Devils v Panthers - 18/12 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Not read previous posts but from my point of view I'm gutted tonights game is going ahead. I live in Caerphilly and there is no chance of me getting my car out tonight - I can't even see it under all of the snow. Can't believe I've paid for a family ticket!!!

Even Santa has called from Rhondda Heritage Park to cancel!!! :cry:

drainage

draig-goch said:
Chris said:
Panthers leaving in the next 10-15 minutes i've heard...

Being that i'm only in North Cardiff, maybe 5-6 miles from the rink and I can't move my car I really hope this game is cancelled :(

Chris.
I'm in North Cardiff as well and can't even get the car out. However I'm more worried about ice later on tonight. Have a ticket but really feel like staying in and forefitting the £15, the consequneces of going really aren't worth it.

I would actuall urge anyone going to think long and hard before leaving for the rink, and checking the weather and traffic reports. It may not be as bad where you are but it's terrible in Cardiff. Lots of buses and trains have been cancelled, none running where I live.
I am in North too - Llanishen are there no buses or trains here ?? Cant find the car never mind move it !Thanks in advance

Ger-Devils said:
Well I can go as my street has been cleared by the people living here.

I'm not doing PR work for the club at all. I'm a fan like everyone else. Oh well, I will be there and if people wants updates your more than welcome
Grow up
People want to go. People are stuck. Emotions are running high because they feel this game is being emposed on them.

If the local authorities where more aware of where people are actually travelling from they would advise calling off the game.

I've just read a few of your recent posts and believe me , it sure does look like you are being fed information to be "leaked"

Heck for yourself with a neutral / open mind. Lol

Finny

I've been told that buses are running but they are only running on the main roads at the moment. I had a walk through Rhiwbina village this morning and they weren't running through there. However, they were advertising the 1.05pm bus are running so perhaps they are hoping the roads will start to clear by this afternoon.

I'm not gonna risk driving it, but after walking around Whitchurch, Rhiwbina and Birchgrove fine I've decided I'm going to walk it and hopefully get a bus at some points.

I too would rather they cancelled the game - but I guess it's not their decision to cancel it. Nottingham are on their way and the officials have confirmed they will be their too. Cardiff City's game was called off by the Safety Advice Group and was agreed with the Football League.

Based on what has happened this week, I'm sure the league were hoping the Devils would try to call it off so they can force them to lose the game, Nottingham get both points and go through along with Sheffield.

Ger-Devils

Dr Strangelove said:
Ger-Devils said:

I'm not doing PR work for the club at all. I'm a fan like everyone else. Oh well, I will be there and if people wants updates your more than welcome
Grow up
People want to go. People are stuck. Emotions are running high because they feel this game is being emposed on them.

If the local authorities where more aware of where people are actually travelling from they would advise calling off the game.

I've just read a few of your recent posts and believe me , it sure does look like you are being fed information to be "leaked"

The info I posted on here was due to me taken time to email our office staff who's emails/contact numbers are available on the club website and got a reply so thought I would let people know.

Look I'm just saying what my view on the main routes are due to us getting a parcel delivered from the royal mail this morning and the view of the driver who came from Cardiff who said they're driveable aslong as your sensible - which I am when it comes to driving.

I'm the one risking my car, not you or anyone else so think that's settled

Wannabe2

This is a very emotional subject ,and us lot are a very emotional lot, but we need to do away with having a go at each other. We are all members of the same club with the same hopes and dreams, our anger and frustrations should be directed in different directions, and not too each other.

steve

Well said wannabe, due to the volume of posts today, we'll just delete anything that's going to cause unnecessary arguing. Hope you understand.

Wannabe2

Wannabe2 said:
This is a very emotional subject ,and us lot are a very emotional lot, but we need to do away with having a go at each other. We are all members of the same club with the same hopes and dreams, our anger and frustrations should be directed in different directions, and not too each other.
By the way this is not directed at any individual, but when frustrations run high, we can all say something we dont really mean. Me included.

Ger-Devils said:
Dr Strangelove said:
Ger-Devils said:

Grow up

The info I posted on here was due to me taken time to email our office staff who's emails/contact numbers are available on the club website and got a reply so thought I would let people know.

Look I'm just saying what my view on the main routes are due to us getting a parcel delivered from the royal mail this morning and the view of the driver who came from Cardiff who said they're driveable aslong as your sensible - which I am when it comes to driving.

I'm the one risking my car, not you or anyone else so think that's settled
Lol

I'm so very pleased that you are providing such a bridge between the club and fans. And even more so that the club are so accommodating with. I know pronounce you unofficial spokesperson for the club on this forum

Pity the club weren't so accommodating with people trying to contact them today

I'm also pleased that you know better than the locks authorities and emergency services that are still advising people not to travel. Most of the spills you were addressing your comments to would be travelling in excess of a hundred miles.

Spare a thought for them. Or least make them a flask of tea for the journey home