Devils v Panthers - League - 24th Mar 24 - FO 1600

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
1711094325653.png

Bit late getting this thread up, but my excuse is that i'm still revelling in the defeat of Sheffield on Wednesday!

Anyway, following that game the league table looks like...

1711094136807.png

We're firmly settled in second, Panthers firmly rooted to the bottom of the table but are getting the odd result that shows they can still be a dangerous and winning team. Hopefully a good match ahead, Panthers trying to claim a playoff space, Devils trying to build momentum towards our playoff run!

Panthers play at home against the Steelers on the Saturday which might dictate the team that turns up on Sunday...

ASHIPP

Panthers playing for their lives in the playoff race can see them beating steelers and losing 4..2 to us.
May be the other way around ....our Guys have had a couple of disappointing games against the Panthers this season. Mind you, it would be wonderful for them to beat the Steelers in the NIC this weekend, home of the Panthers.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

We can do this with the resources we got at the moment , no need to risk busch and ully back , just hope they possibly be back for the playoffs with ully favourite out of the two

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #12
Seems like it might be end of the 2nd period now, Devils 5-4 Panthers!

Surely an entertaining game with this many goals?

Hedd Wyn John

Our discipline has been poor but they've been playing too lackadaisical. Thinking the game was won when it wasn't, pushing dangerously high on the PK and making silly passes and basic failure to clear the zone multiple times. Sloppy.

I have not posted here for a while since today was only the 2nd game I have attended since early February and I thought I’d give it a try after what was apparently an outstanding performance against Sheffield.
I left the arena when Nottingham scored their 4th to equalise at 4-4.
Words fail me as to describe our performance and capitulation in that 2nd period!

Unfortunately, for every performance like Wednesday’s there’s a handful of almost indescribable showings waiting around the corner.
We were 3up and coasting against a very poor Panthers, by far the worst team in the league!!
I am lost for effing words!!!!

Last edited:

GAVIN

Can seem to get up for a big game and be so poor against an average team... same things happen year after year and never been addressed and probably won't either... it will be the same excuses time after time blaming covid and all bollocks... that was best part of four yrs ago and each and every year its the same problem.... Some serious changes need to made.

BostonBart22

Got out of jail there, panthers deserved more than us, short benched as well as playing last night., think Chad will get another 3 game ban plus another 1 on top repeat offender. Ah well hope that was our last bad game out of the way, was bowns pulled or came off with a slight niggle ? Well done to the kids on running the show tonight, they really enjoyed it by the sound of it.