Devils v Vipers - Sat 24th 7pm - Chat/Updates

All i will say is that i was not happy with the reaction from Block 2 this evening, regardless of what the Vipers fans were doing there was a guy in a terrible condition off the ice, and all block 2 saw fit to do was chant 'sit down shut up' at the Vipers fans, it left me hacked off, especially when the slow clapping/stomping started! it's not like you were being kept waiting on purpose.

As for the Vipers fans not being happy with something, i cant say i'm suprised there are a lot of Devils fans in Block 14 that make it their mission to make the away block an uncomfortable place for people and it was only a matter of time before someone bit back. I know i've bitten back to them numerous times. There seemed to be Vipers fans directing their attention mainly towards the back of Block 14 and it is these fans that i have had 'dealings' with in the past, they will comment and defend anything Cardiff and throw slurs and stereotypes about the away fans, and i'm suprised they bother to sit next to the away fans and get annoyed when the away fans support their own team.

In my own rink i sit far away from the away fans as i know their own bias annoys me, i wonder why other fans at other rinks dont do the same, if they cant keep quiet when serious issues happen such as tongiht.

I'm sure if it were a Devils player being helped off the ice, there would be uproar if opposition fans had sung and clapped the way Block 2 had tongiht. I know this wont be a popular view but thats how i feel. Quite prepared to get flamed to be honest! I still will feel disgusted at what i percieved to be poor actions, No matter what anyone else argues.

As for the game take nothing away from the Devils they deserved the win, and by the end of the second it was game over with lawson going in net, we will never know how many the Devils would have got tongiht in the third though, as after the injury to Marhle the Vipers players looked flat and uninterested in the outcome of the game, hardly suprising really though.

A couple of weeks ago Gazza272 said to me that he felt we would be better with Voth on the first line alongside Smith and Birbraer. I wasn't convinced........

He got Lucky :twisted:

Would have taken a one goal win after ryan's injury in the third. I was a little bit worried about the lack of medical cover at the rink and the length of time that it took for proper medical help to be applied. The player should have never have been carried from the ice. I hope that Ryan makes a speedy come back and i look forward to seeing him back at the tent fit and well in the near future.

mazza03

I forgot to say, and I never thought I would say this.................... but I thought Hicks called a good game :shock: but why was Jay given a ten minute misconduct? What did he do? :?:

Well only one team turned up really.

Devils first line was amazing, 6 of the goals coming from them and Voth, Smith and Max either scoring or assisting it.

Devils MOM's were Voth, Smith and Max.

Hicks was ref - didn't call anything near ZT but IMO was equal for both teams. Mahrle(sp) left in an ambulance. Looked like to me: Mahrle skates in towards boards to collect puck and Voth goes in behind him, looked like minimal contact Mahrle stops suddenly to trip/slip headfirst into boards. His helmet coming off BEFORE hitting the boards..... doesn't look good at all really. He was helped up by the kit guy and Longstaff towards the changing rooms, he cannot step up off the ice and has to be carried and looked like to collapse in Longstaffs arms. he is laid down and eventually a strecher is called for (why not whilst he was on the ice who knows). He's being treated on the floor for ages, whilst devils fans get up from their seats and where they are standing to walk over to where he was on the floor to look. Gerad gets off the ice to shoo the fans back to their seats who has to tell them at least twice. IMO this was disgusting, and there were children watching. What if he had swallowed his tongue, or been fitting, and children were watching it........
SO well done Gerad.

Only player who really stood out for me was Petricko. Donish looks very fast and skilful but defensively poor tonight.

Holland will be missing from tomorrows game as he fought Hayes, which looked like Holland jabbed Hayes a few times, Hayes hits him square in the face with a left and then its all Hayes after that, Holland leaves the ice bleeding.

Hope Mahrle is ok....

I must have missed the slow hand claps, but I heard the "sit down shut up", and wondered what that was going on. But to be fair block 2 couldn't have seen he was still being treated as he was there for ages. I thought it was just a response to what Vipers fans were doing/saying.

