Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2 said:
Can I just say Durham, Newcastle, Hull, Whitley Bay, London racers, Ayr Scottish Eagles etc etc would give there hind teeth to have what we have, our new gaff will only get better, where as our dump opposite can only get worse. Let's all just chill out and enjoy what we go there for.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Damn straight.

Re: Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

J.B said:
Excuse my ignorance but haven't really been following the top of the table - I assume Sheffield win the title if you finish equal on points? What is it based on first after points?
1) Regulation wins - currently tied (game in hand could change this)
2) Total wins - Sheff 1 ahead but to be tied Cardiff need a win which will make it tied
3) If above two tied, Results between the teams, Cardiff 9 points, Sheffield 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich Best

What a game! Kurka was outstanding all game - chased down everything with an extra intensity. His finish in overtime was special. What a player! Just gotta grind out a result on Wednesday - hit the top of the table again - then it is all down to the final weekend!

jimmy snels

Its strange how people see it differently i actually thought until the 3rd kurka was having a mare :lol: worrying first period again but came back strong. Our D played well. Thought personally hervarto had a high intensity night as did haddad. Belfast defo out hit us but we had enough in the tank it would seem. Please though, will lord and salters make their hits? Two big blokes who play far within themselves

Hotdog said:
J.B said:
Excuse my ignorance but haven't really been following the top of the table - I assume Sheffield win the title if you finish equal on points? What is it based on first after points?
1) Regulation wins - currently tied (game in hand could change this)
2) Total wins - Sheff 1 ahead but to be tied Cardiff need a win which will make it tied
3) If above two tied, Results between the teams, Cardiff 9 points, Sheffield 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really it should be decided on Conference position as those are the most difficult points to obtain

ASHIPP

That goal in OT was pretty special.The move itself from face off to the pass to Tomas took nerves of steel to pull off when momentum was with the Giants at that point. It took super composure and intelligence to execute the shot under that sort of pressure.

Belfast probably felt cheated of a win. TBH they were much the better team at times particularly with speed and chase, and of course their transitional play. Giants' ill discipline allowed the Devils the chance to take the lead....one unchalleged (and unexpected?) soft goal from Higgins allowed them back in.

Fantastic entertainment for the crowd. Valuable two points beautifully gained.

Again tonight I thought the Giants were the better team but we came away with the points, that'll do me fine.

Really strange season though, were fighting it out for the league, it's in our hands to do it and from my point of view we still have quite a few players totally out of form and being carried by the form of others, I guess it's shows just how good (and how much better) this team is and could be, we just need to hang in there now, 3 games to go, this overtime win tonight may have been just what was needed

backrow

It might help to cut down on the tantrums by EIHL players if besides the 10 minute or game misconduct the performing player receives, the team was also penalized with a 2 minute unsportsmanlike behaviour penalty?

Koop11

Wow what a weekend. Emotionally draining performances but we somehow came out on top. Our league title dreams are alive. I’m surprised the fact we have won our conference has gone so unnoticed but my guess is we want no distractions from our ongoing league campaign.

Our performances over the weekend were not that of a league championship team if I am honest. We need to be more aggressive going forward and get on the fore check (my biggest bug bare with this team is the lack of fore check) and force errors in the opposition blue line if we are to take control of games.

That negative out the way, what we have showed is that we can play bad (ok in spells) and win. 4 points this weekend is massive. When you consider the pressure the team is under coming off an awful run, the spectacle of the opening weekend in a new venue and the adjustment to larger ice at home, it really does show the character on the bench to come away with maximum points.

Dare to dream. Keep it going lads.

Milky

How good was Kurkas goal in overtime!!!!!

That was sheer class. Blistering speed and a top draw finish.

Really wish we could have seen more of some of these players on Big Ice. Russell, Fournier and Kurka have looked brilliant this weekend.

DevilDom

Greasy win last night with Giants the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and in OT for me. However at this stage of the season a win is a win!

Kurka's goal was great and I thought he was one of the few that had a good game however I think Mo was unlucky not to get MOM. His 2 goals, particularly the backhanded rebound were excellent and his work-rate was immense.

Didn't particularly like the "2-0 and you messed it up chant" to the Giants players at the end with another game to come against them on Wednesday. I'm sure that will be fresh in their minds and be added motivation to throw a spanner in the works for us.

jimmy snels

MOM easily matt nickerson. Soon as hendo hit that left cross the crowd got going, the giants lost their heads, took dull penalties and in reality it could have been 4-2 at that interval if haddad put his chance away and hogarth didn't call us such a weak penalty to gift the pp opportunity for them (after letting keefe cheap shot about 4 or 5 times in a much more direct way).
Cheers matt, you are as dull as you look, and thats quite some achievement :lol:

august04

jimmy snels said:
MOM easily matt nickerson. Soon as hendo hit that left cross the crowd got going, the giants lost their heads, took dull penalties and in reality it could have been 4-2 at that interval if haddad put his chance away and hogarth didn't call us such a weak penalty to gift the pp opportunity for them (after letting keefe cheap shot about 4 or 5 times in a much more direct way).
Cheers matt, you are as dull as you look, and thats quite some achievement :lol:
Agreed, that fight turned the game I thought. The crowd were energised, Nickerson lost his head and so did the Giants for that 10 minute spell afterwards - and we were back in it. A gutsy performance, despite being outplayed for much of the contest. Morrissette scored a couple of beauties though and the winner from Kurka was a terrific goal. We've somehow got to try and get a win in Belfast, which is going to be very difficult, even if they have no title to go for now.

Wannabe2

Had to leave early last night for work, but have just seen Kurkas goal, how sublime was that, that goal deserved to win any game, Beautiful.

ASHIPP

Giants' lack of discipline allowed the Devils a chance to take the lead....but the Devils conceded the sofest of goals soon after (Higgins skating easily through the Devils virtually unchallenged) so the game was levelled.

Our guys won with sheer guts and determination and that is fantastic considering how momentous the weekend was..but they were not the best team for large parts of the game.

Easy to make fun of the Giants when our team have won....but they won't give the Devils an easy time on Wednesday and will be one of the teams that can still influencethe end of the season and the playoffs.

DevilDom

Finny said:
I think the chant was more aimed at their fans to be honest.
Maybe, but the timing wasn't great as it was just before the Giants MOM was announced and all their players were waiting on the ice. There was definitely a few angry looks from them up at where it was coming from! :lol:

Just hope it doesn't back fire on us on Wednesday!