Devils v Stars - 01/01 @ 16:00 - League - Chat/Updates

voth26

To be fair to Fournier he doesn't take that many major pms and if anything isn't that physical as he could be, so something clearly pissed him off in the game for him to do what he did

Russky

I will be watching the Elite site closely to see if the DOPS take any further action against Fournier and Hotham, as there was a statement recently regarding a policy change of a supposedly a 'harder line' taken against 'abuse of official' penalties.

James

Administrator
I will be watching the Elite site closely to see if the DOPS take any further action against Fournier and Hotham, as there was a statement recently regarding a policy change of a supposedly a 'harder line' taken against 'abuse of official' penalties.
I'd assume that would be more down to physical abuse than calling the ref a twat at the end of the game though. (actual words used may differ)

dave

No reviews:

Manchester Storm forward Mark Heatley 2+10 checking from behind penalty from the game against Sheffield Steelers on Sunday January 1st.

Coventry Blaze defenceman Josh Godfrey 2+10 checking to the head penalty from the game against Belfast Giants on Monday January 2nd

REQUESTED REVIEWS

Fife Flyers have also asked for DOPS to consider supplementary discipline for Edinburgh Capitals’ Michal Dobron

Devil_Abroad

No reviews:

Manchester Storm forward Mark Heatley 2+10 checking from behind penalty from the game against Sheffield Steelers on Sunday January 1st.

Coventry Blaze defenceman Josh Godfrey 2+10 checking to the head penalty from the game against Belfast Giants on Monday January 2nd

REQUESTED REVIEWS

Fife Flyers have also asked for DOPS to consider supplementary discipline for Edinburgh Capitals’ Michal Dobron
As per the DOPS guidelines - so Dundee did not request.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

Abuse of Official calls aren't reviewed unless it's physical abuse (I.e a Match Penalty). It's impossible to video review a verbal abuse of official. The only time I would imagine anything said would be bad enough for a referall anyway would be a racist/homophobic/sexist slur - of which I don't believe Hotham would ever be guilty of. Not sure why there was any fuss about it really he only had a 10min misconduct, like it was ever going to upgraded.

jimmy snels

Am i right in thinking if you get 3 its a match ban or something? Vaguely remember someone (chris frank?) getting that a few years back ?

Russky

No reviews:

REQUESTED REVIEWS

Well that's a relief. Really feared the DOPS were going to come down hard on either Fournier or A Hotham.

Also thanks to Ocko for his explanation/ clarification of the abuse of official penalty.