Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Sheincar

James said:
Sheincar said:
Should Nickerson also have been called for illegal equipment as fight strap undone?
I'm not sure if its still a rule or not but it used to be that the other participant of the incident or the opposing bench would need to call the equipment penalty not the ref. If we didn't request it, the officials can't call it. I seem to remember MacIver called it numerous times after being thrown out for it early season.
Well I never knew that :lol:

Kal

Milky said:
On the subject of illegal equipment then, anyone know why Hotham had 2 minutes?

Confused me.
As I couldn't see anything obvious like having 2 sticks i'd assume he didn't drop a broken stick quick enough for Hogarth's eagle eyes :roll:

osh

Milky said:

Confused me.
I think it was because there was a loose stick on the ice and he moved it in front of our goal area, thus possibly preventing a puck going near the goal. I've seen players not get called for moving a loose stick away from the goal, but Hotham deliberately moved the stick in front of our net.

Milky

osh said:
Milky said:

Confused me.
I think it was because there was a loose stick on the ice and he moved it in front of our goal area, thus possibly preventing a puck going near the goal. I've seen players not get called for moving a loose stick away from the goal, but Hotham deliberately moved the stick in front of our net.
Thanks for that. I've learned something new today :)

dave

That would be this rule:
RULE 165 – THROWING A STICK OR OBJECT

ii.
A player can slide or direct any stick or any part of it, or any object,
away from his immediate area on ice so long as his actions do not
interfere with an opponent. However, a player on the ice who throws
or directs a stick or any part of it, or any other object, at the puck or
puck carrier in the neutral or attacking zone, will be assessed a minor
penalty

bdevil

I'm sure Gotz got a 2 minute minor in the home loss to Braehead because his fight strap wasn't done up. Towards the end of the game, he and about 3 other Braehead players got caught up with Salters and Gotz's Jersey came off..