Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Updates

Devil94

Re: Devils v Panthers - 9th January 2016 - 19:00 - Chat/Upda

The highlights for me were Lord blocking those shots in last few minutes. Took one in the bollocks and one in the chest. Leading from the front, for the badge on the front.

BostonBart22

Fantastic game helped by two teams putting on a great game, one downside why does myers whinge at almost every whistle he is on the ice , tbh glad we got rid of him, ok he is good at face offs, yes we miss that but again he gave away a crucial powerplay to us and we scored, he was the same last season when he played for us, endless penalties by the bucket load, going back to the ling incident, i did see it , cross check to the back off play, any other time get it reviewed but i hope devils dont ask for review, ok at best a one or two game ban for ling but next weeks fixtures are nottingham v belfast friday and nottingham v steelers saturday, devils will need a strong panthers team to have any chance of beating our rivals ;) . best play of the night was the red swarm all skating to the blue line before the game,,the face on panthers players was priceless. :lol:

Panthers always happy in a loss No issue with this team, absolutely brilliant, arguably the better on he night but the lack of money spent on replacements for injured players is costing us big time and is getting beyond a joke! We looked tired defensively, players doing longer and extra shifts which unfortunately led to errors being made and ultimately cost us the game!

Corey needs to get at least one defender in and it needs to be this week or else it is curtains for us

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I couldn't make the game last night but hey glad we won and everyone performed well!!

What's this the Devils all skated to the blue line?
Usually when called out they do it individually.

What have I missed?

Finny

Rabbitohs4 said:
I couldn't make the game last night but hey glad we won and everyone performed well!!

What's this the Devils all skated to the blue line?
Usually when called out they do it individually.

What have I missed?
The PA system broke down midway through the intro. So Kelman couldn't call the players onto the ice, call out their names etc. Also meant the fans had to start the national anthem themselves.

As for the game, well what a way to bounce back after last week's disappointment. One of, if not the best performance of the season. The players all looked refreshed after the hectic Christmas schedule and put everything into every shift.

Salters was a clear motm for me. Not because he was running players over every shift (that one on Janssen was great though) but because he was carrying the puck from one end to the other and driving the net. When he gets going he's pretty much impossible to stop.

And having criticised him in n recent weeks it's only fair to say Hogarth had a very good game too.

Finny

devils2001uk said:
Panthers always happy in a loss No issue with this team, absolutely brilliant, arguably the better on he night but the lack of money spent on replacements for injured players is costing us big time and is getting beyond a joke! We looked tired defensively, players doing longer and extra shifts which unfortunately led to errors being made and ultimately cost us the game!

Corey needs to get at least one defender in and it needs to be this week or else it is curtains for us

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
;:|

ASHIPP

What a great game. THAT'S what I call the Cardiff Devils....gritty,tenacious, hardworking and disciplined. They played with pride and confidence ...and for eachother last night literally putting their bodies on the line.

Lordo was immense as a defensive forward and lead by example. Great move to appoint Mo as acting Captain..he's a natural.

Gleason Fournier looked so comfortable..has he been here all season? Great positional awareness, good skater, skilled puck carrier.

Andrew Hotham is an enigma... two errors quickly corrected and then a solo show of utter brilliance on his goal. A very intelligent player.

Two great teams battling all night with minimal PIMs. Perfect hockey. Although the Panthers were short on defence with injuries.Crowd was at its awesome best and the 50/50 collection an amazing achievement.

Earnie

What a cracking game. Nottingham were good but at no time did I think we would loose.
Lordo must be hurting today. He took some punishment near the end.

Who would want to watch a football match when there is ice hockey to be had?

Earnie said:
What a cracking game. Nottingham were good but at no time did I think we would loose.
Lordo must be hurting today. He took some punishment near the end.

Who would want to watch a football match when there is ice hockey to be had?
Or a rugby match?

fdlf666

THANK YOU DEVILS PLAYERS and FANS.
AWESOME DISPLAY BY ONE AND ALL.
60 minutes of gritty determination and 'we want to win this game' mentality against one of the better league teams.

All Devils players deserved MOM.
End of the dreaded winter virus's and a new face in the team has certainly raised the players efforts.

Fans intro, Devils Players 'haka', and fans national anthem really raised the atmosphere in the BBT, and scared the Panthers too!!!
Plenty of chanting coming from all areas of the rink, spoiled by the musical interruptions.
(Perhaps the plug on the DJ stand should be pulled out more often?)

august04

fdlf666 said:
Plenty of chanting coming from all areas of the rink, spoiled by the musical interruptions.
It was alluded to earlier in the thread and I often think music between breaks in play kills the crowd. Sometimes, when it's quiet you need it but certainly not last night. That place was jumping. When it's like that, kill the music and let the crowd get on with it. Saying that, I'm sure the younger generation love it!

Blown away by that performance easily one of the best of the season. We played for a full 60 minutes, recent games have seen us go missing in the 2nd period but not last night we owned that period big time. MOM for me was Lord, he put his body on the line so many times last night and lead by example, checking, fore-checking and really getting under the Panthers skins which is why Ling reacted. Salters too was superb, in fact you could go on and on with the whole team.

Wannabe2

august04 said:
fdlf666 said:
It was alluded to earlier in the thread and I often think music between breaks in play kills the crowd. Sometimes, when it's quiet you need it but certainly not last night. That place was jumping. When it's like that, kill the music and let the crowd get on with it. Saying that, I'm sure the younger generation love it!
Yes us youngster would prefer to keep it.

Slartibartfast

Awesome display from Salters. I think this is the reason why fans criticise him. They know what he is capable of.
He is having a reasonable season at just under a point per game but if he plays like that every game he would be having a great season. He has the ability to dominate the ice and is potentially the most exciting player on the ice.
His points are slightly above Hervato yet everyone praises Hervato and criticises Salter. This is because the expectations from Hervato were a lot less.Hopefully Salters will take the criticism as a compliment. If he was an average player noone would comment.

jimmy snels

august04 said:
fdlf666 said:
Said it on facebook, sometimes todd KILLS the atmosphere by playing music or doing draws at a time where the crowd are pumped. Last night the crowd were rocking, that first period he should have said "im back but you lot don't need me so crack on lads!"

jimmy snels

Should have mentioned as well lords commitment last night was fantastic. I've recently stated lord had been poor but he was back to his normal self last night.
Also doucets boarding (called as roughing) was as funny as I've seen. Guy is fantastic

Mooney#16

Just one criticism of last night. The fan who gave Ling's stick back over the glass. No no no man / lady. You got him back into the play. Be smart out there people :evil: :lol: :evil: :lol: