Devils v Steelers - 27/11 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

drainage

I don't think anyone will argue the Haddad hit on Neilson was bad. But it was missed because the puck was gone and the officials were watching that.

But was it really that much worse than Fitzgerald's hit on Lord shown on the highlights?
Not really the difference was cut vs no cut doesn't make the no cut check any less a penalty !

This is what I ripped out of the code when the page loaded, I believe it its the full article....

The injuries are a major source of frustration for Thompson, who has criticised officiating in three recent matches.

At Cardiff, Thompson said Guillaume Desbiens was interfered with off the puck as he tried to close down a Cardiff scorer.“It should have been a minor penalty. I don’t know what the referee isn’t looking at.”

He was also bewildered that a goal judge was able to sprint to the timekeeper’s box to influence the disallowing of a Steelers goal.

“That’s another new one, because in Edinburgh the other day the goal judge banged the glass and said to one of our players: ‘Go and get the referee, that didn’t go in.’ So we went and told the referee and the he still gave the goal he didn’t even confront the goal judge. “Levi Nelson gets cross checked to the face, (by Haddad) he gets five or six stitches in his lip, he’s in a bundle in the corner, they get a six on five they score from that, that’s not called. We start thinking crikey it is not going to be our day.”After Sunday’s defeat, Thompson was approached by Cardiff’s ex NHLer Patrick Borderleau, who said he’d never witnessed refereeing like it.However, Thompson accepts his own team, while performing well despite injury absences, has some disciplinary issues.

“Frustration gets to Dessy (Desbiens) and we have got to be better there. We know that; he gets thrown out of the game, so we are three centremen down. The Fitzy (Zack Fitzgerld) takes a stupid penalty at the end of the game...”*Steelers have confirmed they are “tying up some loose ends” in their attempt to bring defenceman Jace Coyle back to Sheffield. READ MORE:

Wannabe2

This is what I ripped out of the code when the page loaded, I believe it its the full article....

The injuries are a major source of frustration for Thompson, who has criticised officiating in three recent matches.

At Cardiff, Thompson said Guillaume Desbiens was interfered with off the puck as he tried to close down a Cardiff scorer.“It should have been a minor penalty. I don’t know what the referee isn’t looking at.”

He was also bewildered that a goal judge was able to sprint to the timekeeper’s box to influence the disallowing of a Steelers goal.

“That’s another new one, because in Edinburgh the other day the goal judge banged the glass and said to one of our players: ‘Go and get the referee, that didn’t go in.’ So we went and told the referee and the he still gave the goal he didn’t even confront the goal judge. “Levi Nelson gets cross checked to the face, (by Haddad) he gets five or six stitches in his lip, he’s in a bundle in the corner, they get a six on five they score from that, that’s not called. We start thinking crikey it is not going to be our day.”After Sunday’s defeat, Thompson was approached by Cardiff’s ex NHLer Patrick Borderleau, who said he’d never witnessed refereeing like it.However, Thompson accepts his own team, while performing well despite injury absences, has some disciplinary issues.

“Frustration gets to Dessy (Desbiens) and we have got to be better there. We know that; he gets thrown out of the game, so we are three centremen down. The Fitzy (Zack Fitzgerld) takes a stupid penalty at the end of the game...”*Steelers have confirmed they are “tying up some loose ends” in their attempt to bring defenceman Jace Coyle back to Sheffield. READ MORE:
And then the cock shows how his team should be more disciplined by throwing their sticks up in the air in temper, dick head.

E.D.S.

Body could have been referring to anything though..... unless he skated over and went "two of our goals should never have been given as they were clear penalties. I've seen refereeing like it!". Could have been referring to Fitzy getting away with punching Lord first and then repeatedly Hotham. He could have been referring to the slash that he took off the play. Absolutely anything. The game is one for the history books now. Bottom line for me is that we took 4 points this weekend whilst not being at our best. Finding a way to win is key to winning any championship. I'm hoping we've done that. Nice one boys.

august04

To be honest I think it's extremely classless and out of order for Sheffield to name him in that article when I'm sure it was clearly an off the record chat. The depths that they sink to never ceases to amaze me.

Gazza272

He did last night.

The whole point of signing Bordy, as has been stated many many many times on the thread when we signed him and here, his role and signing was to defend the team and take the necessary to either prevent or remove the kind of cheap shots that where made on Devils players last night.

Other teams have a green light now, touch a Devils player as much as you want, nobody is going to show up and call you out.

I don't see the point of having an enforcer that cannot be used in case he gets binned or placing him on a line that does not mark the guys doing the cheap shots, that's their role after all.

Bordy may as well have been more use getting binned, at least he'd have warmed up the showers for the team.

firstly, while you believe he made a statement last night with his displeasure. the truth is very much different, in fact he made a point of tweeting a Devils fan today to make the very point that him not fighting was the right call last night as we won the game.

I also don't remember many infractions from Fitzgerald once Bordy had the quiet word with him after the Hotham Scuffle. Maybe his little chat worked? thats enforcing for me, not dropping your mits every 60 minutes.

firstly, while you believe he made a statement last night with his displeasure. the truth is very much different, in fact he made a point of tweeting a Devils fan today to make the very point that him not fighting was the right call last night as we won the game.

I also don't remember many infractions from Fitzgerald once Bordy had the quiet word with him after the Hotham Scuffle. Maybe his little chat worked? thats enforcing for me, not dropping your mits every 60 minutes.
Fitzgerald pushed Bordeleau once he entered the ice and also Fitzy cross checked Myers 8 times after being 'told off'. Fitzy was well up for a fight with Bordy, make no mistake. As it goes Fitzys behaviour cost them the game and Bordy did the right thing ( not out of his choice as I am sure he would have wanted to give Fitzy the fight he wanted)

Electro

It's standard practice to write into a sports persons contract clauses that include how and what you comment publicly on social media etc about the club.

So no l believe in game actions tell more truth than public statements.

I keep repeating this, lm not a fan of fighting. The Devils brought in a fighter, not for his scoring abilities. I know some feel his presence is a deterrent, this game though proved his is not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

It's standard practice to write into a sports persons contract clauses that include how and what you comment publicly on social media etc about the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's not true. It's desirable but not standard. I'm guessing you don't know for a fact but are speculating in very much the same way I am (albeit my speculation is with experience).

I'm wondering when this topic will come to a natural end and be locked. The usual happens.... game ends, decent debate and differing opinions emerge on the interpretation of the fame, then we hone in on a player or Coach and then we target the poster for a finale. Can't imagine it'll be open long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza272

Fitzgerald pushed Bordeleau once he entered the ice and also Fitzy cross checked Myers 8 times after being 'told off'. Fitzy was well up for a fight with Bordy, make no mistake. As it goes Fitzys behaviour cost them the game and Bordy did the right thing ( not out of his choice as I am sure he would have wanted to give Fitzy the fight he wanted)

If you think any deterrent in the world is going to stop a D man trying to clear his crease (which is ultimately what fitzgerald was trying to do in a boneheaded way) I would have to disagree. I don't like that incident to the off the play glove punches, which did stop once Bordeleau had a word.