Devils v Steelers - Double header thread - CC & League - Chat/Updates

Well that's a great response from the team but it feel like I've posted this for the last 3 weeks, a bit of consistency would be good now starting with a very tough midweek game against the Clan.

Good to see Bentivoglio and Doucet getting on the score sheet, let's hope this is a sign of things to come

BostonBart22

the team and coaches must have had a right roasting last night,, hats off to them especially after the dismal display last night, well done doucet, onwards and upwards.

Wow, what a fantastic response from the team. Whatever Lordo said last night obviously worked. Recently we couldn't buy a win in the house of tin then 2 wins on the bounce.
Well done Mad Dog, well done Lordo, well done Hotham and well done the team. Let's move forward and bring these results at home.

august04

Regardless of whether Bowns is injured or not, I think Murdy deserves more ice time than he's had to date. I've seen him in Coventry and Sheffield now and been very impressed. He certainly has more to offer than your average Elite League back up goalie and maybe his presence makes our defence realise that they need to play a tighter game too. Good job tonight.

matbur

Didn't catch the game but wow!

Murdy starts, our second line start scoring and we win against a team who outclassed in every department 24 hours ago. Hockey huh...

Well done Devils, let's use this as a benchmark now and establish some consistency.

Slartibartfast

Ok. Now for some positivity. What I saw tonight was
1. Murdy have a great game. (Possibly making the save of the season)
2. The defence clearing the rebounds
3. Simple plays to clear the zone
4. Finishing hits when it mattered.
5. Doucet breaking the duck because he was where he belongs (in front of net sniping rebounds)
6. Ferocious forechecking meant that Steelers attacks were frequently broken up
7. Accurate shooting
8. Slots from the slot not from wide.
9. Defencemen playing defensively most of the time.
10. The ability (again) to dominate possession and territory for prolonged periods
11. Martin Mo and Asselin back together

Even when we lose I still think Devils have the best team in the league despite my criticism of certain games. Steelers are a group of individuals. Devils when playing for each other and getting the little things right are the best team in the league.
Well done Devils. Lets have more of the same.

Mooney#16

Cardiff 2 league points. Sheffield 0 league points. The weekend is done. Onto the next. It's a long road with good days and bad. Never lose sight of the end game and trust in the path you've chosen to get there.

Well done Devils players. Louis for being a gamer. Doucet for staying the course and sacrificing.

jimmy snels

Im really suprised (in a good way) with tonight. What changed? Were threats mate? Were tactics changed? God knows i guess, but what ever it is keep doing it it clearly it worked

august04

You'd hope at some point our top enforcer might have enough of Fitzgerald going after louis as well
I left before the handshakes last night but I think I noticed Bordy fist bumping tonight rather than shaking hands. I'm wondering if he injured his hand in the Klotz fight, which would explain why he didn't go this weekend.

jimmy snels

I left before the handshakes last night but I think I noticed Bordy fist bumping tonight rather than shaking hands. I'm wondering if he injured his hand in the Klotz fight, which would explain why he didn't go this weekend.
That would. Was amazed last night he let desbians get away with that slash. Good spot!