There was a doctor with the player on the ice and he actually walked in front of the player while he was being helped off the ice. To be fair the doc didn't leave his side.

DevilDom

Holl_5 - I am sorry but i have to take exception to your view of the Devils fans in block 2.

The Vipers fans were trying to make something of nothing and blame Voth for an incident that was clearly a horrible accident. The Vipers player slipped taking Voth with him and they both crashed into the boards - it was an accident, nothing more.

No fans like to see any player in such a bad way and the Devils fans showed this by standing to applaud the Vipers palyer off the ice. However, the Vipers fans then tried to put the blame at Voths door (an easy target in this league) and the Devils fans in block 2, and surrounding (I was in block 3) took exception (rightly) to this.

Th truth of the matter is that had voth been at fault then surely one of the vipers players would have sought retribution, but no this was not the case. There were some words exchanged but the Vipers players saw it for what it was - a horrible accident. End of. Nothing else to report. So stop being a WUM and stop trying to make a players injury into a reason to slate the Devils fans.

Finny

Hang on a second, I sit in block 3 and I only heard the back of block 2 chanting anything after the Newcastle fans had started to lose the plot and start their own chants.

There were several Newcastle fans at the front of their group who were shouting at Voth and blaming him for it. Can't remember what it was they said, but it was something that got a response from several fans in block 14. One of the Newcastle women then jumped up, shouted "Come on then" and gestured as if she wanted a fight.

It was only at this point that I heard the boys at the back of block 2 chant "Sit down shut up - sit down shut up." The Vipers fans then started their "Vipers chant", and then some of our fans started a slow handclap. With the player still being treated I felt both were not needed and was glad when they both quickly stopped.

The only other chants I heard the block 2 crew sing were "Can we play you every week?" - surely that's not offensive is it?
When the Vipers then scored they started shouting abuse at Crisp telling him he was "rubbish" etc, and chanting "1 shot 1 goal, 1 shot 1 goal". So when he then made a save the block 2 lads chanted "2 shots 1 goal, 2 shots 1 goal".

Always good to see Cardiff City fans getting the blame as always. Let's be honest - if it had been us then we would have gone over to the Newcastle fans, beaten up all the men, raped the women, chopped up the kids and added to them to a post-match kebab.

Hang on a minute Holl-5, This following statement is bang out of order "As for the Vipers fans not being happy with something, i cant say i'm suprised there are a lot of Devils fans in Block 14 that make it their mission to make the away block an uncomfortable place for people and it was only a matter of time before someone bit back. I know i've bitten back to them numerous times. There seemed to be Vipers fans directing their attention mainly towards the back of Block 14 and it is these fans that i have had 'dealings' with in the past" I stand at the back of block 14 and have done since the opening of the rink and what you are saying is total tripe, no-one up there makes away fans feel uncomfortable, that is total crap and you saying vipers fans were directing their attention mainly towards the back of block 14, that is also crap because i didn't see or hear anything?????

Ger-Devils

That woman was annoying in the away end. I was in Block 1. The noisy one even tried to drop a shoulder into my mate as we left the rink for some reason.

Great win tonight. Showed how good we can be. Some of the passing for the goals was outstanding. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow in Nottingham

Ger-Devils

I would have given MOM to the team tonight to be honest. Great display by all of them. Good to see Crispy get some ice time tonight and he did well. Some nice saves

Dai Vader said:
Hang on a minute Holl-5, This following statement is bang out of order "As for the Vipers fans not being happy with something, i cant say i'm suprised there are a lot of Devils fans in Block 14 that make it their mission to make the away block an uncomfortable place for people and it was only a matter of time before someone bit back. I know i've bitten back to them numerous times. There seemed to be Vipers fans directing their attention mainly towards the back of Block 14 and it is these fans that i have had 'dealings' with in the past" I stand at the back of block 14 and have done since the opening of the rink and what you are saying is total tripe, no-one up there makes away fans feel uncomfortable, that is total crap and you saying vipers fans were directing their attention mainly towards the back of block 14, that is also crap because i didn't see or hear anything?????
I sit at the front of block 14 and also sat in 17 in the old rink and had no problems there either. I agree that no one makes away fans uncomfortable either, how many have to 'bite back'?

