Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Updates

jimmy snels

Re: Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Upda

Mooney#16 said:
Just one criticism of last night. The fan who gave Ling's stick back over the glass. No no no man / lady. You got him back into the play. Be smart out there people :evil: :lol: :evil: :lol:
Now you mention it all of us at the boards behind the goals were gobsmacked he got that stick back! Answers ranged from " leave it there" to " id have teased him with it" to " id have thrown it further" :lol:

Wow!!! What a performance last night. As far as I'm concerned the best of the season. The intensity of the Devils play and In particular the forechecking was incredible. I felt tired just watching it. I don't know what Lordo can do to maintain that level in the team but it does bode well for the end of the season to know they have that level in them.

The atmosphere was brilliant, the loss of the PA at the start added to the atmosphere especially the spontaneous rendition of the anthem.

Salters was a good choice for motm, a huge performance, but you could easily have awarded it to anyone in the team. Workrate, tenacity, discipline, teamwork was there in every player.

Salters putting Janssen on his arse and Lawrence's hilarious collision were the cherries on the cake to a great evening in Big Blue Tent.

Red Army!!!!!! Ole ole ole ole Devils Devils!!!!!!!!

Couldn't make it to the game, but going on what everyone's saying on here and the highlights from Ice Time it sounds as though it was a cracker!

Good to see the boys were right back on it for this game after last time, and the atmosphere sounds like it was jumping after the PA broke - anyone wonder if they'll make use of that stuff as standard (i.e. just have the fans sing the anthem for big big games)?

Agree with what others have said re when the PA comes in during breaks in-game, there are times when the crowd start to get going and then some music comes on which kills it dead.

Only other slight criticism is the fans singing ole - when I went to the Blaze game, we weren't great in the first period and the score was 1-1 and yet you could hear some fans trying to get that going. Could just be me, but that's not something you sing cause you're bored/to create atmosphere, that's something you sing when you're winning & winning well...

Have Hope#35

sionlikesmusic said:
Couldn't make it to the game, but going on what everyone's saying on here and the highlights from Ice Time it sounds as though it was a cracker!

Good to see the boys were right back on it for this game after last time, and the atmosphere sounds like it was jumping after the PA broke - anyone wonder if they'll make use of that stuff as standard (i.e. just have the fans sing the anthem for big big games)?

Agree with what others have said re when the PA comes in during breaks in-game, there are times when the crowd start to get going and then some music comes on which kills it dead.

Only other slight criticism is the fans singing ole - when I went to the Blaze game, we weren't great in the first period and the score was 1-1 and yet you could hear some fans trying to get that going. Could just be me, but that's not something you sing cause you're bored/to create atmosphere, that's something you sing when you're winning & winning well...
"Ole... Ole, Ole, Ole Devils... Devils" is always sung! Nothing to do with boredom!

sionlikesmusic said:
and the atmosphere sounds like it was jumping after the PA broke - anyone wonder if they'll make use of that stuff as standard (i.e. just have the fans sing the anthem for big big games)?
Personally I still like it when the girl sings the anthem, in fact more and more fans seem to be joining in with her.

mazza03

phil PLT said:
sionlikesmusic said:
and the atmosphere sounds like it was jumping after the PA broke - anyone wonder if they'll make use of that stuff as standard (i.e. just have the fans sing the anthem for big big games)?
Personally I still like it when the girl sings the anthem, in fact more and more fans seem to be joining in with her.
+1

Milky

mazza03 said:
phil PLT said:
sionlikesmusic said:
+1
Agreed. It used to be really quiet, but since she's started, every week it gets louder and louder :)

Devil_Abroad

Have Hope#35 said:
sionlikesmusic said:

"Ole... Ole, Ole, Ole Devils... Devils" is always sung! Nothing to do with boredom!
Sang it 22 years ago and will continue to sing it come sun, wind, rain, snow, win, draw or lose! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

phil PLT said:
sionlikesmusic said:
I think she sings it well but I always join in - even when I'm the only one lol it's our anthem [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk