Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

Re: Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updat

BostonBart22 said:
whats happened to our two dummies stood on the players bench, ok franny is a good recruiter , but for me they dont get the team fired up when the chips are down , they both should have being laying into those players after going 4...2 down , no time out, no shouting , its as if they have booked their summer holidays and just wanted the season to end last night. :x :x
And next door on the Stars' bench was Marc Levebre constantly talking to his players, encoraging them, getting animated and all the time assessing the game.

Well timed time-out by the Stars when the Devils equalised. Dundee scored v quickly to take the lead and killed Devils' momentum. Think many in the crowd were waiting for our time-out after that and even after Stars' 4th goal but it never came.

backrow

Devils had full possession coming out of their end just before the Stars tied it up and no one picked up Clarkson in the slot area.

Could turn out to be a huge defensive play by Culli coming back to tie up the other forward without taking a penalty on the play where the net came off.

Nice to see one on the PP but the Devils need the next one now!

Diafol

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

See you in Nottingham ! Well done guys, an awesome job in pulling that rabbit out of the hat :Banana

Rich Best

Yes we were bad last night but hundreds of people didn't bother to turn up to support and the atmosphere was crap. We have turned it round and done it tonight. Up yours to all you negative Nay Sayers!

Foxy

Rich Best said:
Yes we were bad last night but hundreds of people didn't bother to turn up to support and the atmosphere was crap. We have turned it round and done it tonight. Up yours to all you negative Nay Sayers!
Harsh the players didnt look as though they wanted it last night. Totally different mentality tonight but they should never have put themselves in that position........

Hey ho well done devils

pjj365 said:
Attendance last night sureky had more to do with

1 Massive hype last weekend about last game of the season - confusing to newbies
2 A lot of people rate the leauge but not interested in playoffs
3 It is the Easter Holiday - schools out

Don't think we should read too much into lower attendance figures Anyone know what they were
Attendance was abysmal in Nottingham last night too.. Easter Weekend is not helpful. Anyway I am a Panthers fan and I am really happy you guys made the weekend, You have an amazing set of fans, always loud and proud and it would have been cruel to see you crash out. Will be a cracker of game on Saturday afternoon and I will be hoping you beat the Blaze... Good luck and hopefully see you in the Final.

BostonBart22

what a difference with hendo on defence wake up and smell the coffee lordo and sign him for next season, ;)

Wannabe2

Well fair play to the lads they dug deep tonight, Stars players looked knackered in the 3rd, the road trips took there toll.

Unbelievable to turn that around from the dross they served up last night, but well done guys.

Makes you wonder which Devils team will turn up in Nottingham, no second chances saturday

august04

Great comeback tonight, perhaps a few home truths did the team some good. The end result overall is only what we should have expected though against the 7th ranked team. We made that tie far more difficult for ourselves than it should have been given the league disparity between the two teams and the travel advantages we had over Dundee. Just a shame the Devils put on a display for the Dundee paying public instead of their own! How did the D pairings go tonight, did Batch move to the wing? Still doesn't change what we need to do for next year for me, but at least we can put that thread off for another week.

backrow

Certainly a great turn around performance by the Devils. Also wonderful to see the number of loyal fans that travelled all the way to Dundee to continue their support for the team.

Andrew Lord said in his post game interview that the lineup had to be changed after the warmup because of injuries and illness and credited the players efforts when operating at less than 100%. That sounds like heart and character to me.

It's interesting to note the losses by Sheffield and Braehead. Some posters don't like to give other teams credit at times.

Happy Easter to the Cardiff Devils and their fans!

august04

Rich Best said:
It's no surprise that the play offs are poorly supported across the league. It's a farcical format and we place so much emphasis on the league title. Given that, plus the Easter weekend, I didn't think the turnout last night was that bad! Regardless of how many were there last night, the team still stunk the place out and owed the Cardiff public a better performance than that quite frankly. Got the job done tonight though and the play offs just got a little easier with Sheffield out.

ASHIPP

Fantastic turnaround to give fans and team something to smile about. Had to check result twice! Got to feel for Dundee who came so close. Their fans have a team to to be proud of.

Lordo says changes were made to the team because of injuries and illness. Would like to think Hendo played tonight because his skill was needed and for no other reason. Doesn't exain why he has been left out for other games. Played well tonight as did others.

This team can dig deep - they will need to against the Blaze.

KaneDevils

Sometimes negativity can be misinterpreted. It's about being honest. As paying fans we have the right to 'have a go' should the team underperform, the same as we jump for joy when we win. Last nights comments were not negative, they were honest. We were poor. Not good enough. End of. We've turned it around and were delighted, of course. Lets not get too carried away though. We've beaten a team, who finished 7th in the table, on aggregate, by a single goal. We now face the Blaze, who, have shown, can beat anyone on their day. We will have to be very close to our best to beat them and reach the final. Can we do it, yes. Will we do it? Depends which Devils team shows up really. And no, i'm not being negative. I'm being honest.

Well done Devils, and good luck! :Banana

Slartibartfast

The Jekyll team turned up tonight. Passing was accurate, they were more physical and much less errors.
Surprised to see Doucet not playing after the beauty he scored last night. Maybe he is ill or injured.
I watched it on streaming but could not work out the line combinations on my little screen with constant buffering. Can anyone tell me what they were?