level we expected to win in the third.

I don't know why we wern't throwing any hits. We play our best hockey when we play with a physical edge, but this was lacking tonight.

The postives are that we are creating a lot of chances and with better finishing it could have been double figures.

I think my biggest issue (apart from the shooting) was that aside from the second period we didn't seem to play as a team. There was some tremendous individual play and we have a lot of talented players, but felt with a more controlled, team-orientated approach we would have been more successful. It almost seemed like our players were trying too hard.

A has already been said, although we didn't score on the PP tonight, I'm sure we'll have success on the PP this year. It's already looking a huge improvement on last year and Andersson is a big reason why IMO.