Devils v Panthers - 18/12 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Finally someone has seen sense.

As big a hockey fan as I am we had decided just before this that the safety of getting to and from the rink was too much of a gamble so we wouldn't even try. It's taken our close the whole morning to dig out cars and a track down the hill but even then the rest of the side roads are stupid. If that freezes later coming home at 10pm gone would have been a massive risk.

I know it causes problems but I'm amazed it has taken everyone so long to come to this decision as this should have been called off last night or certainly first thing this morning but at least we got there in the end and hopefully everyone will now be able to enjoy the game when it happens which is exactly what a big tie like this deserves not 5 fans in the stands.

Not good for the teams, the fans, staff or anyone else really to go ahead with it.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #182
I know it causes problems but I'm amazed it has taken everyone so long to come to this decision as this should have been called off last night or certainly first thing this morning but at least we got there in the end and hopefully everyone will now be able to enjoy the game when it happens which is exactly what a big tie like this deserves not 5 fans in the stands.
The game has only been called off because Nottingham are stuck, none of our management or office staff seem to have used common sense...

Chris.

Chris said:
The game has only been called off because Nottingham are stuck, none of our management or office staff seem to have used common sense...

Chris.
well said

TheStub

It would have been interesting to see who makes these calls. As someone said, is it the venue, teams or league that cancel the fixture.

If Cardiff can get their team to the rink, and PI were happy for it to proceed what is the call?

I'm not in the blame game today (I am angry enough at our joke of league officials) - so the fact that common sense finally came through is good enough for me.

I hope the Panthers and their fans get home OK. I would hope none get stuck overnight.

Exactly they knew what the roads were like leading to and around Cardiff.

However I was watching the news this morning and it clearly said and showed that the snow was moving North and that it would be bad, so I am equally surprised Notttingham attempted to travel

drainage

Just baffles me - there was a very real risk we wouldnt half fill a rink. The Panthers own fans cancelled the travel and yet the teams thought going ahead was a good idea..... causing fans to try and get to the rink any way they could.

Sometimes we just need to admit defeat - that white powdery stuff is very pretty but isnt designed for driving in !!

On the plus side as long as the league cant find a way to force the game this side of Christmas and the planned games go ahead Brad will be back for the re scheduled game !!

drainage said:
Just baffles me - there was a very real risk we wouldnt half fill a rink. The Panthers own fans cancelled the travel and yet the teams thought going ahead was a good idea..... causing fans to try and get to the rink any way they could.

Sometimes we just need to admit defeat - that white powdery stuff is very pretty but isnt designed for driving in !!

On the plus side as long as the league cant find a way to force the game this side of Christmas and the planned games go ahead Brad will be back for the re scheduled game !!
dont think would have filled 2 rows .. let alone half

Finny

Chris said:

Chris.
Does that mean Chris you know the Devils management and office staff have the power to call off the game?

Wannabe2

Well i was going tonight, but i am so so pleased that loyal Devils fans wont now miss this game now. For all you guys that would have missed it, i have a beer in my hand and so Cheers to you all.

Sheincar

cardiffdevil said:
Exactly they knew what the roads were like leading to and around Cardiff.

However I was watching the news this morning and it clearly said and showed that the snow was moving North and that it would be bad, so I am equally surprised Notttingham attempted to travel
I;ll 2nd that!!

Diafol

Wannabe2 said:
Well i was going tonight, but i am so so pleased that loyal Devils fans wont now miss this game now. For all you guys that would have missed it, i have a beer in my hand and so Cheers to you all.

I'll drink to that !

Oh hang on, I'll drink to anything...

I have just come back from a concert at the CIA and the roads are awful, I got a taxi and I don't think I have ever been in one that drove so slow.

I am so glad the game was cancelled as it wouldn't have been fun for anyone driving home tonight

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
cardiffdevil said:
It states in the Echo that citys game is off due for safety reasons. They could clear the pitch but not the stands or car park. I take it the rink car park has been cleared?
Yea planet ice have installed underground car park heating, they removed it from under the ice pad, as it was melting the ice.
If they have, then that's broken down too! :lol: Saw no evidence of gritting, salting or clearing BBT carparks or pavements (except immediately outside front door) when I went there yesterday. :twisted:

drainage

Looking at the The Cage and Steeler whinge and they seem to be suggesting we should play this game on Thurs (though what it has to do with the Steelers is frankly beyond me ..... ooops there I go again forgetting who controls the league!!)

Is this a serious suggestion ??? Day before Christmas Eve surely they have to consider the fans here as well ?? Seriously would all of our fans make it for 23rd ..... that little occasion of Christmas making things busy for us all.

Its also possible G was giving a couple of days off to team ??