Devils v Panthers - League - 24th Mar 24 - FO 1600

Have Hope#35

I think it was worth 2 mins. The way the player went down didn't help. He went down like he'd been hit by a truck. Far too much of this coming into our game. When there's a high stick, there's big head flick and a covering of the mouth with the glove and when people get a nudge from behind they do that daft slide down the boards. Friend did it in Belfast following the softest of taps from Barrow. The curtains came out like at the Grand National, like they were about to shoot him and amazingly he got up and skated off. Then there's Greenfield last Wednesday - made of glass.
The player (McGurty) was genuinely out of it leaving the ice and was struggling to stand... Almost certain he left concussed and didn't return to the game! It's one of those hits where a player spins just as contact is made so unfortunate for Pietroniro but probably the correct call on the night!

E.D.S.

The player (McGurty) was genuinely out of it leaving the ice and was struggling to stand... Almost certain he left concussed and didn't return to the game! It's one of those hits where a player spins just as contact is made so unfortunate for Pietroniro but probably the correct call on the night!
I'm not convinced about concussion. The impact was low. It was more awkward than anything. Not worth a major in my opinion

Have Hope#35

I'm not convinced about concussion. The impact was low. It was more awkward than anything. Not worth a major in my opinion
I'm almost certain it was concussion... He was like Bambi by the bench and he was really struggling, you could see it in his face! Based on this seasons similar calls it was a major, not sure it's any more than that though.