Devils v Stars - 01/01 @ 16:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

voth26

No messing about on Sunday Devils, get the job done properly no giving the stars a head start in this one. For me Bordy has to be out early doors and set the tempo and tone from the off with some big hits, if this happens then I think the likes of Batch, Louis Myers and Haddad will follow suit. For sure we need everyone taking the body and finishing checks, forecheck constantly and plant a bloody player in front of the Nettie to take his eye. Sounds easy from my chair lol

ASHIPP

Despite the Stars losing to Flyers earlier this week, they outshot Fife 43-27 on goal:eek:. Looks like their philosophy is 'shoot at every opportunity' - our Guys will need to be rock solid to deal with that. Dundee pushed them Cardiff all the way in our home leg of CC two weeks ago. They also have Cescon and others back from injury and will be desperate for a win.

We've seen Devils Hockey at its very best against Blaze in out last home game. More and more and more of the same, please.

Russky

It will be a tough game for the Devils. The Stars will still be smarting from their loss to Fife and being shut out by Braehead last night. I agree with Voth26's post but as Ashipp stated, Dundee do have quite a threatening and effective offensive unit as they proved against the Caps recently.

Last edited:

Finny

According to the Devils Twitter there are less than 200 tickets left, so if you want to go get those tickets asap!

A sell out on NYD against Dundee woukd be very impressive!

jimmy snels

According to the Devils Twitter there are less than 200 tickets left, so if you want to go get those tickets asap!

A sell out on NYD against Dundee woukd be very impressive!
Perhaps the big ending and return to actually hitting the opposition made a few who would be undecided bite at the opportunity. Id also say the 4pm faceoff on a day barely any one works encouraged a number of families as well. Great stuff either way

Rob Batch

Crappy New Year !! Scottish types seem to like Hogmany, which I assume refers to ' eat many hogs !' I've no idea. If all they have been doing is eating pork and Dundee cakes then our job should be easy ( due to chubby slothness !) Happiness to everyone, can't wait for tomorrows game. I'll talk more rubbish then !

nicky27

Do people think the 4.00 pm face off could be a way forward now we have our own arena? Seems popular today but it could be down to bank holiday.

voth26

Do people think the 4.00 pm face off could be a way forward now we have our own arena? Seems popular today but it could be down to bank holiday.
if it went to 4pm fo on Sunday on a regular basis I wouldn't see many games as I work most sundays and don't finish till 4.30ish then have to travel to the game, so for me its a big nono 6pm is fine. the Devils looked at changing Fo times last season and it was decided to leave it due to the amount of people who couldn't or wouldn't come to games

E.D.S.

I'd be in favour of a change but someone will always be disappointed if it does or if it doesn't. I think the Devils tried a vote not so long ago, so I think it's done and dusted.
At the end of the day, if it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legin

Well one member of my family can't make it today due to earlier face off and if they moved to this time next season would not be buying a season ticket.

Ocko

Divided opinion before. Personally I like it and know a number of people who would get season tickets if it changed to an earlier time on a Sunday. Equally seems a number of people who would be against it.

Russky

Meanwhile back at the game:

Yay. Devils win, unusual for A Hotham to lose his cool . Bad thought process for Fournier too taking the gloss off a good win. Wondering if DOPs will take the Fournier penalty further. On the positive side 6 out of 8 points during this holiday period and the Devils developing a 'nasty edge' now Bordy seems to have been let loose to cause havoc.

JC23

Meanwhile back at the game:

Yay. Devils win, unusual for A Hotham to lose his cool . Bad thought process for Fournier too taking the gloss off a good win. Wondering if DOPs will take the Fournier penalty further. On the positive side 6 out of 8 points during this holiday period and the Devils developing a 'nasty edge' now Bordy seems to have been let loose to cause havoc.

Watching the webcast, I said straight away "that's a ban". 1 game is likely, but knowing DOPS this year if there is a ban, it'll be totally disproportionate.

voth26

It will be interesting to see if Fournier is banned seeing as Fitzy who had 2 game ban last season and was called a repeat offender for the same thing I think was ejected from our last game for the same thing wasn't banned?? will be interesting watch this space