Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

First of 3 games in a row against the Giants! Usual faceoff times for both Saturday and Sunday.

It's two home games, so (hopefully) there will be a rather excellent webcast from the IceTime guys with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv

We'll (hopefully) be running Match Night Live from the usual location of www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl but this may be dependant on mobile coverage inside IAW!

If you've been inside, have mobile coverage and can help us out for the game, please give us a shout at 07527 625206 and we'll try and get some coverage confirmed one way or the other!

I can't speak for anyone else, but last weekend's result aside I cannot wait for Saturday night, it genuinely feels as though the cup loss could be the catalyst the team's needed to get back on track and what an occasion to set out our stall.

chris592

Good few of us heading over from Belfast. Looking forward to both games, and of course the opening of the new Arena. No doubt will be a fantastic venue, and hopefully two great games with great atmosphere.

Also hoping for a Giants win of course :)

See you all saturday

Just a word of warning. There is a massive swimming gala on at the pool this weekend - all day Saturday and Sunday. You might want to allow yourselves extra time to find parking - because it's going to be hectic down there even without the opening of IAW and extra crowds for that.

My working plans for the weekend have just been altered so I can attend on Saturday. Rang the office and the very polite lady informed me that Saturday night is SOLD OUT!

So on one hand I'm devastated that I can't complete a promise I made to myself the day I found out the WNIR was being knocked down, but on the other hand I'm chuffed that the Devils have sold out their opening night. Well done to all involved.

P.S.If anyone has got two tickets going spare, please let me know.

DevilDom

beachbum4034 said:
My working plans for the weekend have just been altered so I can attend on Saturday. Rang the office and the very polite lady informed me that Saturday night is SOLD OUT!

So on one hand I'm devastated that I can't complete a promise I made to myself the day I found out the WNIR was being knocked down, but on the other hand I'm chuffed that the Devils have sold out their opening night. Well done to all involved.

P.S.If anyone has got two tickets going spare, please let me know.
Apparently there are some single tickets still available.

Russky

OJ is due to be hosting MNL coverage this evening and myself hosting tomorrow, but it is very dependant on Mobile networks reception being good enough for our texters to successfully text OJ/myself the necessary updates that facilitate coverage.

I have been informed by Chris Hartrey that the Vodaphone mobile network works inside the arena but cannot vouch for any other network. I was also told that there will be a Wifi facility installed but alas not before the end of this season.

Huge weekend, really need to grind out a result any way we can and get the confidence back.

Very excited for the game tonight, brand new rink, virtually sold out, let's hope it all works in our favour

Jones72

Re: Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Really frustrating to see our players struggling with the dimensions of our new bench.

...said no one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Rich Best

What a performance from a team under such pressure. I never thought we would lose that tonight. We can play better - of course - but we needed to get back to winning ways and tonight will be a huge confidence boost for the boys!

backrow

Finally got the webcast and enjoyed a very tight game going into the 3rd period. I thought the early kill by the Devils in the 3rd, with the back to back penalties, was the key point of the game but the IceTimeTV boys didn't even mention it in the post game.

Looking forward to another strong effort tomorrow.

jimmy snels

First thoughts.

Chips and a pie £3.60. Great price.
Need a season ticket only entrance, would avoid the jam.
No issues with people wandering around me.
Bars in corner good idea.
Had no signal on 3 mobile.
Thought when crowd got going building was very loud, No loss of noise from BBT for me.
Seats felt a tad flexible for a big lump like me (6 4" 18stone) would be suprised if i dont write one off a season :lol:
Massive lack of bins. Easily rectified and will stop many leaving the rink a dump. A couple of announced messages asking you to remove your rubbish when you get the chance would encourage this as well.

Thought we were the better team. Fournier and hendrikx were our best d pair tonight for me. Bowns made some incredible stops. We didn't make hits after the first which was strange, lord had a few lined up, absolute fair game and simply pulled out of the engagement which was strange.

Joey martin was fantastic. Scores, assists, blocks shots and is the heart beat of the team - 2/3 year deal for him a priority for me this off season, along with bowns.

Parking was great at morrisons.

Hoggarth throwing peacock is something I'd like to see more often. The lack of respect shown to some of the refs is awful. Good to see after watching belfast moan moan moan last few years with no repercussions

jimmy snels

scooterboy said:
Great venue great result we have won the conference fantastic to see Taz back only criticism is that i could not read the penalty times its WAY TOO SMALL
Yeah agree with that could be a tad larger