Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Something something important game, return to form blah blah

Webcast available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look :E

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

James

Administrator
Re: Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Upda

According to Elite Prospects this will be Mark Richardsons 454th game for the Devils which puts him level with Franny as third most appearances for the Devils (Although I think Stone played more than 772 for us so their records might not be straight)

Devil94

He lost control with one small incident against Manchester. God knows what will happen if this game heats up, and there's a good chance it will.

Jones72

Devil94 said:
Hogarth reffing :( :( :(
Oh for f*^% sake. Which muppet thought that would be a good idea?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

DevilDom

Devil94 said:
Hogarth reffing :( :( :(
I believe his aim is to try and let the game flow but his reluctance to call anything but the most blatant infringements means that IMO he is seen as weak by the players. They therefore take advantage to the point where there is no flow at all due to the constant off the puck niggling, holding, hooking etc. They are also constantly in his ear which he allows too much of and becomes flustered. It's a receipe for disaster especially for Saturday and I fear he will lose control completely sooner or later resulting in it getting really nasty.

The Devils should be used to his style of reffing by now but wish the league would mix it up a bit as we've had him a lot recently and I don't think he makes for a good game.

jimmy snels

Id like us to smash them all around the rink. Others disagree with me but we were weak not having any form of retaliation for marsh being called out by their enforcer and subsequently ko'd. Salters stood up for doucet against coventry and id like to see janssen made to do the same. We are bigger and have more physical players than the panthers and should make that known very early.

Finny

James said:
According to Elite Prospects this will be Mark Richardsons 454th game for the Devils which puts him level with Franny as third most appearances for the Devils (Although I think Stone played more than 772 for us so their records might not be straight)
EliteProspects don't have stats for all the different competitions, especially pre-EIHL.

According to my stats Saturday will be Richardson's 516th game for us and is currently 8th on the all time list.

Stoney is 1st with 1167 and Franny is 2nd with 679.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #9

Finny said:
James said:
EliteProspects don't have stats for all the different competitions, especially pre-EIHL.

According to my stats Saturday will be Richardson's 516th game for us and is currently 8th on the all time list.

Stoney is 1st with 1167 and Franny is 2nd with 679.
Any chance we could get a top 10 from you Finny? Either here or on another thread?

Be interesting to see how close it is between the players ranked #2-10!

Finny

No problem. I'll update the list and post a new thread later.

DevilDom

jimmy snels said:
Id like us to smash them all around the rink. Others disagree with me but we were weak not having any form of retaliation for marsh being called out by their enforcer and subsequently ko'd. Salters stood up for doucet against coventry and id like to see janssen made to do the same. We are bigger and have more physical players than the panthers and should make that known very early.
Play hard checking game - yes. Go looking for pointless retribution - not for me. Janssen adds nothing to them hockey wise. Salters being a constant menace and playing a hard fore-checking game is a much more potent weapon.

Gough60

Open season for big hits, big fights, lots and lots of repeat misconduct calls,
all dealt with by a 2 minute minor.
Hogwarts is a poor man in the middle for such a big game.

voth26

jimmy snels said:
I think we have to smash them, that's Devils style of hockey, we aren't a side suited to pussying around. It will be hard no doubts about that but we have to play a high intensity physical game, forecheck like our lives depend on it, batter anything that moves. Hit their skilled guys like Ling, Shultz etc constantly as soon as they are on the puck, if we do this at some point farmer and/ or jannsen will step up

Milky

jimmy snels said:
Yeah, sorry mate I disagree. Nothing wrong at all with the Marsh / Janssen situation, but thats the joy of being fans we can agree to disagree :mrgreen:

Personally I rather he was on the ice rather than in the bin as he's actually a very poor player. Don't get me wrong if he steps out of line then all well and good but having him on the ice making lots of mistakes seems a good plan to me.

Milky said:
jimmy snels said:
Yeah, sorry mate I disagree. Nothing wrong at all with the Marsh / Janssen situation, but thats the joy of being fans we can agree to disagree :mrgreen:

Personally I rather he was on the ice rather than in the bin as he's actually a very poor player. Don't get me wrong if he steps out of line then all well and good but having him on the ice making lots of mistakes seems a good plan to me.
Your right but I disagree with you Milky, Panthers said they would make Marsh fight and they did. He was badly hurt too. If Salters could sort Jannsen out early you would see Panthers deflate.

drainage

DevilDom said:
jimmy snels said:
Play hard checking game - yes. Go looking for pointless retribution - not for me. Janssen adds nothing to them hockey wise. Salters being a constant menace and playing a hard fore-checking game is a much more potent weapon.
Agreed Dom you don't win games from penalty box Janssen can grin inanely at the thought he's tough and hope it makes him happy , I would prefer we take points

Also why do we need to resort to Panthers game plan ? They focused on getting Marsh forgot game plan we pounced .......we don't need that type of tactics !

Chris said:

Webcast available at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look :E
Regarding the webcast, I read on the ice time webpage that it's not recommended for the iPad? As my laptop is knackered can anyone say if it's worth me buying it to watch on the iPad or doesn't it work?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Vartel

Marty said:
Chris said:

Regarding the webcast, I read on the ice time webpage that it's not recommended for the iPad? As my laptop is knackered can anyone say if it's worth me buying it to watch on the iPad or doesn't it work?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
They also say that they do not officially support android tablets/phones, but i have successfully streamed it on my phone (using 3G in Swansea) several times, with only minor buffering issues. I think it will probably work, but they say that to cover their position so that it is not their fault if it doesnt work or crashes