Devils v Stingrays - 30/10 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils are 1 import down on D, Richardson is also missing from D and it's rumoured K Smith is carrying an injury...

Hopefully Michel will be back to his usual spot on the 3rd line and we can instead actually give Symonds some meaningful ice time.

Not too sure about the Stingrays roster, but they're missing 3 or 4 brits through injury, not sure on their imports.

This really is a must win game for us in the CC, i'm not sure where we currently sit in the table, but I guess a draw really isn't going to do our chances any favours whatsoever.

Chris.

ASHIPP

Of the 6 games in 9 days for the Devils, this is one they HAVE to win to strengthen their position in the CC table to qualify. The Devils are not safe yet. :?
Anything less than that will put extra pressure on them to get their final qualifying points against Panthers, home and away, in November - not an easy task. :eek:
The 'Group of Death' is still open for some teams to qualify - anything could happen.

James

Administrator
We are second in our table a point behind the Sqeelers but with a game in hand
Code:
Sheffield Steelers	played 6	points 7
Cardiff Devils		played 5	points 6
Coventry Blaze		played 5	points 5
Nottingham Panthers	played 2	points 1
Hull Stingrays		played 2	points 1

Must win game!! If there was one game I wanted us to win in our crazy strech, it would be this one. I really think the CC or playoffs could be ours this year!

It's not gunna be easy - Stringrays are gunna know we're short on D right now! I just hope we can grind this one out, I don't mind if it isn't pretty!

I know we could still quailify if we do lose, but it's gunna be very tough against the Panthers twice!

Remember if it does come down to goal difference, ours has taken a battering because of 'that' match against the Blaze.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #7
Not anymore!

Since the Blaze took over the ownership, they've changed the faceoff times on a Sunday to 6pm, I don't know if the Saturday times have changed as well, they used to be stuck between public skating a friday night public skae, but i've got a feeling that's been moved.

As for tomorrows faceoff time, I could be wrong, I just assumed it was a Saturday game and therefore 7pm faceoff...

Chris.

Ger-Devils

James said:
Code:
As it stands, Steeers played 7 points 9

kettdevil1

Ger-Devils said:
James said:
Code:
Wouldn't be the worst result in the world, the Panthers would really be up against it to qualify. Perhaps a draw might be a better result though?

Ger-Devils

kettdevil1 said:
Ger-Devils said:
James said:
Code:
Wouldn't be the worst result in the world, the Panthers would really be up against it to qualify. Perhaps a draw might be a better result though?
Well it's Steelers played 7 points 7.
Panthers Played 3 points 3. 4-2 up in the 2nd they are

I fear we are going to have to win the group to do anything in this cup. Finish runner up in the group and your going to have to overcome Belfast over 2 legs to progress to the final.

ASHIPP

buzzwagon said:
I fear we are going to have to win the group to do anything in this cup. Finish runner up in the group and your going to have to overcome Belfast over 2 legs to progress to the final.
Which the Devils have done before! :D :D If the Panthers qualify, I wouldn't fancy anyone's chances against them in the latter stages.

TheStub

If you qualify it is wide open. Any team in this league can beat any other on a given night, so I'd take Belfast or Breahead. You will only need to face the demon in the final anyway.

I'm just hoping for a good result tonight, and then we just need something out of Nottingham to make it through IMHO.