It was the Vipers woman who felt the need 10 minutes after the incident while Mahrle was waiting to be put on the stretcher to scream 'Hicks your a disgrace' that led to the reaction from people in block 14, with most people just shouting 'It was an accident'. There had been perfect respect and silence for him until the Vipers fans started shouting and he had a huge round of applause twice as he was lifted up and as he left the ice, so to blame the Devils fans is utter rubbish!

drainage

Holl_5 said:
All i will say is that i was not happy with the reaction from Block 2 this evening, regardless of what the Vipers fans were doing there was a guy in a terrible condition off the ice, and all block 2 saw fit to do was chant 'sit down shut up' at the Vipers fans, it left me hacked off, especially when the slow clapping/stomping started! it's not like you were being kept waiting on purpose.

As for the Vipers fans not being happy with something, i cant say i'm suprised there are a lot of Devils fans in Block 14 that make it their mission to make the away block an uncomfortable place for people and it was only a matter of time before someone bit back. I know i've bitten back to them numerous times. There seemed to be Vipers fans directing their attention mainly towards the back of Block 14 and it is these fans that i have had 'dealings' with in the past, they will comment and defend anything Cardiff and throw slurs and stereotypes about the away fans, and i'm suprised they bother to sit next to the away fans and get annoyed when the away fans support their own team.

In my own rink i sit far away from the away fans as i know their own bias annoys me, i wonder why other fans at other rinks dont do the same, if they cant keep quiet when serious issues happen such as tongiht.
Excuse me .... I sit in block 14 and take exception to your comments. Several of the Vipers fans were spoken to by stewards with a couple using language not wanted when there was a party of kids behind me. No steward spoke to any Devils fan and the Devils "baiting" was sit down and shut up .... heard far louder from block 2. If your logic is that no one sits by away fans please explain where we sit away fans given every block is next to another ???? I suggest you keep your comments to yourself its exactly the type of wind up you infer is happening in block 14.

And defending your team well 1. Thats a fans job 2. There was nothing to defend 3. When did supporting your team become a no no 4 in my view the Devils fans and players were respectful of the incident 5 No one minds any away fan supporting their team for home and away fans it should be able to be heard in a family environment

Who the hell is Holl-5 and what are they on. I sit in Block 14 at the front and I was also shouting at the silly woman. She was blaming Voth a good five mins after the player had been taken off the ice. All anyone was shouting was 'its an accident' which it was I also so heard
her say 'come on then' as it to bait someone, thats when Block 2 started. Most people were quite concerend about the player especially when he collapsed as he was getting of the ice.

Noone has ever made away fans feel uncomfortable, but you will always get some reaction to chants or comments.

If I were you Holl-5 I'd find a dark room and lie down.

By the way great result Devils

http://www.vipershockey.co.uk/news-131-ryan-mahrle-injury-update.html

Is anybody else really annoyed at the awful way he was picked up off the ice....... I'm not commenting on his injury - as like the link above says - nobody should spread rumours (aka Hutchins "tracheotomy") but it is pretty much the first rule of any accident that clearly involves head/neck/back - that you DO NOT MOVE them both immobilise the head and back to prevent futher injury.

I know some people will argue that you can't do this with every hockey accident - but when a helmet has come off and a player has then hit the boards and have someone land on their head/neck/back - it SHOULD have happened!! I don't care if he was saying he was fine or not.

I'm sincerely hoping he is fine and wish him a speedy recovery - but I think some serious lessons need to be learnt to protect all the players.